PDA

View Full Version : [Extension] 5E Spell Components Check

pr6i6e6st
May 31st, 2021, 15:34
This Extension will remind players of the spell components required to cast a spell when they cast them.
If they have items in their inventory that could be used, they will be noted in the chat.
It will also notify you if the caster has a casting focus, a component pouch, or if the spell consumes items.

New update (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?68860-Extension-5E-Spell-Components-Check&p=631554&viewfull=1#post631554)
Get it here (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/359303/?affiliate_id=878507)

Now on the Forge!! (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1590/view)

plap3014
June 6th, 2021, 14:26
Hi, i have equiped the casting focus, but always said is not, can you show me how it is on the item?

pr6i6e6st
June 6th, 2021, 15:15
Hi, i have equiped the casting focus, but always said is not, can you show me how it is on the item?

So it may be a mistake on my part, but here’s what’s supposed to happen.

It looks at the subtype of the item for the word “focus”. If it finds it, it’s going to look if the item is carried, equipped or not carried. If it’s not carried, you shouldn’t get a notification about a focus. If it’s carried, it says it’s not equipped, and if it’s equipped, it says it’s equipped.

If you have the latest update and that’s not the case, I’ll have to go fix that tonight.

plap3014
June 6th, 2021, 15:17

see picture

pr6i6e6st
June 6th, 2021, 15:19

see picture
What is it’s carried/equipped state?

plap3014
June 6th, 2021, 15:38

equipped

pr6i6e6st
June 6th, 2021, 15:44

equipped
Ok, i must have gotten the number associated with that state mixed up. I’ll fix that tonight after work.

pr6i6e6st
June 7th, 2021, 02:21

equipped

I have a theory that it’s finding more than one focus, and is returning the value of the last one it looked at. So I’m putting in code to stop when it finds one equipped. If no focus is equipped, you’ll get the state of the last one it looked at.

Also fixing the logo error by including the logo. Update will be available soon, but IS NOT OUT AT THIS MOMENT. (Points to time stamp).

plap3014
June 7th, 2021, 02:23
I have a theory that it’s finding more than one focus, and is returning the value of the last one it looked at. So I’m putting in code to stop when it finds one equipped. If no focus is equipped, you’ll get the state of the last one it looked at.

Also fixing the logo error by including the logo. Update will be available soon, but IS NOT OUT AT THIS MOMENT. (Points to time stamp).

No rush, everyone in this forum is proactive!

pr6i6e6st
December 19th, 2021, 21:42
Various fixes
Improvement to item matching
Gm can can approve or decline spells and select items to be consumed. This option can be toggled in Options. This option CURRENTLY works best with target and single click, drag and drop method will be fixed in a future update when I can figure out how to interrupt the roll.

NuclearMonkey
December 20th, 2021, 01:36
Found a problem with this today. If the GM tries to cast for the player (in this case, an absent player), it throws up an error and does not allow the spell to be cast. Works fine if you turn off GM approval, though, so the source of the error must be in the added coding to allow GM approval.

pr6i6e6st
December 20th, 2021, 01:51
Found a problem with this today. If the GM tries to cast for the player (in this case, an absent player), it throws up an error and does not allow the spell to be cast. Works fine if you turn off GM approval, though, so the source of the error must be in the added coding to allow GM approval.

Found, fixed, update pending, watch out for it.