PDA

View Full Version : Player cannot Create Character

Evilref
July 30th, 2007, 00:08
Three of my players are able to join my campaign and create a character without a problem. The third got all the files on logging into my FG2 again, apparently without problem. However, after loading he's locking up on the create character screen and is unable to do anything in FG2, he can't even right-click exit it.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this as it's only happening for one person?

Griogre
July 30th, 2007, 01:07
Is he using another program as well as FG2 and changing back and forth? It sounds like FG2 may not have the focus. Sometimes if you switch to another program and back to FG2 the focus does not come back. However when this happens, usually you can minimize and maximize FG by right clicking on the wooden FG2 desk top which will give FG2 back the focus.

Maximing and minimizing the other program may also shift the focus back to FG2.

ArbiterX
July 30th, 2007, 16:35
I'm just learning FG and had two new players over two different nights log in to create characters and both reported the same "Stuck... I can't create a character" problem. We closed clients, reloaded campaign, did all sorts of things, before the first guy sheepishly realized "It works now... I needed to double-click to create a character". When the second guy reported the problems, asking him to doubleclick resolved it too. GL!

Griogre
July 30th, 2007, 17:29
Learning pains are like that - moments of frustration followed by that "doh!" moment. Everyone's had them. :p

The use of the mouse wheel is important in scroll and changing numbers and mods in FG and not always obvious at first. Holding down control while the mouse is at the bottom left of a re-sizeable window to change the size of some pop ups is another.