PDA

View Full Version : Pins Covered by Tokens

sciencephile
May 27th, 2021, 21:14
I know this is probably a very low-level issue and isn't strictly Unity, but I thought I would ask...

Is it possible in the future to have pins be on a higher image layer than tokens in a future release?

The issue is that when players move their tokens, GMs often have to move a player's token in order to get to the story pin for a particular room. Players have the uncanny knack of placing themselves right on top of story pins, for some reason.... just odd luck, I suppose.

Thanks.

LordEntrails
May 27th, 2021, 22:18
This should go on the wish list :)

I've started putting pins on the edge of rooms, just off the edge where the players can't move their tokens (usually). But that's just a work around.

TMO
May 28th, 2021, 05:05
I'm actually wondering if this is unique to Unity. I too recently started experiencing the same issue and I've wondered why I've never had this problem once with Classic. I just assumed no tokens had ever occupied the same space as a pin, but I find that very unlikely in all the sessions I've DMd in Classic.

Moon Wizard
May 28th, 2021, 16:22
In FG Classic, shortcut pins are drawn over the top of tokens; but tokens intercept clicks before shortcut pins.

In FG Unity, click and draw order are the same. (tokens over pins)

Regards,
JPG