PDA

View Full Version : Themes for Custom Rulesets

CaptJack2883
May 26th, 2021, 11:07
I would like to take advantage of the different themes available through CoreRPG, but I'm not sure how to do that. I couldn't find anything about this in the forums, or by looking through the CoreRPG ruleset itself.

Trenloe
May 26th, 2021, 11:15
Please provide an example of which theme you want to use, and for which ruleset. This will help us give an accurate answer.

CaptJack2883
May 26th, 2021, 14:17
I am making a custom ruleset based on the CoreRPG ruleset. I would like to be able to use the base CoreRPG themes, such as "Theme: FG Wood" or "Theme: FG Simple Gray"

Trenloe
May 26th, 2021, 14:23
You need to add your ruleset name to a <ruleset> tag within the extension.xml file (if the file is available in the \extensions directory - the themes you mention are). However, as you're modifying a file in the update system the next time you run an update any changes you've made will be overwritten. So, make a copy of the original theme - change the <ruleset> tag, and also change the name in extension.xml so you can distinguish between it and the original in the extension activation list.

CaptJack2883
May 27th, 2021, 11:09
So I could make a copy of the theme extension, rename it to something like "Theme: Earthdawn - Wood" and add my ruleset to it?

Alternatively, I could use it as a template and make my own theme specific to my ruleset.

Awesome! Thanks!