PDA

View Full Version : How do I add class features to the Action Tab?

Kaliburnus
May 25th, 2021, 23:29
Hello guys,

If you are a wizard you can go to the Spell sidebar and drag the spell to your action tab.

How do I do the same for abilities like the Rogue Sneak Attack or any class ability that is not a spell?

Where can I find these to drag to my actions?

Thanks!

kaernunnos
May 26th, 2021, 01:39
Currently they are not available by default, you'd have to add them manually. But you can also use the SR Drag and drop module, it adds them as "spells". https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50802-Pathfinder-2-Drag-and-Drop-Actions-Powers-and-Spells
Not all of the class abilities will be there though, for things like sneak attack I usually create a new weapon that has both the weapon damage and the sneak attack damage on it.

Milke
May 26th, 2021, 05:20
For rogue, go to the combat tab and create a permanent effect of
IFT: flat-footed; DMG: 1d6 precision

Then, when the target has the flat-footed condition in the combat tracker, you'll do 1d6 more damage.

myyra
May 26th, 2021, 19:57
For rogue, go to the combat tab and create a permanent effect of
IFT: flat-footed; DMG: 1d6 precision

Then, when the target has the flat-footed condition in the combat tracker, you'll do 1d6 more damage.

It's worth noting that this will only work if the target has the Flat-footed condition when rolling damage. That means that using the flat-footed modifier button or target having the flat-footed condition for only one action will not trigger this. Not to say that Milke's advice isn't good, as this is how I do it too. Just something to keep in mind when using.

Larsenex
May 27th, 2021, 00:47
So what was the script to write to add the effect flat footed to (her) target (and) have it only last until the end of the players current turn?

myyra
May 27th, 2021, 01:19
So what was the script to write to add the effect flat footed to (her) target (and) have it only last until the end of the players current turn?
If you were adding it to a PC, presumably you would add a cantrip or something in the actions tab, that added the effect Flat-footed until the end of the turn. (duration 1, reduced at the end of the turn)

For an NPC you can add to automation field: Effect:Flat-footed[D:1][END]

Edit: Oh, and it might be safer to have that sneak attack effect also have Flat-footed capitalized, because that's how the built in effect seems to be spelled. Not sure if it will make a difference, but can't hurt.

kaernunnos
May 27th, 2021, 03:31
The only issue with using a IFT: Flat-Footed effect, is DMG in effects is not doubled on criticals last I tried, while Sneak Attack is precision damage and is supposed to be doubled, so you end up cheating yourself out of damage. This is why I use a created weapon instead of an effect.

Trenloe
May 27th, 2021, 08:14
The only issue with using a IFT: Flat-Footed effect, is DMG in effects is not doubled on criticals last I tried, while Sneak Attack is precision damage and is supposed to be doubled, so you end up cheating yourself out of damage.
I'm not aware of this being an issue. I've just tested and it works fine, that is: DMG effects, except those with the "critical" descriptor, are doubled on a critical damage roll if the target has the flat-footed condition. If this doesn't work for you, please report the issue (with full details on how to recreate) in the ruleset issues thread.

Trenloe
May 27th, 2021, 08:16
Edit: Oh, and it might be safer to have that sneak attack effect also have Flat-footed capitalized, because that's how the built in effect seems to be spelled. Not sure if it will make a difference, but can't hurt.
Conditions and descriptors aren't case sensitive. The only things that are case sensitive are the effect modifiers - ATK, DMG, etc..

kaernunnos
May 27th, 2021, 08:17
It's been a while since I tried, so maybe Im remembering wrong. Will try again this weekend.

myyra
May 27th, 2021, 10:35
Conditions and descriptors aren't case sensitive. The only things that are case sensitive are the effect modifiers - ATK, DMG, etc..

Nice to know.