PDA

View Full Version : Damage Resistance for NPC types?

Nate22432
May 23rd, 2021, 14:56
Hey all, apologies if this was posted somewhere already, I looked but saw nothing.

I am trying to program Resistance to all damage from a specific monster type ex. Fiend, construct etc. However I haven't been able to code it (if even possible). I tried with:
IFT: TYPE(fiend); RESIST
IFT : TYPE(fiend); RESIST: all
IF: TYPE(fiend); RESIST
And
IF: TYPE(fiend); RESIST: all

Thanks in advance

Kelrugem
May 23rd, 2021, 15:31
Hey all, apologies if this was posted somewhere already, I looked but saw nothing.

I am trying to program Resistance to all damage from a specific monster type ex. Fiend, construct etc. However I haven't been able to code it (if even possible). I tried with:
IFT: TYPE(fiend); RESIST
IFT : TYPE(fiend); RESIST: all
IF: TYPE(fiend); RESIST
And
IF: TYPE(fiend); RESIST: all

Thanks in advance

Fiend is not a creature type in 3.5e :) (was it maybe in 3e?) You may mean demon or devil?

Nate22432
May 23rd, 2021, 15:51
You bring up a good point haha I should clarify, I am in the process of building out a Zelda themed campaign using the same mechanics as 3.5 ( I used fiend as an example, a very poor example lol) so does the monster type have to one that is already used by the 3.5 system or is it possible to add a custom monster type to the coding

Kelrugem
May 23rd, 2021, 16:10
Yeah, it needs to be a recognized creature type :) See here for adding custom NPC types: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?68112-Tutorial-Adding-damage-types-to-3-5e-PF1 :) (the bottom of the first post)

Nate22432
May 23rd, 2021, 16:23
Lifesaver! Thanks that's perfect

Kelrugem
May 23rd, 2021, 16:26
you're welcome :)