PDA

View Full Version : chat command to adjust lighting quality

Apocrypha
May 22nd, 2021, 00:56
There is a new chat command to adjust the quality of the masking with the lighting (or something like that) and I can't find it anywhere. /help doesn't show it and I can't seem to find it in the wiki. Anyone know what it is?

Zarestia
May 22nd, 2021, 01:02
It's for the quality of LoS edges mainly.

/imagequality 0-3
imagequality 0: 100%
imagequality 1: 75%
imagequality 2: 50% (default)
imagequality 3: 25%

One shouldn't need to fiddle with these settings and only use them when asked by SW support - that's my last information on what Moon Wizard said about these settings.
That's why they aren't in /help I think.

Apocrypha
May 22nd, 2021, 01:07
But if someone is on a not very powerful laptop this might help with performance is my understanding.

Moon Wizard
May 22nd, 2021, 02:43
Most issues with performance that are hardware/driver related (and not map complexity related) come down to either the graphics driver being configured to "override" application specific frame rates (which you can change in your driver control panel), or when running on older hardware. You should always check the graphics driver override first.

There are two performance related hidden options that we've used to help with low-performance scenarios when asked:

/vsync 0-4
vsync 0: 60 fps fixed
vsync 1: OS/Monitor frame rate
vsync 2: 1/2 OS/Monitor frame rate
vsync 3: 1/3 OS/Monitor frame rate
vsync 4: 1/4 OS/Monitor frame rate

/imagequality 0-3
imagequality 0: 100%
imagequality 1: 75%
imagequality 2: 50% (default)
imagequality 3: 25%

Regards,
JPG

WishX
May 23rd, 2021, 21:04
One shouldn't need to fiddle with these settings and only use them when asked by SW support - that's my last information on what Moon Wizard said about these settings.
That's why they aren't in /help I think.

Since the information has been making it's way all over the forums and Discord, we've gone ahead and added it to the FGU Customer Support Portal with the warning that they shouldn't be used unless experiencing performance issues and/or instructed by Support staff.
Link: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/1638006786/Reducing+GPU+Usage

Feel free to share the link if you see people struggling with performance issues.

Sulimo
May 23rd, 2021, 21:16
Since the information has been making it's way all over the forums and Discord, we've gone ahead and added it to the FGU Customer Support Portal with the warning that they shouldn't be used unless experiencing performance issues and/or instructed by Support staff.
Link: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/1638006786/Reducing+GPU+Usage

Feel free to share the link if you see people struggling with performance issues.

I noticed a typo in the page you linked:

vsync is a setting that allows your computer to limit the amount of frames that your GPU is outputting to match the framerate of your monitor. Generally speaking, if your GPU is processing more frames than your monitor’s refresh rate can handle, you’ll want to lower the number of frames being process to sync with your monitor’s refresh rate.

Probably should read:

vsync is a setting that allows your computer to limit the amount of frames that your GPU is outputting to match the framerate of your monitor. Generally speaking, if your GPU is processing more frames than your monitor’s refresh rate can handle, you’ll want to lower the number of frames being processed to sync with your monitor’s refresh rate.

Direct link to the paragraph (https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/1638006786/Reducing+GPU+Usage#2a.-the-vsync-command).

WishX
May 23rd, 2021, 21:48
I noticed a typo in the page you linked:
Good eye! Thanks for letting me know. I've updated it.