PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent Halting / Freezing / "Not Responding" Messages

allpraisethedm
May 21st, 2021, 23:39
Whenever my SO hosts a game (campaign created in FGU, current version of LIVE for 5E, only extension installed is Theogeek's Improved critical but was having issues before that), they are plagued with the game halting on them, like once every 10 or so minutes, usually when they are attempting to do something like roll dice, create a wall/light, load an image, drop a token onto the map. Campaign file (db.xml) isn't that large either, just 2.12mb, no issues when using the campaign on my computer.

We're keeping an eye on the system usage and not seeing anything crazy, but OneDrive was running, so we'll closed that but were still having issues. Ended up closing everything, restarting, then having only Fantasy Grounds running and still having issues. System specs:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz
Total Physical Memory 15.8 GB
Available Physical Memory 7.52 GB
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070

At one point they were just idle and it went "not responding" again. Checked memory and Fantasy Grounds was using 2.2GB. Nothing "crazy" resource usage from what we can see, 30% CPU usage. Happens the most when they host, but happens in games others host as well, but not as often, usually just annoying enough that it'll be "roll a save" then we have to wait an extra minute or two for the game to process the roll.

Tried lowering the framerate and imagequality through the commands, but doesn't seem to help at all. Tried the settings clear, too. Was thinking about the vault clear, but the website said that generally it's not needed and should only do it if staff recommends, so I'll hold off on that. Attaching logs.

allpraisethedm
May 21st, 2021, 23:42
Someone asked in the Discord if we're using wireless and yes, they are, and now I feel like a baboon for not thinking of trying that sooner, but here we are. Still, even if the bandwidth or latency is a bit worse off with WiFi, should that be causing the application to go "Not Responding" every once in awhile?

Edit: And... while it's immediately appearing to be less frequent, still getting "Not Responding" while on Ethernet.

LordEntrails
May 22nd, 2021, 01:01
How many modules are loaded? Does this happen when they open a list like Items? Does it happen when they open the actions tab on a character for the first time? Are they adding LOS and/or lights while combat tokens are on the map?

allpraisethedm
May 22nd, 2021, 02:19
How many modules are loaded? Does this happen when they open a list like Items? Does it happen when they open the actions tab on a character for the first time? Are they adding LOS and/or lights while combat tokens are on the map?

They have all the source books (PHB, MM, Tasha's, Volo's, etc.) and the Against the Giants module. It can happen when doing all of those things, but also sometimes, like right now while we're playing, they're typing something into the chat box to be translated into Giant speak.

Moon Wizard
May 22nd, 2021, 02:53
It sounds like it could be a performance issue with specific map data.

When the rolls slow down, have you tried closing all the open maps and see if it gets better? (Points to a map performance issue)
What maps do you have open when you see the issue?
How was the LoS and lighting applied to the map?
How many tokens are on the map?
What is the resolution of the screen being used to display the map; and is the map in the background or in a floating window?

If it's a specific campaign and set of images, you can try zipping up the campaign folder, and providing it to us along with the steps to see the issue.

Regards,
JPG

allpraisethedm
May 22nd, 2021, 03:59
When the rolls slow down, have you tried closing all the open maps and see if it gets better? (Points to a map performance issue)
What is the resolution of the screen being used to display the map; and is the map in the background or in a floating window?

If it's a specific campaign and set of images, you can try zipping up the campaign folder, and providing it to us along with the steps to see the issue.

Looking it over now and they do have a lot of large maps loaded into the campaign. Their entire images folder was about 400mb, so we cleaned that up, they images that we used previously.

The issue also happens when no maps are open, but otherwise if there are maps, LoS and Lighting are added manually on their own layers. Generally only about 8 to 12 tokens on the map. Screen is 2560x1440 and sometimes the map is the back ground or sometimes floating, but like I said, sometimes no map is open and the application will stop responding.

It definitely happens more when a good sized map (9900x12600, 9.3mb) with LoS and lighting are on and while it's open rolling dice every other time triggers a halt, but it's not exclusive to those situations.

And "saying it outloud" now, that map size is massive, it's larger than even the ones I use for the DotMM, but again, issue can happen when the map isn't open, so I'm not sure if it's a map issue, just that having a big 'ole map takes even more resources.

Moon Wizard
May 22nd, 2021, 04:13
Hard to tell without being able to recreate the specific scenario, and investigate. A map that large is probably going to have a lot of LoS and lighting going on; so possibly related just having it loaded in the campaign.

As I mentioned, a specific example campaign we can use to investigate is really what we are after, because that let's us observe and investigate the issue, as well as test possible adjustments and fixes.

Regards,
JPG

allpraisethedm
May 22nd, 2021, 04:18
Hard to tell without being able to recreate the specific scenario, and investigate. A map that large is probably going to have a lot of LoS and lighting going on; so possibly related just having it loaded in the campaign.

As I mentioned, a specific example campaign we can use to investigate is really what we are after, because that let's us observe and investigate the issue, as well as test possible adjustments and fixes.

Regards,
JPG

Alrighty, yeah, we're beat for the day so gonna figure it out over the weekend. If we run into the issue again even after a cleanup, we'll compress it and I'll share it on my Goggle Drive, unless there's a better place to slap it.

Laerun
May 22nd, 2021, 04:24
If a map is 'shared' , it does not mean the data is not being shared when minimized or closed. The map sizes, token sizes, content, lower bandwidth, and other factors all add up. The content needed to play are actually very minimal. The GM can deactivate all but the essential core books until level up or spell switching times. Find out how large the character's portrait photo is. I have had players using 800x800 pixel photos for that little 100x100 square box.

Check or ask about system specs: (Suggested) https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/fantasy-grounds-unity/20349

FG Classic Suggested Files sizes: https://fgc-kb.fantasygroundscollege.net/knowledge-base/image-formatting-sizes-suggestions-for-fantasy-grounds-vtt/
The suggested sizes are much 'safer' memory-wise, but not always needed. If you have a decent computer and you have a decent video card. Having a little bit larger or a medium sized,quality map, might be just be doable, provided you have the upload speed and bandwidth, and your players are similarly spec'd. 2000x2000 px is fairly large dimensionally. This also means tons of zooming and manual scrolling in a large map view window, which is horrible for game play and time. DotMM, that map was how it was provided to Smiteworks. I honestly would just use the main map as a GM reference map, and then just use the FGU Dungeon Tiles to reconstruct pieces of the dungeon as needed, and then just link these smaller self-made asset created battle-maps to the original module map.

Best of Luck!
Laerun

allpraisethedm
June 3rd, 2021, 00:26

Regards,
JPG

I apologize for not updating this sooner, but we left for a week for vacation, life, etc. I created a new campaign on their device but after the locking up occurred, I went back to the logs and noticed that the last few times that it locked up, it was right when the game was saving the campaign.

So I tried uninstalling the game, then reinstalling it. Giving FantasyGrounds and FantasyGrounds Updater administrator rights, updating to the latest LIVE version, but still, getting lock ups. Go back to the logs and it just saved a moment ago. Since it's only happening on their device and not mine, it must be something weird with the Windows install or profile, I guess, but this is the only application they have an issue with.

Or maybe the specific hardware that it has, I figured the specs would be more than good enough (mentioned in the OP) but maybe because it's a laptop it's doing something weird with the video drivers? Nvidia drivers are up to date and it's using the dedicated GPU with all default settings, so I'm not sure what to change there.

I also created a completely new campaign and imported the previous characters into it, created a few new maps with the smaller images that they were using, threw a dragon into the combat tracker and started rolling dice back and forth, eventually locked up when trying to load dice: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19--muxeIvu5yA13oTKZoiyOGFD1f52tX/view?usp=sharing

allpraisethedm
June 3rd, 2021, 01:42
Don't know how I didn't notice, but I guess there's a more indepth resource monitor (I was just looking at Task Manager), and while everything else is relatively normal, it's specifically CPU 2 that is spiking when the game locks up.

damned
June 3rd, 2021, 01:46
So I tried uninstalling the game, then reinstalling it. Giving FantasyGrounds and FantasyGrounds Updater administrator rights, updating to the latest LIVE version, but still, getting lock ups. Go back to the logs and it just saved a moment ago. Since it's only happening on their device and not mine, it must be something weird with the Windows install or profile, I guess, but this is the only application they have an issue with.

How do you give an application Administrator rights?
Run as Admin is not recommended - it changes the way the application runs on the computer and how it can interact with other apps.

Zarestia
June 3rd, 2021, 01:48
Don't know how I didn't notice, but I guess there's a more indepth resource monitor (I was just looking at Task Manager), and while everything else is relatively normal, it's specifically CPU 2 that is spiking when the game locks up.

The game locks up because of the CPU then, not the other way around.
Normally this happens for a few seconds when you start the campaign, load modules or the asset windows for the first time. In normal play this should not be happening. This seems cumbersome, but have you tried a really empty campaign with no extensions and new characters? Could be some things on one of the imported characters ...

allpraisethedm
June 3rd, 2021, 01:48
How do you give an application Administrator rights?
Run as Admin is not recommended - it changes the way the application runs on the computer and how it can interact with other apps.

Changed it in application properties, but doesn't make a difference if it's on or off.

The game locks up because of the CPU then, not the other way around.
Normally this happens for a few seconds when you start the campaign, load modules or the asset windows for the first time. In normal play this should not be happening. This seems cumbersome, but have you tried a really empty campaign with no extensions and new characters? Could be some things on one of the imported characters ...
I'm just saying that the two events happen at the same time.

And yes, even with a new character it happens. Like I said, no issues with the campaign files or anything on another device, this specific laptop? Game constantly freezes up. It's not specifically a certain campaign, if it's hosting, if it's online or offline, full of modules, with extensions or not, etc. If the game is on this laptop and running and you try to roll or edit or do anything, once every 5 or 10 minutes, the game will lock up on you and I don't know what to do to fix it.

Moon Wizard
June 3rd, 2021, 03:33
Is is locking up on anyone else's machine that is playing in the game; or on just this one laptop?

Thanks,
JPG

allpraisethedm
June 3rd, 2021, 03:55
Is is locking up on anyone else's machine that is playing in the game; or on just this one laptop?

Thanks,
JPG

It's just this laptop. They host a game, only the laptop has constant issues. I host a game on a different computer, only the laptop again. Not that the others don't sometimes have loading issues, but with other devices it's like once every couple hours.

Moon Wizard
June 3rd, 2021, 04:09
What are the specifications of the laptop? (CPU, GPU, OS, HDD, make/model, ...)
How old is it?

It seems like it might be related to the hardware or OS configuration if it’s only this one machine having the issue.

Regards,
JPG

allpraisethedm
June 3rd, 2021, 12:30
What are the specifications of the laptop? (CPU, GPU, OS, HDD, make/model, ...)
How old is it?

It seems like it might be related to the hardware or OS configuration if it’s only this one machine having the issue.

Regards,
JPG
Windows 10 Home
i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz
Total Physical Memory 15.8 GB
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
500GB SSD
Eluktronic Mech-15 Laptop

Got it about two and a half years ago. No problems playing old and new games on it, except FGU.

Laerun
June 3rd, 2021, 19:46
The lag can also be something to do with file sizes and bandwidth, but I doubt it. Some computers have different drivers or video card settings, or perhaps a Disc Tools running, anti-virus. Etc. Hmm
Did you mess with V-Sync setting yet?

allpraisethedm
June 3rd, 2021, 19:49
The lag can also be something to do with file sizes and bandwidth, but I doubt it. Some computers have different drivers or video card settings, or perhaps a Disc Tools running, anti-virus. Etc. Hmm
Did you mess with V-Sync setting yet?

I have. Also made sure nothing else that didn't need to be active was running in the background at the same time.

Moon Wizard
June 3rd, 2021, 20:56
Hmm, seems like reasonable specs on paper. I wonder if there is some sort of driver issue, driver setting, or some other hardware behavior.

Can you make sure that the user has set their graphics driver to respect "application-specific frame rates"? There is a setting in some graphics drivers (NVidia/Radeon) to override the frame rate specified by the application with some very high number; instead of respecting the application-specified frame rate.

Regards,
JPG

allpraisethedm
June 4th, 2021, 00:34
Hmm, seems like reasonable specs on paper. I wonder if there is some sort of driver issue, driver setting, or some other hardware behavior.

Can you make sure that the user has set their graphics driver to respect "application-specific frame rates"? There is a setting in some graphics drivers (NVidia/Radeon) to override the frame rate specified by the application with some very high number; instead of respecting the application-specified frame rate.

Regards,
JPG

Double checked and frame rates aren't being forced to be anything at minimum or maximum.

Moon Wizard
June 4th, 2021, 03:25
I'm at a bit of a loss; because it's not happening on other computers using the exact same data; and we do not have any other similar reports. This leads me back to something specific to the machine; but not sure what it could be (hardware, driver, OS, security software, other resource hogging software, ...).

Regards,
JPG

AndyGJFantasyG
June 14th, 2021, 11:26
Since Unity we are also experiencing the same "not respnding" issues. It does not crash but is always interupting the flow of the game.
I have a lot of modules loaded, a lot of effects, a lot if images but no walls/LoS information. I have 7 core characters with a high number of effects on them.
We use the 3.5 rules.
In the pre-unity version our issues were network dropping/reconnecting. This no longer happens. Now we get the 'not responding'.

I've not seen any issues with resources on the machine.

Windows 10|i7-9750|/2,6Ghz|6 Core|16GB|GeForce GTX 1660Ti

Just thought I would add the the discussion to say that others are having this issue.

I've tried trimming the images/tokens folders to get rid of any 'big' ones but has had no apparent effect.

As I say we do have a lot of effects configured and active, have hundreds of images and 40+ modules/extras. Still I would not expect this to be happening all the time. It sometimes corralates to actions - open effect box, roll a specific dice roll, but can just 'happen' when I'm not doing anything at all.

I have not tried unloading modules but is that really a solution. I want access to all the modules, particularly if I am developing adventures.

Zarestia
June 14th, 2021, 12:43
Since Unity we are also experiencing the same "not respnding" issues. It does not crash but is always interupting the flow of the game.
I have a lot of modules loaded, a lot of effects, a lot if images but no walls/LoS information. I have 7 core characters with a high number of effects on them.
We use the 3.5 rules.
In the pre-unity version our issues were network dropping/reconnecting. This no longer happens. Now we get the 'not responding'.

I've not seen any issues with resources on the machine.

Windows 10|i7-9750|/2,6Ghz|6 Core|16GB|GeForce GTX 1660Ti

Just thought I would add the the discussion to say that others are having this issue.

I've tried trimming the images/tokens folders to get rid of any 'big' ones but has had no apparent effect.

As I say we do have a lot of effects configured and active, have hundreds of images and 40+ modules/extras. Still I would not expect this to be happening all the time. It sometimes corralates to actions - open effect box, roll a specific dice roll, but can just 'happen' when I'm not doing anything at all.

I have not tried unloading modules but is that really a solution. I want access to all the modules, particularly if I am developing adventures.

Can you compile and upload your logs after a crash happens? A zipped up campaign might also help. That may give some insight.
How did you structure your campaigns in FGU? Are you developing your adventures and then exporting them to run in a seperate campaign or are you doing all in one campaign?

Not responding comes from the CPU doing work in most cases. Under normal circumstances this does not happen while playing. This could be specific to your campaign or some underlying issues (as Moon Wizard already said before).

Zacchaeus
June 14th, 2021, 12:44
FG saves the campaign database every five minutes; so if you have a very large campaign database that could take a while to do. How big is the db.xml file inside the campaign folder?

AndyGJFantasyG
June 14th, 2021, 13:52
It doesn't crash - normally this is a good thing...so no crash logs.

The db.xml is 14mb. Would not have thought that that was 'big'. If it is this, is there a way to compress?

I develop adventures inside the campaigns. However I only develop the NPCs and encounters in FG, occasionally a item or two. I use pen and paper for map creation and plots. I then scan/import the maps to use in the encounters.

So in essence my campaign as just loads of NPC's in encounters.

damned
June 14th, 2021, 14:10
No you cant compress it.
What you could try is
/export in chat and then choose all the NPCs.
Then close FG.
Backup your db.xml (twice) and then edit the file.
remove everything between <npc> and </npc>
Save the file and reload FG.
Is the file considerably smaller?
If not check what else is using lots of (relative) space in the file.

You can then load the exported module so you dont lose the NPCs that you have just deleted.

Trenloe
June 14th, 2021, 14:30
The main time you'll see not-responding is usually due to the following (but probably not limited to just these):
- Loading a module with a lot of data. FG needs to parse through all of the XML and assign it to the relevant record locations.
- Opening a window that has a large list of data. This can be a PC/NPC sheet with a lot of spells, an effects window with a long list of effects, etc..
- Doing anything that's code intense - a complex action (dice rolling with lots of effects and/or targets), loading a complex NPC into the combat tracker.
- A player joins the game.
- As mentioned, the auto-save taking some time. Although some people aren't really seeing this, whereas others are getting noticeable delays. Maybe more related to the local computer setup/config.

Zarestia
June 14th, 2021, 16:02
14mb is rather big for a text/xml file. My adventure db.xml for comparison is 2,66 MB and 46k lines long (equals ~ 100 PDF pages atm). I'd suggest to do the export as @Damned outlined. If you need help, feel free to zip up and PM me your db.xml :)

LordEntrails
June 14th, 2021, 16:28
I will also add that for the future, it's better to develop your campaign material in a dedicated development campaign. And use several of them. One for each chapter/regional/plot line so that you can load and unload the module as needed. See link in my sig for some suggestions.

AndyGJFantasyG
June 14th, 2021, 16:36
I will have a look through he db.xml. See if there are any over the top large NPC entries. Issue is that our campaign is running @16+ and PCs/NPCs are chunky in the details...Not uncommon for there to be 20-30 effects on each character in play.

JohnQPublic
June 15th, 2021, 06:04
We were having similar issues, but they went away when the DM locked the map.

Thunderhead
June 21st, 2021, 07:10
Late to the party (as usual)... we're having some intermittent lag issues as well so I figured I'd add my $0.02. Hard to pinpoint what it is but it seems to be getting worse, which led me to look through the forums.

I'm the DM, running 5e. We're running DotMM with a ton of add-ons but I've got a beast of a machine and a 1Gb connection to the 'net so I reckon my end is equipped to handle a pretty severe load. It's been good but I'm noticing that the players are complaining that their end is locking up when I'm moving NPCs. Everything else seems to flow very smoothly and it's just the NPC movements that are causing grief.

My question for the group is, is FGU single-threaded or multi-threaded? More cores won't do me much good if it's just using a single core...

Machine specs for what it's worth:
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2970X 32-Core
128GB RAM
2TB Samsung EVO Plus
Nvidia GeForce GTS 1080 Ti
Nvidia Quadro P4000 x2
Windows Pro x64

My apologies for hijacking.

Weissrolf
June 21st, 2021, 10:54
Except for the networking part mostly single-threaded. Especially the main Lua interpreter thread runs only on a single core handling everything from modules, rulesets and extensions to GUI interaction. Even worse, said Lua 5.1 interpreter does not even scale with higher IPC and cache sizes on new CPU (Ryzen 5900X here), only clock-rates matter.

Still hoping anyone at SW takes a serious look into LuaJIT (just in time compiler) as possible alternative to speed things up.

Everytime you see a "process not responding" it means that FGU's main thread is overloaded.

Ecks
June 21st, 2021, 15:07
I'm noticing that the players are complaining that their end is locking up when I'm moving NPCs. Everything else seems to flow very smoothly and it's just the NPC movements that are causing grief

I ran into something similar where the GM moving player tokens lagged for the players (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?69158-Lag-when-GM-moves-token-with-lighting-enabled-(since-last-update-v4-1-4)). I believe there is a ticket logged to investigate it.

Moon Wizard
June 21st, 2021, 15:59
@Thunderhead,
The UI/scripting/data is single-threaded; because it has to be in order to preserve instruction order. Graphics rendering and networking is multi-threaded. As @Ecks mentioned, there was an issue reported recently that we are still investigating. Unfortunately, it came in the middle of a big refactor we are working on to rebuild the undo system for image/map editing, which has the system in pieces at the moment. I've boosted the priority, so that issue is the first to look at after undo work. If the players have generally slower/older machines, they can also try using /vsync 2 (or 3/4) to reduce the update frequency of the application in the mean time.

@Weissrolf,
I did look at LuaJIT as a drop-in replacement; and it was not faster in my basic timing tests (loading and main window opening), and actually threw errors because the Lua code in the rulesets/extensions was too "complex" for it according to the errors it threw. So, LuaJIT is not an option, because it is not faster in this scenario and apparently doesn't support the full Lua language. I would recommend again not continuing to try to pin everything on any sort of threading model or on the Lua engine; as the issues that you keep attributing them too have always been related to something else (LoS, token vision, etc.)

Regards,
JPG

Weissrolf
June 21st, 2021, 17:52
There are lots of slowdowns (unresponsiveness) not related to token/LoS/lighting, mostly loading and processing/displaying of data. Too bad that LuaJIT is not an option, because that was my last hope of ever getting better performance short of clocking the CPU over 6 GHz on liquid nitrogen. WoW suffers from the same issues when many Lua addons are loaded, so Lua hit a wall and that seems to be the end of it. But thanks for taking a look and now letting us know about it.

One field where FGU definitively can improve is load/process times of clients. Some months ago I posted numbers (load times in seconds) for both GM and clients and the client loading the same modules on the same computer took way longer and loaded modules in a later phase compared to the GM server.

Currently my FGU data files are on a NAS drive and either the file-access or the memory allocation is what currently slows down my campaign load times, even while FGU's CPU load is hardly ever maxed out (see image of single CPU core that FGU is allocated to). I will load data from a local drive again to get a better comparison of what might be happening and then report back.

https://i.imgur.com/YydXiqV.png

Weissrolf
June 21st, 2021, 18:14
So I disabled the NAS share and thus had FGU load the local offline files. Furthermore I loaded the campaign twice to have all files reside in Windows file cache (aka RAM). Load time for the campaign files (ruleset, modules and extensions) was over 40 seconds.

https://i.imgur.com/o9kHMZt.png

As can be seen in the screenshot the CPU still is hardly maxed out at all, albeit being improved. So either FGU's memory allocation or file read algorithms seem to slow down its Lua processing (CPU). Since loading the same files via NAS share takes longer I suspect that file read access algorithms do at least play partly into this. This may be something to improve upon.

There are times where the loading dice stops moving and the UI becomes unresponsive, so it's all a mixed situation.

Moon Wizard
June 21st, 2021, 21:44
In terms of priority, loading performance is a lower priority than in-game performance and new features; as loading only needs to occur when the session is loading.

Also, you can improve your load times by reducing the number of assets in your images/tokens folder as well.

Regards,
JPG

Weissrolf
June 21st, 2021, 22:39
I tried removing all the many spell tokens I cannot use anyway (asset tokens cover NPC tokens). Made no difference, though, still takes over 40 seconds to load my campaign as a GM, despite the load screen only becoming unresponsive intermittently.

Weissrolf
June 21st, 2021, 22:47
During game-play viewing content like feats or spell tables is one of the more problematic CPU bound operations. Especially those extra windows that show feats "By level" and the like.

Ecks
June 22nd, 2021, 02:12
It's been good but I'm noticing that the players are complaining that their end is locking up when I'm moving NPCs. Everything else seems to flow very smoothly and it's just the NPC movements that are causing grief.
@Thunderhead A possible work around for now is to enable token lock and have the GM move tokens using token lock mode (by holding ALT when starting the movement). At least in my test campaign this worked to eliminate the movement lag seen by the player client when the GM moves tokens with lighting enabled.

AndyGJFantasyG
June 23rd, 2021, 16:23
Not a solution however I turned off almost all the modules and the behaviour was much better.

Still occasionally occurs but far less often....

So when I design an adventure I'll turn them on to create the NPCs, then turn them off for game night.

LordEntrails
June 23rd, 2021, 19:44
Not a solution however I turned off almost all the modules and the behaviour was much better.

Still occasionally occurs but far less often....

So when I design an adventure I'll turn them on to create the NPCs, then turn them off for game night.
Use development campaigns for content creation. Export to modules, only load the modules you need during play.

allpraisethedm
June 26th, 2021, 00:00
I'm at a bit of a loss; because it's not happening on other computers using the exact same data; and we do not have any other similar reports. This leads me back to something specific to the machine; but not sure what it could be (hardware, driver, OS, security software, other resource hogging software, ...).

Regards,
JPG

Sorry for the long delay on this, we've just been dealing with it. Fun update: we got a new computer this last weekend (10th gen i9, 3080, 32GB ram, etc., more than enough you get the idea) as we've been waiting on parts... still having the issue. But it's just their account. With Windows 10 I thought it was mostly just preferences (background, theme, etc.), but maybe it's more? Something in the registry/system configuration carried over? I'm not too familiar with what pulls over when you log into your Microsoft account on a new device.

Weissrolf
June 26th, 2021, 08:59
Check your GPU driver settings, these may carry over via MS account.

allpraisethedm
June 26th, 2021, 10:09
Check your GPU driver settings, these may carry over via MS account.

Check it for what? We've looked at them before and we're not forcing anything, it's all mostly default.

Weissrolf
June 26th, 2021, 10:34
Reset the settings and delete any FGU specific profile it may have created.

Also check if the specific user profile autostarts software that other profiles do not start.

And disable (for testing) or reset any anti-virus software that may use per-user settings.

All that being said, FGU not responding usually means that its maxing out its (mostly single) CPU core while processing stuff or that it is waiting for stuff to happen (like loading/saving a file). Is your FGU data within the user's subfolder? Does another user maybe come with a "clean" FGU data folder?

Weissrolf
June 26th, 2021, 12:12
I tried the campaign you uploaded, but without owning the modules there is little loaded on my setup. I had one PC target the NPC via combat tracker while having the map open. Rolling for attack hardly caused any CPU load, though, so no problems here (even while running TW:WH2 and a low latency audio test in the background).

Sulimo
June 26th, 2021, 19:34
Check it for what? We've looked at them before and we're not forcing anything, it's all mostly default.

Here is the specific link to adjust your graphics settings (https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/1638006786/Reducing+GPU+Usage).

Sometimes Graphics drivers will override application (like Fantasy Grounds) settings, and try to drive the graphics as fast as possible, even with high end hardware.

Thunderhead
June 29th, 2021, 06:05
A follow up to my previous message... I attempted to run the game on another system tonight and experienced the same issue: lag (~30s-60s not responding) for clients (not on my DM session though). This happens when I have NPC monsters that aren't visible to the players -in this case, phase spiders, which makes this issue extra annoying because they blink in and out of player visibility. Only occurs when I'm moving the tokens, otherwise everything else in the game runs great. Interesting to note, if I move the player tokens the game lags too. We have LoS enabled, lighting enabled, and some animations (for water and some webbed tunnels with a breeze flowing through). Disabling the animations doesn't have any effect. Locking doesn't have any effect either.

Hoping that there's a fix in progress because we feel that the game is reaching a nice level of maturity with some of the features. The lighting effects are great! Can't imagine playing using FG without them anymore.

FWIW: Second system specs
Intel i9 7980XE / 64 GB RAM / Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090 - single display connected @ 3840x2160
All drivers updated to current date and default settings set

damned
June 29th, 2021, 06:16
Thunderhead

Is this a long running game that was imported from Classic?
You might try start a new FGU only campaign and import the characters and activate module and run a test combat to see if the issue persists?

Moon Wizard
June 29th, 2021, 06:39
It's first on our list after the big undo rewrite that @cpinder is currently deep in the middle of.

We've heard from others that the token locking improves the issue; but the GM has to use it too. (i.e. hold Alt key to initiate moves)

Regards,
JPG

DCrumb
June 29th, 2021, 08:09
I think that part of the slow down is that in free movement (not locked, not GM while holding down Shift), FGU needs to check/reveal LOS for every twitch that the mouse/token moves. With locked movement, it doesn't need to check LOS until the GM approves the movement. And with the Shift movement, it doesn't check LOS until the token is released.

Weissrolf
June 29th, 2021, 08:42
Before the lighting update you could improve performance by removing all LoS occluders from large maps that you don't use for that session. During beta that didn't work anymore, but it may have changed back in Live. Back then this was a workaround for GPU load, but I would still give it a try.

What you do is to duplicate the map, disable one copy/layer and on the other copy mark all LoS/lighting that your players likely won't see this session and delete it. Thus occluders hidden behind several walls are not calculated for LoS anymore.

I am still confused by the part where you wrote that only a certain Windows user is affected as GM, but the lag happens only on the player side of things?

Weissrolf
July 28th, 2021, 09:03
This week our Pathfinder 2 group experienced the (likely auto-save) related "unresponsive" stalls for the first time. Every few minutes FGU would stall for maybe 20 seconds (did not stop-watch it). Apart from FGU updates the following things changed from last time we used FGU without the stalls:

- My Windows "Desktop" folder was moved to a NAS folder (+being automatically set to always offline).

- I re-enabled some overlay related extensions that I disabled before to check for targeting/rolls related issues.

- Several Character feats were deleted and re-added, because these feats now feature PFRPG2 R18 automation.

- Several PFRPG2 R18 Character effects were added to the PCs combat tab.

One of my players on a Linux laptop mentioned that his machine seems to be quite busy while the stalls happen. On my own AMD 5900X FGU server machine the "unresponsive" freezes of FGU would lead to Discord not reacting to Push-to-Talk as my group told me that didn't hear from me anymore unless I specifically switched to the Discord process.

Weissrolf
July 28th, 2021, 09:08
Some more information: We only played a single small encounter that evening. The rest was doing last touches of previous level increases and selling some last party sheet stuff. The db file is less than 1.6 mb in size.

Moon Wizard
July 28th, 2021, 17:17
FG does a lot of disk-related activity during play for logging as well as auto-saving. Please make sure that the FG data folder is not on a networked file location; this will cause delays.

Since we haven't made any client updates to Live FGU client since June 8, it seems like something has probably changed locally (such as the networked drive effect).

Regards,
JPG

Weissrolf
July 28th, 2021, 17:42
I listed all known changes in my last post. My data folder has been networked for several months without detrimental effects during game-play.

That being said I did some test about this last week, which showed that FGU keeps Windows from using its offline file cache while accessing files that are online (LAN), other Windows applications make use of the offline cache even for online files. Would be nice if this was improved at some point. I only tested loading a a campaign, but I assume that the same is true during game-play.

Since FGU is often CPU limited and its file performance isn't much faster with local files (M.2 SSD) - also a result of working with many small files, aka overhead - this doesn't make so much of a difference in practice, though. The whole campaign folder is less than 25 mb in size anyway.

Moon Wizard
July 28th, 2021, 19:49
We do all of our File API through .Net libraries and file streams. We highly recommend not running FG off of a networked or synched folder; and performance issues or data corruption may occur if you choose to ignore that recommendation.

Regards,
JPG

Weissrolf
July 28th, 2021, 20:40
Geez, are you even interested in solving these performance issues? I used FGU via network for *months* without any such issues and we live in 2021, not 1995. Other users report the same issues without using network or cloud folders. Get your act together please and stop pushing the blame on your users instead of seriously investigating! Next time maybe ask for logs or something useful.

Time to lock another thread I guess. Have fun everyone.

Moon Wizard
July 28th, 2021, 21:19
As I mentioned, we have not made ANY changes to the client for 7 weeks; so if there was a change in performance in that period, it was not due to any changes on our side.

I'm making suggestions for how to improve performance in general; which you appear to want to ignore and do your own way. FG is a file-access-intensive application; and there are no plans to change that at this time.

Regards,
JPG

Weissrolf
August 9th, 2021, 22:41
No freezing whatsoever this week. Still running the data folder on a network resource, same extensions. Various changes, though:

- Fresh installation of Windows on the server PC.
- Major OS update on the NAS.
- Slight edit to scroll-wheel behavior in Token Height extension.
- Different map used in game.

That being said, except for last time we never had this kind of regular (likely autosave interval) freezes. My suspicion is that they would have been fixed if we all just restarted our FGU clients. Next time it happens we will try that.

FyreM
August 9th, 2021, 23:39
It sounds like it could be a performance issue with specific map data.

Regards,
JPG

MoonWizard, you were asking if the OP in this thread had " the map in the background or in a floating window?"
The question implys that ONE of these two options is more prone to cauing lag/freezez/hangups... but you never went further to state WHICH of these two was more intensive of a choice for the Client (or HOST) .. would you please elaborate just enough for me to know which of these two options is more taxing to the system?

LordEntrails
August 9th, 2021, 23:42
MoonWizard, you were asking if the OP in this thread had " the map in the background or in a floating window?"
The question implys that ONE of these two options is more prone to cauing lag/freezez/hangups... but you never went further to state WHICH of these two was more intensive of a choice for the Client (or HOST) .. would you please elaborate just enough for me to know which of these two options is more taxing to the system?
Months ago (I think when that comment was made) there were some issues with images placed in the background causing problems. It has long since been resolved and should no longer matter.

Weissrolf
August 11th, 2021, 09:43
One drawback of background images/maps is that larger window size leads to more GPU utilization even when everything around the map is empty. But now that the unlock button remains present it is quite a useful feature.

ChipDancer
August 16th, 2021, 00:57
Sorry for the late entry here, but I just noticed this thread and want to share some statistics for consideration to the devs and people having issues.
1) My campaign has been running for exactly one year as of 8/13/21 in FG.
2) We started in FGC, I'm the GM, and owner of the ultimate edition.
3) My PC is a gaming rig and I am a server/network engineer by trade currently doing cyber just to point out I am quite aware of how a system should work internally and network wise. I have ZERO issues with running software.
4) Before our switch to FGU we had ZERO issues and this is with everything you can imagine loaded at the time and 8 players and massive battles.
5) All out issues started after upgrading to FGU, but we've stuck with it because it allows us to play together in a means we couldn't prior since the days of high school decades ago.
6) I LOVE the idea this product presents, but there is something going on under the hood.

That stated, the above issues experienced by various people are present and usually the indicator is small stutters in usage and the dice just failing to work, floating in space, etc. Now, until today I was thinking, and still am, that perhaps part of the issue was the way I was upgraded and actually came online to see what the recommended means of performing a clean install was, but noticed one of the devs pointing out to just create a new campaign and that gave me an idea of something that I am going to try this week, though I am worried about potential losses of content in recreating the campaign, though technically nothing should be lost as the original campaign folder will still be present. I thank the person who pointed that out.

Now with that stated, I'd like to point out a few things to the devs and I say this with respect to their hard work.
1) Can we get some tools for monitoring mod and extension performance as well as overall performance please? I'd like to know what my load times are specifically and have them available as a log. If this is already present, please have it has an option for the GM under settings or something. This will help us to troubleshoot issues on our own. Build in an export to support option to automate shooting you logs when requested as well.
2) I've also noticed a lot of the troubleshooting points from the devs fail to point out the actual limitations of the FG software. Example: Tell us is there is a limit to tokens on a map or map files size. Let us know how/if those limitations scale with system performance/capability. If I've got a 5k gaming rig and it's performing the same as my 4 year old laptop then there is a serious issue with the software and the way is scales to resource availability and it's only fair we, as the users, are aware of that.

That said, again, I have nothing but thanks for the devs and all their hard work as I understand the development side of things all too wall, but we need more communication and transparency. There is an issue here, and if that issue is performance bottlenecks, then we as the users need to know the limitations so we can plan around them and make a better informed decision on how to plan our campaign evenings.

Thanks in advance for your time,

ChipDancer

LordEntrails
August 16th, 2021, 05:12
1) Can we get some tools for monitoring mod and extension performance as well as overall performance please? I'd like to know what my load times are specifically and have them available as a log. If this is already present, please have it has an option for the GM under settings or something. This will help us to troubleshoot issues on our own. Build in an export to support option to automate shooting you logs when requested as well.
Already available, just check your log files. Open them from the FG Data directory. You can also use the Compile Logs button on the console screen or launch screen. All the module and extension load times are in the console.log file.

2) I've also noticed a lot of the troubleshooting points from the devs fail to point out the actual limitations of the FG software. Example: Tell us is there is a limit to tokens on a map or map files size. Let us know how/if those limitations scale with system performance/capability. If I've got a 5k gaming rig and it's performing the same as my 4 year old laptop then there is a serious issue with the software and the way is scales to resource availability and it's only fair we, as the users, are aware of that.
I don't know if the devs know this yet. They will have to respond.

My opinion is its going to depend. It's not going to be just a single thing like number of tokens. But it will also depend upon the number of LOS occluders, the number of lights, the number of vision types (normal, darkvision, etc). But you probably already know that.

I do know that they are looking to upgrade the LUA engine, as the current one (is it still 5.1?) has known issues but preliminary tests with newer ones have had significant challenges.

Trenloe
August 16th, 2021, 08:51
The biggest thing that affects FG performance is:

1) Amount of data when a record list is opened.
2) Amount of LoS occluders on a map.
3) Number of FG controls within a window (there are a number of users experiencing slow down on character sheet tabs where there are a lot of spells with a lot of FG controls).
4) Opening a large module.
5) The graphics card/driver running at high FPS for FGU.

@ChipDancer - I suggest the first thing you look at is the last in the list. Sime high end computers run FGU badly because their graphics config is setup in such a way that they run FGU at a high frames-per-second (FPS) level - taking up a large amount of processing power. Refer to this FGU Wiki troubleshooting document for more info: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/1638006786/Reducing+GPU+Usage

ChipDancer
August 16th, 2021, 13:40
LordEntrails,

Thanks for the info, will be looking into that and doing some comparisons as I create a new campaign and start to export my data to the new campaign so I can see a performance comparison at our next session. Those logs will become invaluable!

Tranloe,

Thanks for your suggestions, though in regards to the GPU, without some sort of internal testing/logging from FGU there really is no means to see performance indicators assuming one's graphics config are set to the standard default config for the system, which mine is. One aspect I will be looking into is map file size to see if there are performance impacts on that.

I have noticed that two areas seem to be related when it comes to performance and that is inventory management and character sheets; especially caster types. As I'm not a DB I can't really dig into the database/XLM to see how things are working together, but my group has always had slow downs related to those two issues, but not like the ones we've been experiencing since our upgrade to FGU, which is why I am hoping to see some performance gains by creating a new campaign and exporting the data over. At least with this test I'll be able to see if there is a difference and determine/eliminate if any issues were caused by the upgrade itself.

I honestly don't know what the solution is for the character sheets, but I can tell you that we are in desperate need of better inventory management. We need multiple party inventories that are separate, example: An inventory for bank storage, another for housing, etc. I'm wondering if the shear amount of items in the party inventory, as it tracks everything, might also be causing performance issues, but without tools to indicate performance it's only theory.

Speaking of inventory, sidebar here, please give us the ability to see what items have been identified from the GM view as well as allowing us to toggle between GM and Player views of the inventory as unidentified objects are listed to the players as per the unidentified description, which causes confusion when I can't see what they are discussing as the GM only sees the Identified name.

Thanks for the open communication,

ChipDancer

Trenloe
August 16th, 2021, 14:26
Thanks for your suggestions, though in regards to the GPU, without some sort of internal testing/logging from FGU there really is no means to see performance indicators assuming one's graphics config are set to the standard default config for the system, which mine is. One aspect I will be looking into is map file size to see if there are performance impacts on that.
You can download various frames-per-second display applications which will give you an idea of exactly how many frames per second FGU is running at.

You can also try the /vsync chat commands mentioned in the thread I posted.

And, as mentioned, for some people the "standard default" can cause issues. So I'd recommend at least double-checking what frames per second FGU is using on your computer. Google frames per second display for pages on various FPS display applications - for example, this page lists a number of apps, with FRAPS being a simple one to use: https://appuals.com/the-5-best-software-you-can-use-to-monitor-a-games-fps-in-windows/

Moon Wizard
August 16th, 2021, 15:00
The issue with FPS is that some machines are configured by users (via graphics device driver) to override application-defined FPS rates with "as high as possible" FPS. This causes FGU to run as many frames as possible causing extra processing. FGU is configured by default to use the monitor VSync ratio for FPS. The /vsync command Trenloe mentioned adjusts that ratio; or sets to 60 fixed FPS. If the graphics driver is overriding, then all these FGU-specific settings are ignored by the driver.

That's why Trenloe is suggesting you check your FPS first; to make sure the graphics driver is not overriding application settings.

Regards,
JPG

ChipDancer
August 16th, 2021, 15:35
Gentlemen,

Good comments!

My Nvidia control panel shows everything to match what should be expected, so what I will do next session if the performance issues appear again, as I am creating a new campaign to move things over and see if that changes anything, is to set teh vsync to cap at 60 FPS. Question: Do I have to enter that command with each launch of the campaign?

Thanks in advance, I'll have more information as I see the results from this update, though outside of characters I need to figure out how to export specific items, like specific encounter tables, custom magic lists, tables, etc...also gives me a chance to recompile my campaign data into proper module formats. Any thoughts on that would be greatly appreciated! :)

ChipDancer

Weissrolf
August 16th, 2021, 15:48
Looking at Vsync graphic-driver settings is a nice little tip, especially for Intel based rigs. But it's not the basis for the reported problems here and as such just a sideshow.

Empty FUG desktop:
https://i.imgur.com/2VOCtN6.png

"Feats by Trait" window open (PF2):
https://i.imgur.com/u7QKVOK.png

"Feats by Trait" window moved around:
https://i.imgur.com/DCe5AQr.png

Weissrolf
August 16th, 2021, 15:50
Speaking of inventory, sidebar here, please give us the ability to see what items have been identified from the GM view as well as allowing us to toggle between GM and Player views of the inventory as unidentified objects are listed to the players as per the unidentified description, which causes confusion when I can't see what they are discussing as the GM only sees the Identified name.
There is an extension "Party item identified" that adds buttons to (party) inventories for each item. You can quickly see and switch identified/unidentified via a simple click. Unfortunately you still get to see the identified name, which makes things awkward when the party is about to identify a bunch of stuff.

ChipDancer
August 16th, 2021, 16:27
Thanks Weissrolf!

I got that mod already and it's great, the devs should make that part of FGU by default! :)

Also, where is the default location for exported content please? I've never actually imported exported content before aside from characters...(^_^)

Trenloe
August 16th, 2021, 16:37
My Nvidia control panel shows everything to match what should be expected, so what I will do next session if the performance issues appear again, as I am creating a new campaign to move things over and see if that changes anything, is to set teh vsync to cap at 60 FPS.
As Moon Wizard mentions, the vsync settings can be overridden by local settings - so they don't always help if that is happening.

As I mentioned earlier, there are a number of things that can cause slow down of FGU. This is only one of them, but should be among the first thing to be checked - especially as your PC is a "gaming rig" as you called it, which can be set to override standard graphics settings - which can also ignore the vsync FGU setting. As one thing to check off before looking at the other areas that can cause issues, it's relatively quick to check *exactly* what your FPS is running at for FGU (See the info in post #72 above) - not making any assumptions based off looking at configuration.

ChipDancer
August 16th, 2021, 16:45
Weissrolf,

Is that fraps you have listing those values?

Trenloe,

Agreed. I've reinstalled the latest nvidia graphics driver and set everything to defaults to have a baseline for friday night's campaign. Outside of my imported party members, I have imported no further data as of this post, so here is my console.log. Currently I have a 6-8 minute wait from the time I click start campaign, but that's due to my mods/Ext amount I believe, though if you spot anything please let me know.

[8/16/2021 11:26:01 AM] FGU: v4.1.4 ULTIMATE (2021-06-08)
[8/16/2021 11:26:01 AM] OS: Windows 10 (10.0.0) 64bit
[8/16/2021 11:26:01 AM] GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB : 6052
[8/16/2021 11:26:01 AM] UI SCALE: 1.25
[8/16/2021 11:26:01 AM] USER: ChipDancer
[8/16/2021 11:26:01 AM] Launcher scene starting.
[8/16/2021 11:33:43 AM] Starting cloud server mode. [ChipDancer]
[8/16/2021 11:34:05 AM] Game server started. [*.*.*.*]
[8/16/2021 11:34:05 AM] Launcher scene exiting.
[8/16/2021 11:34:05 AM] Match successfully created on lobby.
[8/16/2021 11:34:06 AM] Tabletop scene starting.
[8/16/2021 11:34:06 AM] NETWORK STATUS: [Server] [Connected]
[Server Type - CLOUD - PUBLIC]
[8/16/2021 11:34:13 AM] MEASURE: RULESETS LOAD - 7.5446563 - PFRPG
[8/16/2021 11:34:19 AM] MEASURE: EXTENSIONS LOAD - 5.568298 - 27
[8/16/2021 11:34:24 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LIST BUILD - 5.4919099 - 65
[8/16/2021 11:34:24 AM] MEASURE: REFRESH IMAGE ASSETS - 0.0932918
[8/16/2021 11:34:24 AM] MEASURE: REFRESH PORTRAIT ASSETS - 0.006008
[8/16/2021 11:34:24 AM] MEASURE: REFRESH TOKEN ASSETS - 0.0961607
[8/16/2021 11:34:24 AM] MEASURE: ASSET LIST BUILD - 0.1964686
[8/16/2021 11:34:29 AM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 1 - 23.0515125
[8/16/2021 11:34:30 AM] s'Adding extended language fonts...'
[8/16/2021 11:34:30 AM] s''
[8/16/2021 11:34:30 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.0279451 - Basic Familiars
[8/16/2021 11:34:34 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 3.9449261 - d20pfsrd Bestiaries
[8/16/2021 11:34:35 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.4319962 - d20pfsrd Traits
[8/16/2021 11:34:46 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 11.5632239 - Pathfinder Advanced Players Guide
[8/16/2021 11:35:00 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 14.0381343 - Pathfinder Bestiary
[8/16/2021 11:35:01 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.2443797 - Pathfinder Critical and Fumble Rules
[8/16/2021 11:35:19 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 18.5496175 - Pathfinder RPG - Gamemastery Guide
[8/16/2021 11:35:24 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 4.6648413 - Pathfinder RPG - Pathfinder Unchained
[8/16/2021 11:35:31 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 7.4404023 - Pathfinder RPG - Ultimate Campaign
[8/16/2021 11:35:35 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 3.9906628 - Pathfinder RPG - Ultimate Magic
[8/16/2021 11:35:37 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 1.8074097 - Pathfinder Ultimate Combat
[8/16/2021 11:35:47 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 9.6141238 - Pathfinder Ultimate Equipment
[8/16/2021 11:36:03 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 15.8293879 - PFRPG - Class and Archetypes
[8/16/2021 11:36:04 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 1.4893356 - PFRPG - Races
[8/16/2021 11:36:07 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 2.3092082 - PFRPG - Spellbook
[8/16/2021 11:36:10 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 2.9207871 - PFRPG Action Library
[8/16/2021 11:36:14 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 4.7258182 - PFRPG Bestiary Fifth
[8/16/2021 11:36:19 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 4.814473 - PFRPG Bestiary First
[8/16/2021 11:36:24 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 4.79902 - PFRPG Bestiary Fourth
[8/16/2021 11:36:29 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 5.0746652 - PFRPG Bestiary Second
[8/16/2021 11:36:37 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 7.5303027 - PFRPG Bestiary Sixth
[8/16/2021 11:36:42 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 5.2247272 - PFRPG Bestiary Third
[8/16/2021 11:36:42 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.0140088 - PFRPG Improved Familiars
[8/16/2021 11:36:42 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.0339993 - PFRPG Inner Sea World Guide
[8/16/2021 11:36:44 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 1.7602602 - PFRPG Magic Item Tables
[8/16/2021 11:36:44 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.2362918 - PFRPG Magic Items
[8/16/2021 11:36:55 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 10.9520877 - PFRPG NPC Codex - Core Classes
[8/16/2021 11:36:55 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.1117073 - PFRPG NPC Codex - NPC Classes
[8/16/2021 11:36:58 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 2.9510616 - PFRPG NPC Codex - Prestige Classes
[8/16/2021 11:36:58 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.4359989 - PFRPG Occult Bestiary
[8/16/2021 11:36:58 AM] [ERROR] Process Data File (PFRPG Paizo Magic Items): Invalid character in the given encoding. Line 19, position 128. **I have yet to look into this error!**
[8/16/2021 11:36:58 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.0239997 - PFRPG Paizo Magic Items
[8/16/2021 11:36:59 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.2229992 - PFRPG Spells
[8/16/2021 11:36:59 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.0909992 - PFRPG Summon Nature's Allies
[8/16/2021 11:36:59 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.1682279 - PFRPG Summonable Monsters
[8/16/2021 11:36:59 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.0030005 - Twilight Calendar
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] RULESET: Pathfinder (1E) ruleset (v2021-06-22) for Fantasy Grounds
Copyright 2021 Smiteworks USA, LLC
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] RULESET: Dungeons and Dragons (3.5E) ruleset (v2021-06-01) for Fantasy Grounds
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] RULESET: Core RPG ruleset (v2021-07-06) for Fantasy Grounds
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: Extension (Exanded NPC Weapons) loaded.
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: Extension (Feature: Extended AC Bonus Types) loaded.
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: Extension (Fonts - Extended Languages) loaded.
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: Additional Golarion Languages and Fonts v1.0.1 by Trenloe and Callum for Fantasy Grounds v3.1.3+. \rCopyright 2015 Smiteworks USA, LLC.
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: Height tracker v3.3.15.1 for CoreRPG rulesets. \rBy Madman, Kelrugem and Darrenan, original code by Ken L. Use ALT+MouseWheelScroll to adjust height.
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: Hero Points for CoreRPG Extension v0.1\rCreated by DIE Hard Gaming\r\nMore great resources at \r\(LINK)
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: An extension for tracking the phases of the moons for your campaign world.\nMaintained by Andraax - originally written by DMFirmy.
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: Extension (Remove Effect Tag) loaded.
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: Theme: Pathfinder - Official\rCopyright 2017 Paizo Inc.\rCopyright 2017 SmiteWorks USA, LLC.
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: Token Height Indication v4.9 by GKEnialb
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: Extension (Twilight_Calendar) loaded.
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: Theme: Simple Brown\rCopyright 2018 ll00ll00ll00ll and SmiteWorks USA LLC
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: Extension (Advanced 3.5e and Pathfinder) loaded.
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: (LINK)\nDrain and Permanent Bonuses v1.2:\nThis extension simplifies tracking permanent ability bonuses and abiltiy drain in PF1e
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: FORTIF, HRESIST, ghost touch, AoO tracker, save overlays and more, v.3.3.15.1, for 3.5E and PFRPG rulesets. \rCopyright 2021 Smiteworks.\rBy mr900rr (FFOS), darrenan (keen), phixation (bypass), tahl liadon (some icons), bmos (TQ descriptors), DCrumb (max tag) and Kelrugem.\rMany new effects and nice stuff :) (see forum :P)
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: Strain and Injury HP Variant Rules v3.3.15.1 and more for FG v3.3.15 3.5E and PFRPG rulesets.\rCopyright 2021 Smiteworks.\rBy darrenan, mr900rr, phixation, tahl_liadon, bmos, DCrumb and Kelrugem.
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: Advanced Effects - PFRPG and 3.5E v1.4\rby Celestian, 2017-2021\rported to PFRPG/3.5E by rmilmine and bmos
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: Enhanced Items v4.4\rFor Fantasy Grounds v3.3+\rOriginal extension by sciencephile with updates by Jwguy, Llisandur, and rmilmine\rAdds useful fields to various types of items.
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: PFRPG - Enhanced Items v4.21\nFor Fantasy Grounds v3.3+ and the Pathfinder Rulesets\nBy Llisandur, based on the work by Sciencephile and Jwguy with contributions from rmilmine
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: Customised Item Generator v1.0.2\nFor Fantasy Grounds 3.3+ and the 3.5E and Pathfinder rulesets.\nBy rmilmine based off of code by Faelwen.
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: Advanced Character Inventory Manager V1.0.6.\nFor Fantasy Grounds 3.3.9+ and 3.5E and Pathfinder rulesets.\nBy rmilmine. With help from bmos
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: (LINK)\rPFRPG Live Hitpoints v2.3:\rThis extension automates changes to hitpoints based on an ability score.
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: Player Agency Version 1.12 20200802\r\nThis fan made extension created by DIE Hard Gaming. (LINK)
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: World Builder Basic User Manual. (LINK)
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: Investigator Basic User Manual. (LINK)
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: Dear Diary Basic User Manual. (LINK)
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: Extension (Decal: Pathfinder - Advanced Players Guide) loaded.
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: Extension (Decal: Pathfinder - Bestiary) loaded.
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: Extension (Calendar Plus) loaded.
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: CoreRPG - Party Item Identified v1.0\nFor Fantasy Grounds v3.3+\nBy Llisandur
[8/16/2021 11:37:02 AM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 2 - 153.4673357

ChipDancer

LordEntrails
August 16th, 2021, 17:55
Also, where is the default location for exported content please? I've never actually imported exported content before aside from characters...(^_^)
FG Data Folder. Accessible by the folder icon on the launch screen. Modules go in the modules sub-folder. Characters into characters, etc.

Zarestia
August 16th, 2021, 18:00
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: Extension (Exanded NPC Weapons) loaded.
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: Extension (Feature: Extended AC Bonus Types) loaded.
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: Extension (Fonts - Extended Languages) loaded.
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: Additional Golarion Languages and Fonts v1.0.1 by Trenloe and Callum for Fantasy Grounds v3.1.3+. \rCopyright 2015 Smiteworks USA, LLC.
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: Height tracker v3.3.15.1 for CoreRPG rulesets. \rBy Madman, Kelrugem and Darrenan, original code by Ken L. Use ALT+MouseWheelScroll to adjust height.
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: Hero Points for CoreRPG Extension v0.1\rCreated by DIE Hard Gaming\r\nMore great resources at \r\(LINK)
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: An extension for tracking the phases of the moons for your campaign world.\nMaintained by Andraax - originally written by DMFirmy.
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: Extension (Remove Effect Tag) loaded.
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: Theme: Pathfinder - Official\rCopyright 2017 Paizo Inc.\rCopyright 2017 SmiteWorks USA, LLC.
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: Token Height Indication v4.9 by GKEnialb
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: Extension (Twilight_Calendar) loaded.
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: Theme: Simple Brown\rCopyright 2018 ll00ll00ll00ll and SmiteWorks USA LLC
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: Extension (Advanced 3.5e and Pathfinder) loaded.
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: (LINK)\nDrain and Permanent Bonuses v1.2:\nThis extension simplifies tracking permanent ability bonuses and abiltiy drain in PF1e
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: FORTIF, HRESIST, ghost touch, AoO tracker, save overlays and more, v.3.3.15.1, for 3.5E and PFRPG rulesets. \rCopyright 2021 Smiteworks.\rBy mr900rr (FFOS), darrenan (keen), phixation (bypass), tahl liadon (some icons), bmos (TQ descriptors), DCrumb (max tag) and Kelrugem.\rMany new effects and nice stuff :) (see forum :P)
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: Strain and Injury HP Variant Rules v3.3.15.1 and more for FG v3.3.15 3.5E and PFRPG rulesets.\rCopyright 2021 Smiteworks.\rBy darrenan, mr900rr, phixation, tahl_liadon, bmos, DCrumb and Kelrugem.
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: Advanced Effects - PFRPG and 3.5E v1.4\rby Celestian, 2017-2021\rported to PFRPG/3.5E by rmilmine and bmos
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: Enhanced Items v4.4\rFor Fantasy Grounds v3.3+\rOriginal extension by sciencephile with updates by Jwguy, Llisandur, and rmilmine\rAdds useful fields to various types of items.
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: PFRPG - Enhanced Items v4.21\nFor Fantasy Grounds v3.3+ and the Pathfinder Rulesets\nBy Llisandur, based on the work by Sciencephile and Jwguy with contributions from rmilmine
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: Customised Item Generator v1.0.2\nFor Fantasy Grounds 3.3+ and the 3.5E and Pathfinder rulesets.\nBy rmilmine based off of code by Faelwen.
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: Advanced Character Inventory Manager V1.0.6.\nFor Fantasy Grounds 3.3.9+ and 3.5E and Pathfinder rulesets.\nBy rmilmine. With help from bmos
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: (LINK)\rPFRPG Live Hitpoints v2.3:\rThis extension automates changes to hitpoints based on an ability score.
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: Player Agency Version 1.12 20200802\r\nThis fan made extension created by DIE Hard Gaming. (LINK)
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: World Builder Basic User Manual. (LINK)
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: Investigator Basic User Manual. (LINK)
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: Dear Diary Basic User Manual. (LINK)
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: Extension (Decal: Pathfinder - Advanced Players Guide) loaded.
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: Extension (Decal: Pathfinder - Bestiary) loaded.
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: Extension (Calendar Plus) loaded.
[8/16/2021 11:37:00 AM] EXTENSION: CoreRPG - Party Item Identified v1.0\nFor Fantasy Grounds v3.3+\nBy Llisandur
[8/16/2021 11:37:02 AM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 2 - 153.4673357

ChipDancer

You've got atleast these bold duplicates which could cause all sorts of errors. I'd try eliminating those first.
A normal campaign with some extensions and modules should initially load 1-2 minutes on a modern rig.

ChipDancer
August 16th, 2021, 18:00
...I feel like an idiot...

LOL!!!

Thanks...I looked at that a hundred times and my brain simply didn't click! Thanks again LordEntrails!

(^_^)

PS: When importing mods that are nothing more than groups from NPCs/Items that I wish to import into the new campaign, but not have to rely on having a module loaded is there any easier way to bulk move said items into a new group in the campaign other than one at a time?

Thanks again in advance!

ChipDancer

ChipDancer
August 16th, 2021, 18:08
Zarestia,

Thank you for pointing that out, will address immediately and report observations.

:)

ChipDancer

LordEntrails
August 16th, 2021, 18:15
You can probably also get rid of the decal extensions, except for the one that you are using (unless you like to change decals during play).

Weissrolf
August 16th, 2021, 21:26
Every time a player connects to my GM client my window gets "unresponsive" when they aquire the file list. Also happens when I connect to myself locally.