PDA

View Full Version : Player sync and character sheet oddity

Padre Moto
May 21st, 2021, 18:22
Hi,

So recently we have noticed that when players join a game and open their character sheets, the Per-based skill levels are not showing at all, even though the points and other data for the skill are correctly displayed.

The simple fix is that the players simply re-enter the skill point value, and the skill level re-appears correctly calculated. All good.

However, what's odd is that when I open the campaign as GM without the players joining, and I look at the character sheets, this oddity isn't replicated. The PER-based skills appear correctly.

Any explanation as to why when the players join, the change suddenly appears on the character sheets?

To the best of our knowledge, we are all running the latest updates to FGU, and I'm running the latest version of GURPS Core.

Cheers,
Padre Moto

ronnke
May 23rd, 2021, 07:41
Is it all perception skills and is that true for all characters or just one particular character?

Do you see any script errors?

Padre Moto
May 23rd, 2021, 18:48
Is it all perception skills and is that true for all characters or just one particular character?

Do you see any script errors?

Hi Ronnke,

So far no script errors at all, and to further clarify: it appears to be Perception and Will based skills.

A player and I just tried to run a few tests, and these are the skill-types that appear to be affected.

The character was originally generated using GCA and exported. We didn't see this error in the Per-based skills until one of the recent updates, perhaps a month ago?

In our test today, the player added some new Per-based skills and Wil-based skills from within the game itself. And we noticed that the values didn't correctly tabulate and the player needed to correct the point value in order for the correct skill levels to appear.

Strangely, the DX, IQ and HT based skills appear not to be affected in any way.

Padre Moto
May 23rd, 2021, 19:22
One additional observation:

For the Per-based or Will-based skills that aren't corrected manually, when you roll that skill, it appears as Skill level 0 in the chat window, but it doesn't show a Skill level of 0 in the Abilities tab. The Skill level is simply blank.

It appears to be a Null value versus a 0 value in the cell.