PDA

View Full Version : True20 Homebrew

Malovech
July 27th, 2007, 00:59
All of the world is now a shadow. An echo of what once was.

The great empires of legend have crumbled into dust. The secrets of the ancient races have been lost. Fear and ignorance have replaced knowledge and reason. Stone walls and broken towers have been swallowed by winding vines and moss, while the ancient roads and rolling hills have become the dominion of raiders, nomads and savage tribes. In the forests slinking beasts and fell spirits stalk the foolish who journey to deeply. Phantoms howl from craggy perches in the mountains. Now is a time without kings or kingdoms, though bandit princes, warlords and chieftains rise and fall like the rolling tides.

Fragments of civilization have been scattered to the coasts, high hills and mountain passes. Tiny city-states have formed; linked together by river-ways and sea-lanes. Pirates cull the weak of this herd, battling for territory and clashing with merchant privateers.

It is here along this rich highway, in the coastal village of Anhdaaf, that you begin your story. Nestled in a protected cove Anhdaaf has become a little known port-of-call for merchants halfway between the city-states of Freeport and Tibelas. The majority of this small community is made up of fishermen, farmers and tribal folk who have a shared kinship with the villagers. In fact, without the Caethu people to fend off bandits and other tribes, Anhdaaf would have ceased to exist long ago.

Here are some details:
all characters will start out at 3rd level, only two of which may have spell-casting abilities (to start)
magic is not very prevalent or well understood, the ability to cast it is innate in some people and develops during puberty. It is also possible for people to develop latent magical ability later in life - but these people are few and far between.
at the beginning of play there is only one Background (race): Human.
suggested character concepts include: archer, bandit, foot-soldier, hunter, mercenary, pirate/privateer, shaman, sorceror, thief or tribal warrior - though you can develop a custom concept should you so desire (pending my approval).
character concepts are just suggested ways to advance your character to fit a given profession, in True20 there are only 3 classes: Adept, Expert and Warrior. Feat, skill and class selection tailors your character to be whatever you choose.
while some commoners pray to spirits and various forgotten gods, there are no organized religious orders or churches and therefore no possibility for a priest or cleric concept (this may change through exploration). Those who take levels in the Adept class (from the True20 Adventure Roleplaying book) can learn healing magic, however.
once I have a set group of players we will determine the reason why you've banded together, what your group and individual goals/motivations are and I will give further details about your situation
I recommend you grab the True20 Adventure Roleplaying PDF, but a lot of the rules will be in FG2, so we can work around that. Also I am sure bit-torrent can be helpful, if you choose to go down that road.
timing for sessions will most likely by 9pm EST on Sundays and last for about 2.5-3 hours. This is still up for discussion, so I'd like to be as accommodating as possible to people's schedules.
If you can't make a session or need to deal with something urgent during play, you will be NPCed with a default set of actions provided to me before hand.
the name of this world is ProgusThanks,

-Mal

DevinRI
July 27th, 2007, 14:12
This seems like something I might be interested in, though I've never played True20. I'll do some research on the net about it, and coupled with any further selling of the game you wish to do here, I should be good to join.

Malovech
July 28th, 2007, 15:07
I am working out a proper teaser/description which I will be sending out to a few people who've responded via PMs and email. I have added you to this list DevinRI.

Casamordius
August 16th, 2007, 14:34
would it be possible to get your true20 ruleset?
I would be very interested to have a look at how you have done the status-check for pc and for the combat tracker.

thank you!!

Warclone
August 19th, 2007, 06:50
I'm interested in playing!

Malovech
January 17th, 2008, 11:53
Just bumping this as we just lost a player and would very much like to add more. Please PM me if you would like to join. Thanks all.

Habbalah
January 20th, 2008, 17:53
I'm interested in the game but I'm not familiar with True20 and I'm not sure that Sundays are the best night for me. But, I would like to hear more about the game.