PDA

View Full Version : Compatibilty matrix extensions and modules

Milmoor
May 20th, 2021, 20:32
I'm using quite some extensions and modules. I do run into issues from time to time, on the whole things work rather well. But some just won't cooperate, or have severe limitations. I was thinking about creating a compatibility matrix for this. Would people be interested? And who would be interested in helping me? Because one is none.

How much detail? Thought the following items would be useful (all dummies):

_______________|Hit and Conquer| More dice |Goldy locks
Hit and Conquer| ++ | -- | +
More dice | | ++ | ?
Goldy locks | | | ++

- don't try this: --
- severe issues: -
- works with limitations +-
- works: +
- works and the author tries to keep it that way: ++
- unknown: ?

A wiki or a some online sheet like Google sheet?
Add a link where to go for support, and for a description?
Supported systems?
How about modules? Adventure modules, only those that add functionality?

Moon Wizard
May 20th, 2021, 20:35
You would have to track the combination of every extension with every other extension; then each extension with every 2 extensions; and so on.
it also implies that the person making the matrix is fully versed in all aspects of every extension, so that they can adequately test for compatibility.

It's quite a rabbit hole...

Regards,
JPG

Milmoor
May 20th, 2021, 20:47
I'm not aiming for perfection. Best Effort is fine. Multiple extensions used at the same time without issues or errors are all compatible enough. I'm currently using about 50 extensions. Testing every combination is mad hatter time. So I install, hope for the best and start searching when things break. But if this suffices for my own game, why not help others in the same way.

Milmoor
May 23rd, 2021, 19:47
Not enough interest, so I'm dropping this plan.