PDA

View Full Version : LFP 5e Dragon Heist 12-Session Campaign

GossamerChains
May 20th, 2021, 17:37
!!!GAME FULL; THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST!!!

Looking for 1 more player for a condensed Dragon Heist campaign (with an alternate start) running for about 12 game sessions over 4 months.

Mondays 5:30pm-9:30pm Pacific Time

Adventure Hook
While walking down the streets of Waterdeep in the Trades Ward, a back-alley brawl thrusts our adventurers into investigating why red-cloaked cultists are trying to kill a swashbuckling noble, how the Bregan D'aerthe may be involved, and ultimately race through the city looking for a hidden Vault of Dragons…

Setting Expectations
• This adventure is heavily based on Dragon Heist, but uses an alternate start and trims a lot of fat so it's playable in 12 sessions while still allowing room for customization based on PC backstories and interests
• This is an adventure of investigation, finding clues and solving mysteries
• Combat will occur, but not nearly as often as exploration and roleplaying
• Downtime can happen between sessions (if you want)
• This is an entirely urban adventure (you will not leave the city)
• Characters start at level 1 and will be level 5 for the finale

About me
My name is Sarah. I've been playing and running games for about 10 years. I run tight, focused games (casual/slow crawls aren't me!).
My flavor of fun is creativity and storytelling through collaboration, respect, humor and open communication.
You can count on me to come prepared, improvise when necessary, keep us focused on the game, take breaks, and lift you up as players and characters!
This is OUR story.

About you
Looking for players who are collaborators more than consumers. Players who engage with not only their character, but with the world and the other players both at the table and between sessions.
Punctuality and respect for people's time is a must.
New players welcome.
LGBTQIA+ friendly.

Logistics
VTT: Fantasy Grounds Unity. I have the Ultimate licence, so you only need the demo version. Basic familiarity with FGU is required. If you're new to the platform, that's fine, but you must be willing to commit to learning the basics before the campaign starts. I would say I have an intermediate level skill with FGU; I'm definitely not an expert.

Video & voice: Discord. Webcam required during games.

Schedule: Mondays 5:30pm-9:30pm Pacific Time.

I like the momentum of playing weekly, but life usually requires the occasional off week for whatever reason. I also think 12-16 sessions is a campaign sweet spot where you have enough time to dig into your character and tell a satisfying story without the hard-to-sustain long term commitment.
Thus, I'd like to plan for 12 sessions over 4 months (with a 3on-1off weekly schedule).