PDA

View Full Version : Regular Thursday Night D&D (UK time)

scytale2
July 26th, 2007, 19:35
I am hoping to set up a regular small group of on-line players who like to roleplay and enjoy solving adventures more than accumulating uber treasure, feats and skills.

I have a few adventures that will take one or at most two sessions, which involve a bit of thinking, a bit of combat and a bit of roleplay. Once we have our base of players, we can convert the group into a campaign group, but initially I'm happy to take people if they feel they fit into the above description.

I think we should stick low level initially - say L1 to L5 - and the party should be neutral or good-aligned. I'd also be more than happy not to GM some weeks, especially if I'm unable to make it!

Later we might do Return to the Tomb of Horrors (a L16+ campaign) which will take a number of weeks and quite a while to port into FG2 too!

Post here your thoughts on what you would like to do and whether you would like to participate. I suggest that we do Hollows Last Hope - a L1 adventure - as the first adventure, especially, as I have already put it into FG2 and also because all the characters are pre-made for it, so it will be easy to get started. And it's short.

Sign up on the campaign calendar at https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=194 . First night will of course be Thursday 2nd August and we'll start at 7.00pm UK time, so as not to be too late for the Europeans.

Blue Haven
July 27th, 2007, 16:36
Hi :)
I sign up on the campaign calendar but now i see that the characters are pre-made lol is that a problem or i can sign in with my character??
Bye

scytale2
July 27th, 2007, 16:46
Hi, Blue

This isn't a campaign as such, it's a freeform series of adventures. The first one I am suggesting has pre-made characters, for speed if nothing else and so I know that the participants are balanced to the adventure. After this, there is no reason why you can't use any character you like, as long as it's reasonably kitted out.

One week we might be doing L1, then next L16, so you will need to have a character to match the adventure we do, so pre-mades certainly speed up the process and of course you can do what you like with the pre-mades afterwards:) But really no one will tell you how to participate and if you have a suitable character of your own and you roleplay it well, you'll be very welcome.

Basically, I'm trying to see if there are a bunch of like-minded roleplayers here, who are keen to get together on-line on a Thursday night. This is partly in response to people asking for a regular UK D&D session during the week and partially to try something a bit different on these boards.

Tropico
July 27th, 2007, 19:02
Well, I'm there :)

If I can recall correctly from other games (and there's a good chance this is just a fancy of mine ;) ) you and I have pretty similar playing style, so it should be fun. See ya Thursday.

mistermole
July 28th, 2007, 21:13
Hi there

Great to find a game running UK time when I can play :)

I have had a bit of xp running P&P with my kids but have only just bought FG. I would love to play with a pre gen char if you'll have me.

scytale2
July 28th, 2007, 22:42
Well we have our four for this Thursday coming. If you want to sign up, there are still slots for the group and future adventures will likely have opportunities for more players.

Thanks for joining!

Could members of the group check the campaign noticeboard at https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=194 for more information.

scytale2
July 30th, 2007, 15:05
One more needed for the Thursday group - this Thursday 7.00pm Hollows Last Hope. Check previous posts for where to sign up!

John_Geeshu
July 30th, 2007, 15:47
Oo! Oo! Me! Me! Pick me!

scytale2
July 30th, 2007, 17:13
Duly picked:)

Oo! Oo! Me! Me! Pick me!

VarnFury
July 30th, 2007, 17:15
If i get a job sometime soon, i'll join you in this as well. *Puts his hand in pocket* Lets hope i can.

scytale2
July 31st, 2007, 23:25
Feel free to sign up, Varn, when you're ready. This week is full, but you'll be kept up to date with what's happening in future weeks. Same goes for anyone else, of course....

metabesk
August 1st, 2007, 06:48
I checked in too. If possible i want to spectate tonight's game?

scytale2
August 1st, 2007, 10:12
I checked in too. If possible i want to spectate tonight's game?

No problem - I'll add you so you can see the alias.

Tropico
August 3rd, 2007, 12:22
Just wanna say thanks to Scytale for a very cool and interesting game.

To fellow players, I thought everyone's PCs were extremely well-characterized and it was possibly one of the best-played sessions I've been in to date in terms of roleplaying (especially the 'We will find a cure!' guy, that just cracked me up :D).

Anyway, hope it continues next thursday, see ya then.

scytale2
August 4th, 2007, 21:31
All set to conclude the adventure next Thursday. We have six good players and with two more we might be able to set up a regular second group, to give options for players or to have a larger group.

My hope is that we will be starting a new adventure Thursday 16th August, so still feel free to sign up, if you are usually free 7.00pm UK time on a Thursday. The new adventure will be posted on this thread.

This is a roleplaying group, so if you enjoy making uber characters, then this might not be for you. If you enjoy a mixture of player-player interaction, player NPC interaction and some tactical hack and slay, then that is our aim. We also try to be fast-paced, so, fingers crossed, you won't be hanging about waiting for your turn:)

See previous messages for the sign-up link.

andrew woodhead
August 5th, 2007, 20:27
well, if you still need more players, i am a very experienced player seeking a regular gaming group (which i have not been able to find so far on FG). I'll sign up just in case and you can let me know if you want/need me.

i am much more inclined to focus on roleplaying and problem solving than, as you so adequately put, acquiring uber treasure.

hope to play with you this week or next