PDA

View Full Version : Hollows Last Hope - Thursday 26th 7.00pm GMT+1

scytale2
July 26th, 2007, 00:50
D&D 3.5 "one off" session.

I will provide the characters. They will be at L1.

There is space for four people.

Post here or PM me, if you would be interested in taking part. If there are no takers, I will reschedule to sometime next week.

If we enjoy the session, then I can run the new Pathfinder D1 Kobold King Scenario afterwards with the same characters.

I will PM the server alias.

scytale2
July 26th, 2007, 09:51
I will post here at 6.30pm to advise as to whether it is going ahead or not. I appreciate it is a last minute thing, so we may or may not be able to make it happen!

You, the party, are Hollows Last Hope. Living in an uncaring community of lumber barons, intent on destroying the nearby but very dangerous Darkmoon Forest, before the town is attacked by raiders from the forest itself, the little village of Falcon's Hollow has a more immediate challenge to face, as its population are falling one by one to the Blackscour Taint.

You, the heroes have only a short time to discover a cure, before the village is decimated by the disease, including friends, relatives and loved ones.

If we move quickly, we can complete the adventure in one sitting, although, since it's my first go at DMing, I may be being a little ambitious on this. That's what we'll be trying to do, in any case.

ZorxPotz
July 26th, 2007, 10:57
I would... checking by again this evening! cheers! ZP

scytale2
July 26th, 2007, 18:37
Well here we are at 6.30pm with only one taker.

I'll open up the server for 30 mins until 7.00pm to see if there are any last minute people. If not, then I will post again with an alternative time and possibly something different entirely.

Server alias is: oily dice huge dice

scytale2
July 26th, 2007, 19:23
Ok server down - not enough takers

KainVorador
July 26th, 2007, 23:30
I tend to shy away from rail roaded games.

NymTevlyn
July 27th, 2007, 00:05
I tend to shy away from rail roaded games.
It was a one-shot game... who gives a damn if it's "rail-roaded". Get over yourself.

The High Druid
July 27th, 2007, 13:18
Hey . . . no need to snap. Pre-made characters would put me off from joining as well so it might be why there weren't enough people to play.

KainVorador
July 27th, 2007, 15:48
Hey . . . no need to snap. Pre-made characters would put me off from joining as well so it might be why there weren't enough people to play.

Maybe they gave a damn. :p

scytale2
July 27th, 2007, 16:54
It's an interesting discussion, but maybe the wrong forum:) I guess my personal feeling is, if the session is fun and my character can contribute, then why not play. Sometimes playing a character that you are not used to playing adds a bit of spice and challenge. Pre-mades also help ensure that someone doesn't turn in with an uber character that cheeses off the rest of the party!

Anyway, like Nym says it's a one off adventure and I really don't mind if people bring in similar characters as they are balanced to the scenario (and ready to go, so we don't delay).

KainVorador
July 27th, 2007, 17:26
I can see your point of view, it's just not for me, or many others it seems. I simply stated that I shy away from games with premade characters. Why? Because I feel no connection. I don't play d&d for hack'n'slash, or random games. I want a background, I want cohesiveness, and I want dedicated campaigns. Nym felt the need to ruffle his feathers a bit for some reason, though I fail to see why, but that's fine. That's his personality and I respect his opinion...however wrong it may be :P (An oxymoron, I know. Don't go off on a tangent about how opinions are neither right nor wrong, yada yada..)

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Tropico
July 27th, 2007, 19:12
I want a background, I want cohesiveness, and I want dedicated campaigns.

Just curious, you do know what a 'one-shot' is, right?

If not, that might be the source of the misunderstanding here, is all.

And having been around for a little while now I can pretty confidently say that the lack of appearances had a lot more to do with the short-notice and 'last-minute-ness' of it than anything to do with railroading or pregens ;)

KainVorador
July 27th, 2007, 21:03
Yup. One shot sessions are just that. One session, then it's over. Even still, I shy away from those because it's not a character I made. In 3rd edition, there is so much room for play with characters...that being handed a pre-gen irks me to no end.

Nothing wrong with that, or anyone who likes that. One shot sessions are just fine for people who like that sorta thing. I'm just not one of them, is all. :)

NymTevlyn
July 27th, 2007, 21:29
Nothing wrong with that, or anyone who likes that. One shot sessions are just fine for people who like that sorta thing. I'm just not one of them, is all. :)And there was no reason for you to come into the thread just to say that.