PDA

View Full Version : To Game or Not To Game...

VonHack
July 25th, 2007, 23:57
So.. I am interested in running a game. The exact details of the game are still up in the air. What I would like to have are players who are just as interested in story and character development as they are combat and mechanics. My storylines are rarely linear, and I usually have no problem running several storylines at once. Of course, running a game on FG is a new experience for me so patience will be required.

I require that players be mature and able to committ to the game. As well as being able to be flexible. The nature of my job allows me to be off on Monday evenings, which is when I would like to run the game. However, there are times that I may have to work a Monday evening. I will typically know about this as far as a week in advance, though sometimes it can be as late as two days before. If something like this is unacceptable, then I apologize now and ask that you not apply. If you are interested, and the schedule flexiblity is alright with you, then continue on.

I am interested in running a fantasy fiction game using one of two systems. First is the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay system. I find this system fits my storytelling style, and I am particularly fond of the magic system. There are a few house rules that I implement, as most DMs do. I will offer this bit, however. I like the system, but I am prone to changing details of a campaign world to suit my own needs. This means that, if you are familiar with the goings on in the world as a player, you might be in for a bit of a suprise when things are not quite what you expect. If this is not a system you are familiar with, don't worry. A knowledge of the system is not required, as I am more than willing to teach beginners the system.

The second system is the default D20 system. If this system is chosen, then the game will be set in Faerun (Forgotten Realms). Again, I have changed certain details to keep metagaming to a minimum, as well as to fit my storyline ideas. As with the Warhammer system, a knowledge of the mechanics is not required. My biggest wish is that the players be willing to learn with each other, and roleplay their characters. Fun is the ultimate goal of the game.

The last thing is this; I am looking for 3-5 players. I feel that can create a fairly good group. Anymore than that and the game could get really bogged down.

So.. what do you think?

I look forward to hearing from any of you that are interested.

joshuha
July 26th, 2007, 01:15
I might be interested. I am definitely into the story driven type games instead of the mechanic driven ones (I run a RP heavy Ptolus campaign on Sunday nights).

Either system would work for me, I am familiar with the Warhammer system and a little bit with the world (from the Malus Darkblade novels). I would actually be eager to try something non-d20 for a change but would be happy with d20 as well.

What time slot are you looking at? I am EST (GMT-5) and could devote from 8 PM to midnight (maybe 1 AM) each Monday. A staggered schedule works for me as long as some notice is given so I can make other plans in case you can't make it.

Tarken
July 26th, 2007, 01:51
I would be interested. I am PST, GMT-8. Monday nights work for me as well. I can start anytime around 3 oclock in the afternoon. Let me know.

Tark

Ninjafied Zombie
July 26th, 2007, 01:57
I am very interested. I'm in GMT -5 as well, so I'd like to know the whole time situation also. My monday evenings are almost always free so that works great for me.

I'm familiar with the d20 system, and the Forgotten Realms campaign setting, but I've never played (or heard of, for that matter) The Warhammer system. I'm a quick learner and wouldn't mind playing it though.

VonHack
July 26th, 2007, 02:26
Alright. Well it looks like there might be a real possibility to get this going. So I guess I should drop the specifics.

Time: most likely 6-7pm thru 10-11pm Monday evenings. (EST GMT-5)
System: Undecided, though I am leaning towards Warhammer.

As far as the schedule, every Monday should work. As stated above, if something comes up at work I should know at least a week ahead of time. At the worst, it would be 2 days.

Based on the responses thus far, it looks like Warhammer might be the system we use.

Feel free to pm me any questions, or post them here. I will answer ASAP. I am looking to get this started by August 08. I hope this works for anyone insterested.

Belizan
July 26th, 2007, 06:01
I'm also a big fan of story/rp heavy games. WFRP sounds good to me as well 8). Color me interested ;).

Lupus Astrum
July 26th, 2007, 07:48
I'm definitely a player who favors strong role-play games (heavy textual role-play - accents, more emotes than words, etc.), and it's great to be with a DM who respects these parts as equal.

I'm currently in Korea time GMT +9, but in about 2-3 weeks, I'll be in GMT -6 Central time, and Mondays would work great for me.

I would really prefer a D20 game as I'm very familiar with the rules (not so familiar with Forgotten Realms, however), but I'd be open for a Warhammer game as long as it's not TOO ridiculously different.

As far as your flexibility needs - I'm completely fine. Being in university, I can always find something else to do if you need to cancel or alter times.

I can tell from how bulky your posts are that you're a DM who will put a lot of effort into the campaign, so please count me in. ^_^

(Quick question - what is your position on using microphones for RP elements?)

VonHack
July 26th, 2007, 13:04
(Quick question - what is your position on using microphones for RP elements?)

To be honest I am willing to go either way. Voice chat programs would speed things up. Once the player base is determined, I will leave it up the group as a whole to decide.

It looks as though there is some true interest in the game, so I have created an area in the game calander. You can apply at the link below. Once we get the core group, we will discuss character creation, campaign specifics, and get the start date nailed down. Thanks again for all the interest.

Game Calander link.
Those Wretched Few: A survivors journey (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=193)

d1wright
July 26th, 2007, 16:34
Though not familiar with the Warhammer system, I am interested in an RP heavy campaign. I'm GMT -4 and Monday nights would be fine. I'll check out the calendar. I've used Yahoo Chat in the past and it works well with a headset and people take care not to Darth Vader the microphone.

KainVorador
July 26th, 2007, 16:39
I'll play if the settings ends up being Forgotten Realms, D20. I'm a heavy roleplayer and have been playing 3rd edition for about 10 years now. I've DM'd several times in pnp sessions, as well as online sessions.

I'm fairly new to FG myself, though I am learning. I know most of the basics. I am on EST time, and monday evenings are fine with me. I'd love to play.

VonHack
July 26th, 2007, 17:17
I'll play if the settings ends up being Forgotten Realms, D20. I'm a heavy roleplayer and have been playing 3rd edition for about 10 years now. I've DM'd several times in pnp sessions, as well as online sessions.

I'm fairly new to FG myself, though I am learning. I know most of the basics. I am on EST time, and monday evenings are fine with me. I'd love to play.

It looks like we are going to be using the Warhammer ruleset, although the area the game is set is still to be determined. You are welcome to try it out if you like.

Belizan
July 26th, 2007, 21:39
No offense to all the 3.5 players, but.. woohoo! Warhammer 8). So many 3.5 games out there... So few Warhammer ones :).

Fusky
July 30th, 2007, 18:46
Hi,
I could be interested in playing in a Warhammer campaign.
I live in Italy, GMT+1.

At what time do you plan to play?

VonHack
July 30th, 2007, 19:48
Hi,
I could be interested in playing in a Warhammer campaign.
I live in Italy, GMT+1.

At what time do you plan to play?

Mondays 7pm - 11pm EST (GMT-5)

Might be a bit of a scheduling conflict there.

Fusky
July 30th, 2007, 22:01
Mondays 7pm - 11pm EST (GMT-5)

Might be a bit of a scheduling conflict there.

Yes, and a very big one :-)
Thank you very much for the quick reply.

Bye and good gaming :-)