PDA

View Full Version : Kids on Bikes DBR

damned
May 17th, 2021, 16:20
Kids on Bikes
This a basic ruleset for the Narrative RPG Kids on Bikes which can be found here: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/3439/Hunters-Entertainment/subcategory/30457/Kids-On-Bikes for about $10. You will need the Full Rules or at least the Free RPG Day rules primer. Its a pretty simple system but it is a lot of fun to play with the right group.

Legal Stuff
Under US copyright law game mechanics are not protected. This DBR (damned basic ruleset) includes mechanics from the game system it is written for but does not include content and other copyright protected material. This DBR is not licensed, endorsed or sanctioned by the games copyright holders. Some parts of the code in this DBR may be copyright SmiteWorks. You should ask my permission before borrowing code from this DBR.

Incentiveware
These DBRs take a long time to learn the game system, plan the project, develop and test the code and create graphics. I do it to enable more people to play what they want to play on Fantasy Grounds. If you find this DBR useful and you want to encourage this kind of work please consider making a donation via paypal to help feed my RPG habit. This DBR is 100% free to use and no donation is required.

If you want to contribute you can do so here: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/fgdamned

Guarantees
There is no guarantee that this DBR will do everything you want or expect it to, that the DBR will be error free, that I will continue to support the DBR etc. Over time I may find I have more or less time or willingness to work on this DBR. It is what it is.

Commercial Ruleset
If a DBR proves to be popular it may lead to a commercial/store project but there is no guarantee of this.

Fast Start
Here is a quick overview on how to use the ruleset: https://youtu.be/J-M39hTqBJs

Things to Note
This is a FGU only ruleset. It uses some features that are only available in FGU.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=46829

Please download the ruleset from the Forge - https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/259/view

damned
May 17th, 2021, 16:27
reserved

Kelrugem
May 17th, 2021, 16:56
uiuiui, thanks :D

FromMonkey2Man
September 2nd, 2021, 23:04
sorry, new to this but how do I get mine to look like yours? ie the character sheet and general layout?

Cheers

bmos
September 2nd, 2021, 23:12
This is awesome! I'd love to run this again someday, especially now that it's available for FG.

damned
September 3rd, 2021, 00:34
sorry, new to this but how do I get mine to look like yours? ie the character sheet and general layout?

Cheers

Copy the PAK file to your /rulesets folder and then create a new campaign and select DBRKoB as the ruleset.

FromMonkey2Man
September 3rd, 2021, 01:11
thanks for the speedy replies, not sure why but didnt work the first couple of tries but now good

Cheers

Baron Idolatre
January 22nd, 2022, 13:53
hi, thx for your work. I run Kids on bikes with your ruleset and it's awesome. but since a few months there seems to be a problem with tokens on the sheet. Impossible to add.
am the only one in this case ?

damned
January 22nd, 2022, 14:15
Hi Baron I havent used it myself recently. Can you provide more information?

Baron Idolatre
January 22nd, 2022, 17:23
I can try. the problem is on the character sheet just here :

it worked well before but now nothing happens when you click to add tokens or give them. Spend token seems to work but since it's impossible to add one...

damned
January 23rd, 2022, 00:10
Thanks Baron Ive uploaded a new build. If you Check For Updates and retest it should work.

Baron Idolatre
January 23rd, 2022, 10:47
At first thanks to you for your time. I Check For Updates but the problem is still here for now

damned
January 23rd, 2022, 12:00
Does your chat show Version 1.07 20220123 when you load up the campaign?

Baron Idolatre
January 23rd, 2022, 13:40
I just have the info for this in the chat :

Core RPG ruleset (v2022-01-04) for Fantasy Grounds
Copyright 2022 Smiteworks USA, LLC

damned
January 23rd, 2022, 19:39
Do you have a copy of the ruleset in your \rulesets folder? Delete it.

Baron Idolatre
January 23rd, 2022, 19:53
ok it's done. What can i do next ?

damned
January 23rd, 2022, 20:36
Launch your campaign and check chat for Version 1.07 20220123
If that is present retest your characters.

Baron Idolatre
January 24th, 2022, 07:26
I try but the campaign doesn't load whitout the ruleset in the folder. And the Version 1.07 20220123 never shows up in the chat. I don't know where to find that. I just always have the same message : Core RPG ruleset (v2022-01-04)

damned
January 24th, 2022, 07:33
Please use the version from the Forge.
https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/259/view

Baron Idolatre
January 24th, 2022, 07:45
Thanks a lot !
it seems to work
I suck at this kind of thing and you’re a magician to me

damned
January 24th, 2022, 07:51
We come together to make magic. It doesnt work without others.

damned
September 19th, 2022, 06:46
Ive been waiting for you to show your true colors henryj8...

esmdev
September 19th, 2022, 06:57
Ive been waiting for you to show your true colors henryj8...

Ominous... :). I guess you have a hunters instincts.

Camberme
November 29th, 2022, 09:22
Hey damned, love you work as always I know you work so hard, and have probally passed on the project now for a while. After playing the kids on bikes, as kids on broomsticks I came upon some "issues"?
The character sheet isn't adjustable, like to drag the window "to the right" to expand the "notes" area for story to be written in, "totally not needed" because as a player you could just use the actual FG notes drop down, and just link from there to notes.

The "backpack area" doesn't accept FG Items. I created items for the wand cores and woods and broomsticks, to make it easier, but can only drag/drop them to the notes not backpack.

Sometimes when rolling a check, you have the option of using a magic die. we can just "add" a d4 by rolling it, but a checkbox for "magic" would be nice to have the system calculate the magic die properly (with it's explode as well)

Last one. Using the modifier is easy peasy, I had a player who would forget to do it, On the stat area you can add +1 to any stat, which is nice for the ones you get for your age, having another box to add a number (more than 1), for magic, would be nice as well, so it only adds the bonus if you have also clicked the magic dice, representing wanting to use your wand/broom?

I know it's a lot but know it's only done out of respect and awe since you do so much awesome work!

damned
November 29th, 2022, 12:52
Hi Camberme

For notes you can create Notes and then drag them onto the character sheet giving you significantly more data collection. That is a Formatted Text field so you can link anything in there.

Yes the Backpack accepts Backpack items - just the layout is a bit different it made some sense to use a different data type. You should have Backpack in the side menu to allow you to create things in advance.

Please spell out more info on the Magic mechanic. I dont currently own Kids on Brooms.

Camberme
November 29th, 2022, 16:27
In addition to skills. There is "magic" which just uses the skill. Like attack magic is fight. Illusion magic is charm. But it adds a d4. The "magic die". And you have a wand. Which also adds an extra + to a Stat or 2. So we would need a way to add that in. I was suggesting like the current box to check for a +1. But one we can add more into for things like wand. Broom. Strength sometimes can get upwards of 5 or 6 depending.

similarly
January 15th, 2023, 04:44
I would happily pay well to see a full commercial release of this. Much respect for your hard work!

damned
January 15th, 2023, 05:51
I also have a half done Kids on Brooms.
I dont have time right now to chase Hunters Entertainment but would be interested in making commercial versions.