PDA

View Full Version : Color of Grid Lines

Rich4757
July 24th, 2007, 19:20
I bought myself a copy of CC3 and the DD3 add-on over the weekend and went about learning how to create some maps in that program. Well after finally figuring out how to get them to show up correctly in FG2 I went to apply the grid to it and can't really see the grid lines up against my gray and brown map background. So my question now is can I change the color and possibly even the thickness of the lines created by the grid so that I can see them? I'd like a bright Yellow or even a simple white.

Dachannien
July 24th, 2007, 20:13
If CC3 will allow you to add your own grid lines, you might try that. I use Dundjinni for my maps, and I add my grid lines there, matching up the grid in FG afterwards.

Valarian
July 24th, 2007, 20:32
You can indeed change the colour of the grid in CC3

Go to the layers menu in the top middle/right and unlock the hex/square grid layer.
Select the Change Properties tool from the left hand toolbars
Right click on the map, you should get a context menu
Select layer from the context menu to get layer selection
Hit Enter to get the layer dialogue
Select the Hex/Square Grid layer (actually I think you can even unlock it at this stage)
Select Do It from the right-click menu
A properties dialogue should now be shown, and colour is one of the options

Griogre
July 24th, 2007, 21:02
It is not possible to change the color of the grid in FG2, however. If you are planning on using the FG2 grids you should keep the map a light color so they will show up - ie use light grey and light brown as backgrounds. I agree it would be a nice feature in FG to be able to change the grid colors on a per map basis.

Callum
July 25th, 2007, 10:56
As an alternative way of looking at this issue, maybe you don't really need to see the grid lines? After all, the FGII effects tied to the grid will all still work - areas of effect, threatened squares, character movement - and it might be nice not to have the overlaid grid dominating your view of the terrain. In fact, maybe it's better this way?! Yeah, I want to be able to change the grid lines to invisible! ;-)

Valarian
July 25th, 2007, 11:02
You could draw grid lines on the CC3 map to the required scale. Make these a colour that'll stand out from the background. Then overlay the FG2 grid on top.