PDA

View Full Version : Req: / command to load hotkeys

Sigurd
July 23rd, 2007, 21:50
I am in one adventure and alternate between characters.

I would love to be able to load different hotkeys for each character.

ie /hotk Reginald - loads all reginald's hot keys.

I know screen real estate is limited but a / command would be very helpful for this. Might also work to speed customization. '/hotk base' could load your favourite starting point(s) and then you could customize them for each char.

Does anyone else think this would be a great idea?

Sigurd

Toadwart
July 24th, 2007, 00:12
Yep.
Though I was thinking that each character would just have it's own hotkey configuration that is set up automatically when the character is activated (in the same way that the dice color is specific to the active character)

Your way is more practical though as the shortcuts would have to be manually set up the first time you selected the character and might have to be recreated if if the dm cleared the owner (e.g. so another user could run that char for a session while you were away)

Sigurd
July 24th, 2007, 01:33
A client side macro could populate the shortcut keys. Most people would only have maybe a dozen macros.

I can see using a similar macro on different characters too. I guess one might need a way for DM intervention\examination in case people found cheating shortcut keys.

S

bonzai95
July 24th, 2007, 01:34
along the same lines, it'd even be nice just to have the rolls attributed to the right character when dragged off the character sheet instead of the active one.

bonzai