PDA

View Full Version : Assign Speaker to a chat paragraph in note?

SirJoe
July 23rd, 2007, 04:55
I'm preparing an adventure and have a fair bit of pre-scripted text. A few days ago, I noticed that after you set a paragraph in a note to a 'chat frame', you can then reclick on the paragraph and you get the option to 'assign speaker' in the radial menu.
I have tried many different ways to use this option to assign specific characters as speakers, but to no avail. Clearly I am missing something obvious here. Any help is muchly appeciated.
Cheers,
Sir Joe

Kalan
July 23rd, 2007, 05:23
I'm preparing an adventure and have a fair bit of pre-scripted text. A few days ago, I noticed that after you set a paragraph in a note to a 'chat frame', you can then reclick on the paragraph and you get the option to 'assign speaker' in the radial menu.
I have tried many different ways to use this option to assign specific characters as speakers, but to no avail. Clearly I am missing something obvious here. Any help is muchly appeciated.
Cheers,
Sir Joe

It can be a little tricky sometimes, and the "prompt" can be missed sometimes. Once you've turned the paragraph in question into a chat frame, assign speaker, then click the box again. You should see it indent slightly. THen position the cursor at the start of the paragraph, and hit the Home key. You should then see a small space between the cursor and the rest of the paragraph.

Type in the ID you want to speak the paragraph, and yer done. Closing the edit window "locks" everything. To use it, just drag the paragraph into the chat box, and it should then show up in "NPC Blue".

Hope that helps out :)

V