PDA

View Full Version : FG Options

spoonhead
May 15th, 2021, 14:29
Has the WIKI been updated for the change in options, or is it now under the Unity version. I couldn't find it.

Zacchaeus
May 15th, 2021, 14:59
I think the options are all still covered here https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996642014/5E+Campaign+Options

There may be one or two missing.

spoonhead
May 15th, 2021, 15:05
Cheers, I could only find the old version. That now leads me onto my next question.

I have set the Chat: Show results to clients as Friendly. In my campaign, the players see the results of their attack roll, but not if it hits or misses. I have to read that out. Similarly the damage roll is shown, but not the effect, such as double damage if the NPC is vulnerable to the the damage type.

Is that expected outcome?

bmos
May 15th, 2021, 15:08
Cheers, I could only find the old version. That now leads me onto my next question.

I have set the Chat: Show results to clients as Friendly. In my campaign, the players see the results of their attack roll, but not if it hits or misses. I have to read that out. Similarly the damage roll is shown, but not the effect, such as double damage if the NPC is vulnerable to the the damage type.

Is that expected outcome?yes. "results" is the hit/miss and applied damage information

Zacchaeus
May 15th, 2021, 15:16
Switching show results to clients off will not show whether something hits or misses. If set to friendly then it will show the result of interactions between PCs. For example it will show healing between characters. The 'result' bit is the hit or miss not the dice roll or the dice modifier. To hide that you'll need to switch off show DM rolls.In the graphic from top to bottom
1: Show results on and DM rolls on
2: Show reuluts as friendly DM rolls on
3: Show results off and DM rolls on
4: Show results off and DM rolls off

spoonhead
May 15th, 2021, 15:18
yes. "results" is the hit/miss and applied damage information

Interesting, as setting it to OFF or Friendly results in no difference to the client side as far as I can see.

spoonhead
May 15th, 2021, 15:19
Switching show results to clients off will not show whether something hits or misses. If set to friendly then it will show the result of interactions between PCs. For example it will show healing between characters. The 'result' bit is the hit or miss not the dice roll or the dice modifier. To hide that you'll need to switch off show DM rolls.In the graphic from top to bottom
1: Show results on and DM rolls on
2: Show reuluts as friendly DM rolls on
3: Show results off and DM rolls on
4: Show results off and DM rolls off

Understood. Not how I expected it to work.