PDA

View Full Version : More DMs

Kunsgnos
July 22nd, 2007, 23:26
I intend on buying FG soon but my friends and I want to play two campains at once swiching biweekly. I was wondering since we would have only one DM at one time online, can we buy one copy of the full version or do we have to buy two.

Sigurd
July 22nd, 2007, 23:38
Every machine that serves a DM needs a full license. In your shoes, for the difference it makes, I'd definately make both machines DM capable with a full license. If you want to alternate dm's you're going to have to sink files between the two machines as well - you don't want a license to add to your woes.

The ability to host is too big a bonus for the slim money you save. Stay flexible - buy full, its easier than passing around a computer or virtual machine . I dont think there is any way to upgrade a light license (from smiteworks perspective it would mean there is a light license out there nobody paid for). The price really is (IMHO) a great deal.

I'm just a user though, YMMV.

Sigurd

Dragonstar
July 23rd, 2007, 19:41
Sigurd's reasoning is the same I had when I bought the full edition.

Griogre
July 23rd, 2007, 22:22
Worth both buying the full just for the lack of hassel. We are talking like 10 bucks or so differance. If you go with just one full I suspect that after the hassel of messing around with the computers and software a couple of times you are going to regret not spending the extra 10.