PDA

View Full Version : Error log playing savage worlds this evening

smokebadger
May 12th, 2021, 23:01
Im not sure who I can send it to but every time my players where using a benny we where getting lua errors

5/12/2021 10:15:41 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "desktop/scripts/widgetfactory_benny.lua"]:48: attempt to index local 'control' (a userdata value)
5/12/2021 9:49:05 PM] Campaign saved.
[5/12/2021 9:51:06 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "desktop/scripts/widgetfactory_benny.lua"]:48: attempt to index local 'control' (a userdata value)
[5/12/2021 9:51:41 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "desktop/scripts/widgetfactory_benny.lua"]:48: attempt to index local 'control' (a userdata value)
[5/12/2021 9:51:41 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "desktop/scripts/widgetfactory_benny.lua"]:48: attempt to index local 'control' (a userdata value)
[5/12/2021 9:53:37 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "desktop/scripts/widgetfactory_benny.lua"]:48: attempt to index local 'control' (a userdata value)
[5/12/2021 9:54:05 PM] Campaign saved.
[5/12/2021 9:55:54 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "desktop/scripts/widgetfactory_benny.lua"]:48: attempt to index local 'control' (a userdata value)
[5/12/2021 9:59:05 PM] Campaign saved.
[5/12/2021 10:02:34 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "desktop/scripts/widgetfactory_benny.lua"]:48: attempt to index local 'control' (a userdata value)
[5/12/2021 10:04:05 PM] Campaign saved.

Moon Wizard
May 12th, 2021, 23:40
We'll need a copy of the campaign where that is occurring, so we can see all the extensions and modules being used. As far as I know, all the instances of that issue were previously corrected.

Are you sure that you don't have any unpacked versions of the Savage Worlds rulesets or extensions in your FG data folder?
To make extra sure, rename the modules, rulesets and extensions folders in the FG data folder; and run a new Check For Updates to make sure you have the latest.

Regards,
JPG

smokebadger
May 12th, 2021, 23:46
I only had swade , all the lankhmar modules available on steam and the module I made for the scenario containging maps np
cs etc , nothing that should touch bennies

smokebadger
May 12th, 2021, 23:58
Ok what data do you need and where can I send it

Moon Wizard
May 13th, 2021, 01:28
Can you just post a zipped up copy of the campaign folder? If too big to attach, just post to DropBox or Google Drive, and provide the link.

Regards,
JPG

smokebadger
May 13th, 2021, 10:05
Can you just post a zipped up copy of the campaign folder? If too big to attach, just post to DropBox or Google Drive, and provide the link.

Regards,
JPG

I will do as soon as I finish work today

amerigoV
May 13th, 2021, 14:10
I still had that bennie issue last night as well. Its inconsistent if I get it. It only happens with players attached, but I have not nailed down the whys and whens. When it does happen, it happens for every player when they drag/drop a bennie on a die to reroll. It triggers when a Joker is dealt in initiative (all players or NPCs get a bennie automatically). It tends to start when I reset bennies for the session. If I get that error, then I know its going to happen all session. I have had it across a couple of campaigns and different players. I am glad to post a campaign as well if that helps.

I looked at the ruleset folder and I have no extra files/folders and the Savage Worlds ruleset has a 4/27/2021 date on it.

Jiminimonka
May 13th, 2021, 16:50
I get this Bennie error all the time as GM and so does Doswelk on his Sprawlrunners SWADE game and others. When I get home I'll send more information and logs.

Moon Wizard
May 13th, 2021, 18:47
If you guys can help me figure out what combination of ruleset/extensions plus steps to recreate; then either Aki or I can take a look at fixing.

Regards,
JPG

smokebadger
May 13th, 2021, 20:52
Here is my campaign zip
https://www.dropbox.com/s/riga1pnb82bmidn/SW%20Lankhmar.zip?dl=0

Jiminimonka
May 13th, 2021, 21:21
Seems like Fast Tests, SW Maker are the 3 extensions we both use. I just tested this connecting to my own table and no error, but I think it only happens with other players connecting to GM, got to test that out.

amerigoV
May 14th, 2021, 13:30
Seems like Fast Tests, SW Maker are the 3 extensions we both use. I just tested this connecting to my own table and no error, but I think it only happens with other players connecting to GM, got to test that out.

I have only encountered the error with players attached. Its not those extensions as I have had this happen without them loaded.

Jiminimonka
May 14th, 2021, 14:11
I have only encountered the error with players attached. Its not those extensions as I have had this happen without them loaded.

Same for me. Only with other players connected. I was showing the extensions used because those are the ones Doswelk and I both have in common. At least we now know its not an extension.

amerigoV
May 14th, 2021, 16:25
Same for me. Only with other players connected. I was showing the extensions used because those are the ones Doswelk and I both have in common. At least we now know its not an extension.

So you are saying we can blame Doswelk? :)

Jiminimonka
May 14th, 2021, 16:30
So you are saying we can blame Doswelk? :)

Never!!

Moon Wizard
May 15th, 2021, 18:10
Ok, I can not get this to happen with my test campaign, or with smokebadger's campaign he shared.

Can someone walk me through the exact steps to recreate this issue in a brand new SW campaign? (Or with smokebadger's campaign?)

Here's the steps I followed:
* On GM client, loaded campaign
* On player client, connected to campaign
* On player client, took control of PC (Gillard in smokebadger campaign)
* On GM client, I added bennies by dragging and dropping from bottom pile onto character portrait in upper left
* On player client, I dragged bennies from PC sheet to chat window.

I also tried playing around with various combinations of spending bennies to soak damage, etc.; but I wasn't able to recreate issue. I admin that I have almost no idea what I am doing with the Savage Worlds ruleset, so please help walk me through exact steps to recreate. I am not the main developer for the ruleset, just trying to help pinpoint the issue.

Thanks,
JPG

amerigoV
May 17th, 2021, 18:26
Ok, I can not get this to happen with my test campaign, or with smokebadger's campaign he shared.

Can someone walk me through the exact steps to recreate this issue in a brand new SW campaign? (Or with smokebadger's campaign?)

Here's the steps I followed:
* On GM client, loaded campaign
* On player client, connected to campaign
* On player client, took control of PC (Gillard in smokebadger campaign)
* On GM client, I added bennies by dragging and dropping from bottom pile onto character portrait in upper left
* On player client, I dragged bennies from PC sheet to chat window.

I also tried playing around with various combinations of spending bennies to soak damage, etc.; but I wasn't able to recreate issue. I admin that I have almost no idea what I am doing with the Savage Worlds ruleset, so please help walk me through exact steps to recreate. I am not the main developer for the ruleset, just trying to help pinpoint the issue.

Thanks,
JPG

I wonder if its due to the Reset Bennies on the Party Sheet. I can play around with it tonight. You might try that (replace the 4th step by going into the Party Sheet and hitting the Reset Bennie).

smokebadger
May 17th, 2021, 20:01
[QUOTE=Moon Wizard;600594]Ok, I can not get this to happen with my test campaign, or with smokebadger's campaign he shared.

The players connected , then when they wanted to reroll dragged a benny to the skill on their character sheet , then the error would appear on my screen.
We dont drag bennies into the chat window usually

Moon Wizard
May 17th, 2021, 21:55
@smokebadger,

Here's the exact steps I followed:

* Added a copy of the "SW Lankhmar" campaign to my FG data folder under campaigns.
* Started FGU, and opened that campaign.
* Started a second instance of FGU, and connected to the first one.
* On player client, closed Setup window.
* On player client, activated Gillard in the Character Selection window
* On GM client, dragged two bennies from bottom of tabletop screen onto Gillard portrait.
* On player client, I double-clicked to roll a Notice check.
* On player client, I dragged benny from top of Gillard character sheet onto Notice skill to trigger a re-roll

Unfortunately, I did not get any errors during those steps. Am I missing any steps?

Also, in your FG data folder (via the button in upper left of launch screen), can you try renaming your modules/rulesets/extensions/vault folders to something else; then run a new Check For Updates to download everything fresh?

Thanks,
JPG

smokebadger
May 17th, 2021, 22:12
I dont think you missed anything MW

smokebadger
May 17th, 2021, 22:40
Ok I went back through the video , and the first error was when I gave a player a GM benny by mistake then I got the error then it happened several times after that , Ill post a few seconds of video to show it.

https://youtu.be/KxyJqo1xPI8

smokebadger
May 17th, 2021, 23:09
Also unable to replicate myself tonight

amerigoV
May 17th, 2021, 23:45
Also unable to replicate myself tonight

I am not getting it either. You call IT, and the problem goes away on its own...

But I have a game later tonight. I'll see if it happens with other players (vs another PC my wifi) triggers.

Moon Wizard
May 18th, 2021, 04:05
Unfortunately, I couldn't see any of the lead up to the error in the video above. Just the actual drop and error message.

@smokebadger, are you able to rename those folders, and re-update?
I'm wondering if there is an old extension left in the extensions folder that is overriding vault content.

Regards,
JPG

amerigoV
May 18th, 2021, 12:26
So I did get it again tonight in a full game. I am really not sure what causes it to trigger. It is clearly other players connected, but I cannot consistently replicate the trigger.

Moon Wizard
May 18th, 2021, 16:38
Yeah, that's the problem. If I could figure out even one set of steps to reproduce and see the issue, it would be pretty straightforward to help Aki resolve.

Regards,
JPG

amerigoV
May 18th, 2021, 16:55
I have another game tonight and will see if it triggers. I will grab the ChatLogs from the them and just see if that gives any clue (it might indicate an order of operations).