PDA

View Full Version : Official W.O.I.N Bug Report Thread

superteddy57
May 11th, 2021, 21:38
Please post bugs related to the ruleset here. Please provide as much detail as possible. This would include steps taken before bug/error appears and images of the console output or issue. Also please ensure you are disabling all extensions and testing again prior to reporting bugs/errors. If this resolves the issue, then it would be best to report the issue in the extension's thread instead.

kessler25
May 12th, 2021, 16:11
Hello all! With all the excitement over an official WOIN thread, I opened up my WOIN. I have theme elements covering the Chat Box (Using Setting: WOIN New). 46536

If I don't load Setting: WOIN NEW there's no obstruction. Thoughts?

superteddy57
May 12th, 2021, 16:20
Hello all! With all the excitement over an official WOIN thread, I opened up my WOIN. I have theme elements covering the Chat Box (Using Setting: WOIN New). 46536

If I don't load Setting: WOIN NEW there's no obstruction. Thoughts?

That's a weird one. Can you move the chat away and towards the center to reveal the whole chat window?

kessler25
May 12th, 2021, 16:37
Oddly enough... yes...46539 But the dice and Difficulty bar are still covered.

superteddy57
May 12th, 2021, 16:53
Ok, thank you. I think I have an idea of what is causing that.

kessler25
May 12th, 2021, 16:59
You guys are the best! Thanks for the help.

ColinBuckler
May 15th, 2021, 14:51
(1) Sidebar should not be "Homelands" but should be "Homeworlds" fixed

(2) Opening any entry in Homeworlds/Homelands generates a script error in the console: fixed

[5/15/2021 2:43:55 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "ref/scripts/career_skills_list.lua"]:23: attempt to index field 'anyskill' (a nil value)

(3) Whilst the Homeworlds entry does open, moving over/clicking on the Homeworlds attribute window generates additional different script errors: fixed

[5/15/2021 2:44:04 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "ref/scripts/career_skills.lua"]:31: attempt to index field 'anyskill' (a nil value)

Can the error be reproduced: Yes - occurs every time

ColinBuckler
May 15th, 2021, 16:48
Popup text incorrect on Character sheet.

Main Tab Defenses
Floating over the recycle option for Health/Current and the Psi Point/Current has the wrong popup text.
Both state "Reset Luck Pool To Default Value" fixed

ColinBuckler
May 15th, 2021, 20:44
Both front/back covers are missing from the reference.

ColinBuckler
May 22nd, 2021, 13:05
Entering new modifiers within the modifiers window enters details over existing buttons - the buttons beneath the text are unclickable.

See attached screen capture. fixed

ColinBuckler
May 22nd, 2021, 13:09
Clicking "Special Attribute" cycles thru options:

Off -> MAG -> CHI -> PSI - Off

This generates errors in the console (see attached)

MadBeardMan
May 31st, 2021, 01:27
Folks,

Just to let you know that I've been doing some of the fixes tonight, I plan to fix 'everything' reported before pushing any update.

Modifier Screen - now shows buttons correctly (issue was CoreRPG has the frame updated and WOIN overrides it)
Options Screen - now shows the Message of the Day button (issue was CoreRPG has the frame and WOIN overrode it)
Fixed Health and Psi Point reset tooltip texts
Fixed the error with Homelands with skills script error
NEW Extension will also show 'Homelands' as 'Homewords' in the Sidebar
Fixed the headings in the CT to follow the fields when re-sizing the width
Changed the Visibility indicator scale in FGU to fit better
No error found when cycling through Special Characteristic, this may have been previously fixed.
Skills. When selecting ANY skill (Race, Homeland, Careers) and then unticking, it wouldn't show any skills dragged in unless you closed/reopened the record sheet, it's fixed in all of those.
Homelands. Now support the 'ANY skill' feature

I couldn't re-create the issue with the chat window appearing behind the hex panels, I think that's down to old version with an updated CoreRPG but not WOIN (somehow)

Back working on this today.

Cheers,
MBM

kessler25
May 31st, 2021, 18:10
I had mentioned the chat window thing and I believe you're correct on that. It was fixed a few weeks ago so no sweat on that one. Good looking out!

MadBeardMan
May 31st, 2021, 18:52
So I'm going to send all of what I've done over the last 2 days now, that leaves the following:

1. NPC attacks should mirror PC attacks, so Damage Type is in a different field, and the Defence type is listed.

That's quite a big job, so I'll start on it, but I don't want to delay the next update as I'll also need to update all the adventures.

Thanks,
MBM

ColinBuckler
June 1st, 2021, 00:05
So I'm going to send all of what I've done over the last 2 days now, that leaves the following:

1. NPC attacks should mirror PC attacks, so Damage Type is in a different field, and the Defence type is listed.

That's quite a big job, so I'll start on it, but I don't want to delay the next update as I'll also need to update all the adventures.

Thanks,
MBM

Looking forward to it - the NPC damage type is a big thing towards basic automation of the attacks.

I am just happy to know that the amendments are being worked upon and I am happy to test in anyway that it helps.

MadBeardMan
June 1st, 2021, 10:51
Looking forward to it - the NPC damage type is a big thing towards basic automation of the attacks.

I am just happy to know that the amendments are being worked upon and I am happy to test in anyway that it helps.

Correct. CoreRPG got updated a good while ago and so I re-wrote the Combat Tracker and the PC actions, just not got around to NPC as they have knock-on effects (ie adventures and peoples campaigns), but it needs doing.

CoreRPG keeps being updated to provide more and more (which is awesome), and any ruleset built on top then requires regular maintenance, sadly I no longer play any WOIN games and so it's low priority. I have asked for someone to take it off 'me' to support it better, a few people have offered but never carried forward, it's a big ask to support a ruleset.

I'd love to play Strontium Dog, not sure it'd ever be allowed to be licensed to FG though.

Cheers,
MBM

ColinBuckler
June 8th, 2021, 20:43
(1) Covers are still missing from WOIN NEW as per: #9 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?68360-Official-W-O-I-N-Bug-Report-Thread&p=600669&viewfull=1#post600669)

(2) Clicking "Special Attribute" still generates an error why cycling thru Off -> MAG -> CHI -> PSI -> Off, though this is a different error. (See image below). I would suggest separate boxes for MAG, CHI, PSI on the character sheets as you could in theory have characters with multiple options. In the starter set I seem to recall some characters having MAG and others having PSI - I could be wrong though.

I have reviewed the errors that I have previously posted and strikedthru the errors that are now fixed.

ColinBuckler
June 8th, 2021, 20:53
Adding in the Xenomorph theme gives a much better / darker feel to the ruleset.

However several warnings and errors are posted to the console - see attached image.

MadBeardMan
June 9th, 2021, 10:16
(1) Covers are still missing from WOIN NEW as per: #9 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?68360-Official-W-O-I-N-Bug-Report-Thread&p=600669&viewfull=1#post600669)

(2) Clicking "Special Attribute" still generates an error why cycling thru Off -> MAG -> CHI -> PSI -> Off, though this is a different error. (See image below). I would suggest separate boxes for MAG, CHI, PSI on the character sheets as you could in theory have characters with multiple options. In the starter set I seem to recall some characters having MAG and others having PSI - I could be wrong though.

I have reviewed the errors that I have previously posted and strikedthru the errors that are now fixed.

Morning,

I've tested it this morning and both Covers Image are there, plus no error when using the Option screen to change the Special Attribute.

Please create a new campaign (without Xeno) just using the NEW Extension and then if there's still the same error then I will need you campaign.

Thanks,
MBM

MadBeardMan
June 9th, 2021, 12:03
Adding in the Xenomorph theme gives a much better / darker feel to the ruleset.

However several warnings and errors are posted to the console - see attached image.

Hi,

Looked at Xeno, it needs some Theme work doing to fit inline with the recent CoreRPG changes.

What I think I'll do is make it a general WOIN NEW Theme (so not just part of the Xeno Pack). I'll get that work done this week.

Cheers,
MBM

ColinBuckler
June 9th, 2021, 19:50
Morning,

I've tested it this morning and both Covers Image are there, plus no error when using the Option screen to change the Special Attribute.

Please create a new campaign (without Xeno) just using the NEW Extension and then if there's still the same error then I will need you campaign.

Thanks,
MBM

Just checked and the error does not occur when only the NEW Module & Extension are loaded. So it is possibly to do with teh hew theme. As previously stated, I woudl create all options in the character sheets - been reading Dark Decade From Dust To Dawn (https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/254825/WOIN-W2-Dark-Decade-From-Dust-To-Dawn) (A Buffy the Vampire Slayer version) and the characters could have both CHI (Vampire Slayer career) and MAG (Sorcerer career) at the same time.

The images are there - though they are not included in the reference as they are represented by "blank space". Clicking the "blank space" opens the image, so they are linked (see attached image). Also the WOIN logo on the Credits tab is also the same.

MadBeardMan
June 10th, 2021, 11:57
Just checked and the error does not occur when only the NEW Module & Extension are loaded. So it is possibly to do with teh hew theme. As previously stated, I woudl create all options in the character sheets - been reading Dark Decade From Dust To Dawn (https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/254825/WOIN-W2-Dark-Decade-From-Dust-To-Dawn) (A Buffy the Vampire Slayer version) and the characters could have both CHI (Vampire Slayer career) and MAG (Sorcerer career) at the same time.

The images are there - though they are not included in the reference as they are represented by "blank space". Clicking the "blank space" opens the image, so they are linked (see attached image). Also the WOIN logo on the Credits tab is also the same.

Odd, I've tested again this morning and the Front/Rear cover are showing (they didn't). I know there are some issues with the FGU updater at the moment, so hopefully it'll get fixed. The credits one is 'wrong' so I'll fix that.

Regarding the need for multiple extra stats, that'll go on the backlog as it requires Character Sheet work, and being honest my time is better spent addressing the Xeno theme at the moment.

Edit; the adventure doesn't actually need any work for you to use it, it says:

The Dark Decade setting uses elements
of both O.L.D. and N.O.W. In particular,
it uses both the MAG and CHI attributes.
In this setting, these are considered
different names for the same attribute.
If you have CHI 6, you also have MAG 6,
and vice versa. Any career which grants
attribute points in one grants attribute
points in the other. You may choose
whether to call your attribute MAGIC or
CHI, depending on your character theme.

Cheers,
MBM

ColinBuckler
August 6th, 2021, 19:18

Thanks,
MBM

Any idea when the above work is likely to be completed?

Just thought I'd ask as its been a couple of months.

MadBeardMan
August 8th, 2021, 12:31
Any idea when the above work is likely to be completed?

Just thought I'd ask as its been a couple of months.

Hi,

My last update should be with FG end of next week. I've re-written the NPC attacks to match the PC attacks. Updated the Xenomorph theme/book to match as well.

Cheers,
MBM

ColinBuckler
August 8th, 2021, 12:37
Hi,

My last update should be with FG end of next week. I've re-written the NPC attacks to match the PC attacks. Updated the Xenomorph theme/book to match as well.

Cheers,
MBM

Yay ... Happy dance .....

Not sure if Trailblazer 9 Heavy is one of yours, that may need a bit of TLC with the NPC's as well.

MadBeardMan
August 8th, 2021, 18:50
Yay ... Happy dance .....

Not sure if Trailblazer 9 Heavy is one of yours, that may need a bit of TLC with the NPC's as well.

Yes it is, as no-one else has been interested in doing anything for WOIN. I'll get that updated as well.

Cheers for pointing it out!

ColinBuckler
August 8th, 2021, 22:48
Yes it is, as no-one else has been interested in doing anything for WOIN. I'll get that updated as well.

Cheers for pointing it out!

NP.

To be honest I would look at doing the odd module or amendment - but I can not see the ruleset code as its locked in the vault. :(

I can code in a variety of languages (vb/php/python/plus a lot of ancient languages ... ) but not really time to look at/or experience/knowledge at managing a full ruleset.

One quick question, I believe significant work has been performed for the OLD/NOW ruleset - any idea if this is likely to ever be released?
May be as a mod/extension to the current WOIN ruleset ?
If so, are there any timelines?

Asking as I dont really want for a campaign which could be redundant with an official release.

suskeyhose
October 30th, 2021, 02:32
Hey, thanks for supporting my favorite system!

I have a couple bugs I've run into in the last few days using it.

The carry capacity does not correctly take into account the carry skill, nor the Brawny exploit from Ogrons.

NPCs from the Death on Ascalon prebuilt adventure currently have invalid attack and range attributes in their actions section.

[ERROR] windowcontrol: Database type mismatch on path (range) in control (range) in class (npc_actions)
[ERROR] windowcontrol: Database type mismatch on path (attack) in control (attack) in class (npc_actions)
I noticed this in at least the proteans, Ice Miners, mutated ice miners, and others.

superteddy57
October 31st, 2021, 19:02
Hey, thanks for supporting my favorite system!

I have a couple bugs I've run into in the last few days using it.

The carry capacity does not correctly take into account the carry skill, nor the Brawny exploit from Ogrons.

NPCs from the Death on Ascalon prebuilt adventure currently have invalid attack and range attributes in their actions section.

I noticed this in at least the proteans, Ice Miners, mutated ice miners, and others.

Thanks for the report. I will add it to my list of things to look over.

superteddy57
November 3rd, 2021, 10:18
I checked the carry capacity code for PCs and doesn't look like it was ever completed and finished. Till I can fully investigate how the total is calculated, you can use CTRL+Mouse wheel to increase the carry capacity by hand. I am also having trouble trying to locate the module you referenced. Do you have a link to this product?

suskeyhose
November 6th, 2021, 01:27
Oh hmm. I see that Death on Ascalon is no longer listed in the store. I remembered purchasing that module from the fantasy grounds store, but perhaps I found it somewhere else.

In the mean time, thanks for looking at the carry capacity. I also noticed that the base ruleset (without the new setting loaded) doesn't allow you to distribute currency to the players. Or rather it attempts to distribute it, but the currency on the sheets is not incremented.

ColinBuckler
November 6th, 2021, 11:28
Oh hmm. I see that Death on Ascalon is no longer listed in the store. I remembered purchasing that module from the fantasy grounds store, but perhaps I found it somewhere else.

I think - but I could be wrong here - it came bundled with the WOIN NEW purchase.

suskeyhose
November 14th, 2021, 17:47
Another bug I found today is that when you have Magic selected as the supernatural attribute, the "Psi" attribute still is the one that shows up in the skills menu, and if you attempt to roll a skill with the Psi attribute it says you have no attribute selected.

superteddy57
November 14th, 2021, 18:24
Another bug I found today is that when you have Magic selected as the supernatural attribute, the "Psi" attribute still is the one that shows up in the skills menu, and if you attempt to roll a skill with the Psi attribute it says you have no attribute selected.

Thank you for the report. I'll add it to my list of thing to investigate.

superteddy57
November 16th, 2021, 01:03

I was able to find the issue and will be part of the next update to LIVE. The ruleset is currently on lockdown till the latest CoreRPG update goes LIVE. So this may take some time to be available.

suskeyhose
November 20th, 2021, 15:59
I was able to find the issue and will be part of the next update to LIVE. The ruleset is currently on lockdown till the latest CoreRPG update goes LIVE. So this may take some time to be available.
Thanks for that! Maybe another fix could be made before that release too then:
Whenever I'm using the system the players are always listed as going against a target number of 7. My clicking the buttons at the bottom of the screen as the GM don't seem to affect the players' rolls, and they've said that the buttons don't affect anything for them either.

superteddy57
November 20th, 2021, 16:46
I tested with the updated version on TEST and it appears the GM can change the number of the TN and the character sheet rolls against it. I do however see the player's side doesn't update the TN number when the GM changes it and the roll defaults to a TN of 7. It looks like the issue is the player's side doesn't update with the changes. So I need some information as I am not fully versed in the system. Would you rather have it set as default to 7 as default and the GM can change it to the desired TN?

suskeyhose
November 20th, 2021, 21:18
I tested with the updated version on TEST and it appears the GM can change the number of the TN and the character sheet rolls against it. I do however see the player's side doesn't update the TN number when the GM changes it and the roll defaults to a TN of 7. It looks like the issue is the player's side doesn't update with the changes. So I need some information as I am not fully versed in the system. Would you rather have it set as default to 7 as default and the GM can change it to the desired TN?

Yeah, I think that makes sense. I don't know what the original intention was for the feature, since I've never actually tried logging into it as a player. My thought would be to allow the GM to specify a target number, and when players roll, it would be against that.

superteddy57
November 20th, 2021, 22:10
The idea from the looks of it was to show the player the TN they would be rolling and the GM to set the number prior to the roll. Once a roll was made it would revert back to a default number. Looks like it wasn't completed or changed recently. I'll work on getting it to work with that suggestion. Thanks for the report and feedback.

superteddy57
November 20th, 2021, 23:34
Found a fix and will be part of the update to TEST. Will not go LIVE till the CoreRPG update.

suskeyhose
November 21st, 2021, 18:49
Today I found out that apparently uncarried items still count towards being over your carry limit, even though they *don't* contribute to the weight carried. Also even though I've been told you can manually edit it by holding SHIFT+scroll wheel, I haven't gotten this to work.

superteddy57
November 21st, 2021, 19:13
If it's on the LIVE server, then the changes I have pushed haven't made it there till CoreRPG is fully updated. If this is on the TEST server, I will double check and see why inventory is still counting the weight.

andywo12
November 23rd, 2021, 23:36
Hi all I am stumped with a bug with woin and would appreciate some help please .

I am running the game and the problem comes when I set the target number for succes.

E.g I set a target number of 13 and when the players make their attribute/ skill roles the system seems to assign the correct target number to 2 of the players and a lower target number of 7 to all the remaining players

superteddy57
November 24th, 2021, 00:58
That is a weird one as it's not universal, but only some. I think it might be due to every player's db.xml doesn't have the node as public. Could gather every player's campaign db.xml and send it to us?

andywo12
November 24th, 2021, 17:21
Thanks for your help.

And please let me say happy Thanksgiving.

Sorry if this is a stupid question where do I find the db.xml ?

Andy

superteddy57
November 24th, 2021, 17:26
No worries, was able to work with a few other volunteers and was able to work through the issue. A fix was pushed to the TEST version and can be played with on there till CoreRPG goes LIVE.

andywo12
November 25th, 2021, 22:24
Would someone be kind enough to let me know how to check the db.xml node please

Andy

superteddy57
November 26th, 2021, 06:38
Well you would go to your launch window for FG and click on the folder icon in the top left. Then from there open the campaigns folder and navigate to the folder with the name of your campaign. The db.xml for that campaign would be located there.

Hope that helps. I am no longer in need of the files anymore as a fix was pushed to TEST.

suskeyhose
January 23rd, 2022, 17:34
Gotta say, thanks so much, the new updates have been good, most of the problems I've been having are fixed. Something I noticed a long time ago but I don't think I mentioned is that if you have the WOIN ruleset but don't activate the NEW extension the Exploits tab has no title.

superteddy57
January 24th, 2022, 01:13
Great to hear things are moving along. Does the Exploits title change with setting?

suskeyhose
January 30th, 2022, 16:53
Great to hear things are moving along. Does the Exploits title change with setting?

No, they're called "Exploits" in all settings.

suskeyhose
May 15th, 2022, 19:53
Thanks for all the work you've done! I've seen some great benefits in my game so far.

I've found another small issue though, in the movement adjustment section of the character sheet, the Misc column specifically for the normal speed, not the climb or swim speeds, doesn't correctly add into the final speed displayed on the character sheet.

superteddy57
May 15th, 2022, 20:13
Thanks for all the work you've done! I've seen some great benefits in my game so far.

I've found another small issue though, in the movement adjustment section of the character sheet, the Misc column specifically for the normal speed, not the climb or swim speeds, doesn't correctly add into the final speed displayed on the character sheet.

Thanks for the report. I'll add it to my list of things to investigate.

suskeyhose
September 4th, 2022, 18:00
Thanks for the new update, it fixes a few things that I'd been missing, I'm quite happy about it overall!

Unfortunately there's one little snag, with the new update I'm currently unable to set item types when creating new items. That section of the item is blank (although the values are clearly still there as old items with categories have the additional statistics included).

suskeyhose
September 4th, 2022, 21:18
It also appears that identified and non-identified names are swapped in the inventory (but not in the item details) for players.

Moon Wizard
September 5th, 2022, 08:46
I just pushed up a fix for the Type/Subtype fields not always displaying in the Test channel; which is scheduled to go Live this week.

For the swapped identification names, which sheet are you looking at where the names are swapped? Character sheet inventory? Something else?

Thanks,
JPG

suskeyhose
September 5th, 2022, 19:11
Awesome, thanks for pushing the fix.

The names were swapped in the character sheet inventory for the players, but not for the GM.