PDA

View Full Version : Console-ation prize

Dachannien
July 22nd, 2007, 08:22
Okay, after you all kill me for my cheesy subject line, I have a question: Is there a way to open the FG debug console window (a) without using the chat window (such as if you have a ruleset with no chat window at all), and/or (b) that opens automatically during the initial ruleset load so that you can debug your global onInit scripts?

I suppose I could just jam a script error of some sort in a script at the beginning, but if there's a more controlled way to handle this, I'd prefer to do it that way ;)

Oh, while I'm at it, is there a way to trigger a /reload without using the chat window, such as through a right-click menu item? That'd be useful as well.

Edit: Using a script error in a script included in the onInit function in a script at the top of base.xml causes the console window to open. You'll all be happy to know that in my current project, "3 = 6". ;)

Foen
July 22nd, 2007, 10:12
You can put the /reload and /console commands in a quickslot. I also have /save in there, so I can /save, /reload, /console in between ruleset changes.

If you don't /save before /reload, you can end up with data issues and crashes.

Stuart
(Foen)