PDA

View Full Version : No access to Core Heritages. Need help plz.

PapaBurgundy75
May 8th, 2021, 22:06
Cant use Core Ancestry Heritages for Character Creation. have no Access to them. Joe Belcher from Tech Support has been trying to help cant figure it out.

Trenloe
May 8th, 2021, 22:16
Welcome to the FG forums.

From your screenshot it looks like you haven't opened the Core Rules module. Have you bought the Core Rules? Have you opened the Core Rules module in the module activation screen?

Once you done that: for character creation, follow the steps in the chargen tracker - if you've closed that, click the "Tracker" button on the main window in the character sheet.

You will be prompted to select your heritage when you add an ancestry to your character. Click the "1) Ancestry" button in the chargen tracker to open the ancestries window and drag/drop the ancestry of your choice to the chargen tracker - this will present an options window for you to select your heritage related to this ancestry. If you close this window, you can open the all heritages window (which you have shown in your screenshot) and can drop/drop a heritage from this window into the chargen tracker. But only do this once you have selected an ancestry and only if you've closed the heritage selection window without selecting a heritage.

PapaBurgundy75
May 8th, 2021, 22:17
All Mods are open

Trenloe
May 8th, 2021, 22:18
If you have the Core Rules module, and you can open it, please open the "REFERENCE MANUAL" from the library, go to the "Credits and Legal" section and take a screenshot of the Module Versioning window and attach that here.

PapaBurgundy75
May 8th, 2021, 22:46

Sorry Tren took me sec had to deal with my Daughter lol.

Trenloe
May 8th, 2021, 22:51

Sorry Tren took me sec had to deal with my Daughter lol.
Thanks for providing that.

That's 3 versions behind.

In your \vault directory, delete PZOSMWPZO2101FG.dat and then do an update. See if that gets you the latest version - you'll see v1.13 in the module versioning window.

PapaBurgundy75
May 8th, 2021, 22:54
Didn't work Tren. no v1.13

Trenloe
May 8th, 2021, 22:55
OK, let's try deleting PZOSMWPZO2101FG.dat again, and don't do an update. Then restart FG - do you still see the Core Rules?

PapaBurgundy75
May 8th, 2021, 22:58
deleted it and didnt run an update, still see it in my game

Trenloe
May 8th, 2021, 23:02
deleted it and didnt run an update, still see it in my game
OK, so let's confirm some things here:

1) Are you the GM? It's you that's loading the campaign? You're not connecting to another GM as a player? I just want to make sure you're the GM so that we're dealing with files local to you.
2) If you're the GM and you've deleted PZOSMWPZO2101FG.dat and you still see the Core Rules, then the only explanation I can thing of is you have a copy of the core rules in your modules directory. Go into your \modules directory and see if there is anything that is named like the PF2 core rules, or the product code PZOSMWPZO2101FG?

PapaBurgundy75
May 8th, 2021, 23:05
I'm the GM.

Trenloe
May 8th, 2021, 23:08
So that's the issue - you have a Pathfinder Second Edition Core Rules module file. And a .ppk file. This was never released in this format officially, so it has been downloaded from somewhere else and is an illegal copy.

PapaBurgundy75
May 8th, 2021, 23:09
I've bought all my PF2 mods...? so should i delete it?

Trenloe
May 8th, 2021, 23:13
I've bought all my PF2 mods...? so should i delete it?
That file you have in the modules directory was never released by SmiteWorks in that format. You've downloaded it from somewhere else. I hope you didn't pay for it - because you've been had if you did.

Yes, delete it - and the .ppk file. Then run an update.

PapaBurgundy75
May 8th, 2021, 23:14
No I've only have paid for Mods on the Site only.

PapaBurgundy75
May 8th, 2021, 23:19
Deleted it ran update still nothing

Trenloe
May 8th, 2021, 23:33
It's late for me now, so I'm signing off and leaving this with SmiteWorks to follow up.

PapaBurgundy75
May 8th, 2021, 23:33
Ok thank you for your time Tren

Moon Wizard
May 9th, 2021, 00:02
As Trenloe has mentioned, we do not distribute those modules in that format; which is what is causing confusion.

I did verify that you have the book linked to your account via Steam. Make sure you do a full Check For Updates from the launch screen, so that the correct files can load.

JPG

PapaBurgundy75
May 9th, 2021, 00:14
Ive done all the steps that Trenloe told me to do have ran numerous updates and the only version i have is v1.10. and i dont use Steam. I even deleted my entire vault and ran a update still nothing.

Moon Wizard
May 9th, 2021, 00:46
What is the size of the file PZOSMWPZO2101FG.dat file in the FG data folder under the vault subfolder?

Regards,
JPG

PapaBurgundy75
May 9th, 2021, 00:49
22.6 mb

ddavison
May 9th, 2021, 01:18
Please rename your modules folder, run an Update and then try again. Content in the modules folder overrides content in the vault. As was stated previously, there is no official Pathfinder 2E Core Rules module that was delivered into the modules folder before, so that copy is not from SmiteWorks and is likely causing you issues.

PapaBurgundy75
May 9th, 2021, 01:30
OMG!!!! it worked! thank you guys so much! cant tell you how happy I am right now, that's why I love Fantasy Grounds. you saved my live stream for Monday.

damned
May 9th, 2021, 06:01
Unfortunately there is numerous pirate content in that screenshot :sad: