PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy grounds tips

Larsenex
May 7th, 2021, 18:04
I love them.

Todays > Avoidance.

type this in the CT under effects and a PC or NPC will take 1/2 on a failed save and nothing on a successful save.

Klandare
May 7th, 2021, 18:16
I was curious. Isn't this just another way of putting in Evasion? Since that does the same thing?

Trenloe
May 7th, 2021, 18:19
Todays > Avoidance.

type this in the CT under effects and a PC or NPC will take 1/2 on a failed save and nothing on a successful save.
Not in PF2 you won't. That's a D&D 5e thing: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996642031/5E+Effects+for+Advanced+Automation#Special-Components

In PF2 it's called Evasion and only applies to reflex saves, and works differently from 5e's avoidance. And that's really more appropriate for NPCs (that's primarily where it's used). Release 18 will use two new effects to handle evasion, juggernaut and resolve; plus other cases that change a save result, and/or damage taken.

Larsenex
May 7th, 2021, 22:01
Great! I thought it sounded redundant from Evasion but figured it was on the weekly specials FG tips and thought > cool!

Trenloe
May 7th, 2021, 22:08
Great! I thought it sounded redundant from Evasion but figured it was on the weekly specials FG tips and thought > cool!
Top be clear - it's not a case of being redundant, "Avoidance" does nothing at all in the PF2 ruleset.

kaernunnos
May 8th, 2021, 06:27
They really should have mentioned it was a 5e tip on that tweet, but whoever does the tweets seems laser focused on 5e.

Farnaby
May 8th, 2021, 06:47
They really should have mentioned it was a 5e tip on that tweet, but whoever does the tweets seems laser focused on 5e.

+1 to this!

stephan_
May 8th, 2021, 11:10
I usually review Useful shortcuts and tips to use in Fantasy Grounds (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?45418) every six months as I tend to forget about half of them...

Some of them also work in Unity.

kaernunnos
May 8th, 2021, 11:58
I usually review Useful shortcuts and tips to use in Fantasy Grounds (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?45418) every six months as I tend to forget about half of them...

Some of them also work in Unity.

Ooh nice list. Couple of these are new to me, I wonder if the shift to mark AoO works in PF2.

Trenloe
May 8th, 2021, 15:50
I wonder if the shift to mark AoO works in PF2.
I removed it. The other ruleset only tag the attack description in chat with [OPPORTUNITY] there's nothing else done with it, and it can't be used in IF/IFT conditional effects - so there's really not much gained by it. I think it was originally added when many more people played via the text input and could differentiate that an attack was an attack of opportunity in text - without having to type anything extra. But I don't see the need for this in the PF2 ruleset. An attack is an attack, if it's an attack of opportunity it comes from the ability/feat and usually uses the actor's reaction.

Moon Wizard
May 8th, 2021, 17:11
In 5E, "opportunity" can be specified as a modifier for certain effects, such as ATK, AC, etc.

Regards,
JPG

Kelrugem
May 9th, 2021, 23:07
In 5E, "opportunity" can be specified as a modifier for certain effects, such as ATK, AC, etc.

Regards,
JPG

Yes, in 3.5e/PF1, too, so, that shift thingy is also not only informational there :)

Trenloe
May 10th, 2021, 08:55
It didn't in my original tests a while back, but it does now. Thanks for the correction.

However, it still won't work in PF2, that code's been removed. Attacks of opportunity are pretty rare in PF2, and in the Core Rules and APG there are no abilities/feats that modify attack or AC based on an attack of opportunity. Based off this, IMO there's no need for SHIFT+Attack = Opportunity attack like there is in 3.5E, 5E and PF1.