PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night Fights (Savage Worlds) (Serial Adventures) Friday Evening USA EST

Mgrancey
May 4th, 2021, 12:25
Current Setting Deadlands Weird West: Blood Drive. Newbies to FG or Savage Worlds are welcome. Starting with Blood Drive, archetypes will be available but if everyone or most everyone is a newbie we can go through character creation first, experienced people can make character in savaged.us and

This twisted tale takes a posse of hard-riding drovers and their Texas Longhorns from the rolling hills of Texas through swollen streams in Colorado, the mountain passes of New Mexico, the haunted prairies of Wyoming, and more! The weirdness escalates along the way, slowly exposing our heroes to the true horrors of the Weird West. So saddle up, partners, and join us on a Blood Drive!

Setting Rules:
DL:WW Standard
Damage Cap
Unarmored Hero
Expanded Raises Framework
No Vet's of Weird West
Bennie Write-up Rule: If a player writes up a summary of last session they will get a benny next session they play. (Generally, first come first serve. But exceptional ones may still get an extra.)

Campaign Type: Serial (No mandatory attendance, Guest Stars allowed!)
Campaign Length: A couple of sessions
Game Frequency: Bi-Weekly
Session Length: 3-4 hours
Primary Language: English
Camera Needed: No considering streaming though
Audio: Yes Discord

Player Experience Level: Beginner to Experienced
GM Experience Level: High
GM Fantasy Grounds Knowledge: Medium-High
Roleplaying Level: Medium
Combat Level: Medium
Puzzle Level: Medium
Mature Content (18+): Violence and Language yes, X-rated no.

OTHER GAME DETAILS
Starting Level: Novice (0 advances)
Character Restrictions: No blatantly evil, unable to work with party

Calendar: Friday Night Fights (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=6039)

brooksjmark
May 4th, 2021, 19:00
Sounds great! I haven't had the chance to play Deadlands before. I do have some experience playing using FG. Will we be using FGC or FGU?

Mgrancey
May 4th, 2021, 19:20
FGU though I have ultimate license so good either way.

Also please make sure to sign up on Calendar

brooksjmark
May 5th, 2021, 19:19
FGU though I have ultimate license so good either way.

Also please make sure to sign up on Calendar

Yup, I have FGU and FGC clients both, and I'm EST. I've signed up using the calendar.

Dirk Starr
May 10th, 2021, 00:43
Does the calendar adjust the time to my TZ or is it starting at 4pm EST?

EDIT: NM, figured it out. Applied

james10872
May 12th, 2021, 19:45
Have both FGC and FGU (both Ultimate) and a good amount of experience with the program. Very little experience with Savage Worlds, but ready to learn! Applied to be a player.

Thanks

Pcuser
May 17th, 2021, 17:40
Available

Mgrancey
May 18th, 2021, 17:05
Please sign up on calendar, and vote yes. Until I have a regular group will be depending on calendar.

Pcuser
May 18th, 2021, 18:28
@ Discord: Mgrancey#4994- Done shall i email the char XML or just show up at game time propose archetype = agent W/O any advances.

Mgrancey
May 18th, 2021, 21:49
I have all Archetypes for Deadlands, including the 3rd group. They will need downgraded back to starting level but the advances are listed in Notes for 3rd group

Pcuser
May 18th, 2021, 22:38
BTW i have taken the most recent updates to FGU V4.1.1 2021-05-15

Pcuser
May 19th, 2021, 00:44
Sorry I ended up with a conflict this Friday daughter has a soccer game try again next time

Mgrancey
May 19th, 2021, 03:39
Not a problem, this is meant to be more open on attendance than usual campaigns. I am planning to focus on shorter ones or series of one shots and such. Any new or missing characters will simply be busy elsewhere for a session.

james10872
May 20th, 2021, 21:22
Is there a Discord to join? JamesDWG#1370

Made a character via HeroLab. can use him or make something new depending on what we are doing tomorrow.

Pcuser
May 21st, 2021, 00:04
we had the same idea and time I.E. DLWW onesheets/shota on Friday nights
i set my to start Jun https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=6056
I will pull it and add my name back to play in yours just not this week or come later in the sessoin
I will build something else that will not compete

Mgrancey
May 21st, 2021, 03:05
Currently just planning to use a VOIP channel in the FG Discord,

brooksjmark
May 21st, 2021, 19:21
Currently just planning to use a VOIP channel in the FG Discord,

Sounds good. See you guys later on!

james10872
May 21st, 2021, 23:12
Did I get the time wrong? I thought we were starting about 10 minutes ago.

Mgrancey
May 21st, 2021, 23:48
Might have been screwed up by Daylight Savings time, server is up. Password on calendar page. Need to finish dishes real quick and will be on.

Server up, Look for Friday Night Fights Mgrancey

james10872
May 22nd, 2021, 23:28
Had a blast playing last night. System is fun, players were fun and GMing was excellent.

jackhemlock
May 24th, 2021, 00:31
did we set up a discoard for the game ?

kronovan
May 27th, 2021, 19:30
I haven't played in a DL adventure in ages and the last time I pleyed iit was the Deadlands Reloaded edition. Anyhow, I'd like to play and I did put myself on the calendar, Being experienced with SW I'd like to build my own PC.

..experienced people can make character in savaged.us and ...
I'm not sure how I'd build a DL Weird West PC with that tool, as savaged.us only seems to allow for the creation of a PC with core SWADE options? I can see where that would work for the most part for DL:RL, but from what I see in the DL:WW test drive, the player options have changed quite a bit - I definitely don't recall an AB (Blessed) or AB (Hukster) in RL.
Does DL:WW support AB (Weird Science) and if so, is it close to that AB in core SWADE?
As well, does one of the savaged.us export options support importing into FGU?

Although I have SWD and SWADE for my FGU Ultimate license, I wasn't planning on buying the DL:WW DLC, or the PDF for that matter. Anyways, even without DL:WW, it seems I'd be better off just building a PC in an empty SWADE campaign, since I could then export it. Unless I missed something on that savaged.us site and there's indeed some way to enable DL:WW content/options for it?

Mgrancey
May 28th, 2021, 03:11
Oops, yeah they apparently don't have any DL stuff there. Important things to remember is that Guts is no longer a skill, they did make a skill called "Trade." Dueling is a little different. The big thing to remember is that the campaign is based around a Cattle Drive so you should make a character that can fit in. General rule of thumb I am going with this campaign is that you are part of the misc. cowhands going along. So if you play, you character is there; if you miss or drop, your character is an NPC cowhand doing other stuff.

Will try again see if anyone takes its.
Bennie Write-up Rule: If a player writes up a summary of last session they will get a benny next session they play. (Generally, first come first serve. But exceptional ones may still get an extra.)

kronovan
May 28th, 2021, 18:09
Oops, yeah they apparently don't have any DL stuff there. Important things to remember is that Guts is no longer a skill, they did make a skill called "Trade." Dueling is a little different. The big thing to remember is that the campaign is based around a Cattle Drive so you should make a character that can fit in. General rule of thumb I am going with this campaign is that you are part of the misc. cowhands going along. So if you play, you character is there; if you miss or drop, your character is an NPC cowhand doing other stuff.

OK, good to know and thanks for getting back to me. I think I'm going to just build a suitable PC in an empty SWADE campaign. If you could find the time to confirm that these novice edges are, or are no longer present in DL:WW, it'd be much appreciated;

COMBAT
Hip-Shooting
Martial Arts
Rebel Yell
Speed Load

SOCIAL
Card Sharp
True Grit

PROFESSIONAL
Scout
Snakeoil Salesman
Soldier
Tale Teller
Wilderness Man

the Weird Edge Knack

Knowing that, I can then just create the edges I want to use for my PC in my FG campaign. You already mentioned Duelist is different, so I'll try to build without it. Knowing that a drover PC is what's required, I'm not really planning on an AB PC.

[Edit] I'm not worried about difference in Hindrances, because SWADE added so many new, quality ones that I can't see finding something appropriate being a problem. And I'm assuming a Riding less than d6 is a bad idea - that a correct assumption?

kronovan
May 29th, 2021, 18:53
Hey Mgrancey,

Nevermind about confirming all those edges. I've built a PC, zipped it up and can get it to you if I know where to send to. As long as the Snakeoil Salesman edge is still there and hasn't changed much, my PC should be doable. And even if that edge isn't, it would only be a small adjustment to make my PC work.

Mgrancey
June 4th, 2021, 04:35
Snakeoil Salesman wasn't included but would probably be covered by "Charismatic." Tests themselves have been loosened up and will depend on what you do to perform that test. Trying to confuse or distract them would generally be resisted by Smarts, Initimidation would be Spirit generally. I have the Fast Tests extension but havent tried Perusasion to see what its automation does.

They did away with a lot of flat bonuses and instead offered free rerolls on Skills and such.

SWADE (pg 108) has Taunt as an example used and suggests it should be resisted by Smarts.

Mgrancey
June 4th, 2021, 22:14
Home and working on dinner. Should be starting on time roughly speaking

Mgrancey
June 4th, 2021, 23:52
Server is up but away from PC

brooksjmark
June 18th, 2021, 03:04
Are we game on for tomorrow night?

Mgrancey
June 18th, 2021, 03:16
nope, previously planned stuff. next time will be 2 weeks

brooksjmark
June 18th, 2021, 23:14
nope, previously planned stuff. next time will be 2 weeks

See you in 2 weeks then.

Mgrancey
June 28th, 2021, 15:22
Game on for Friday, for all those who get this. I forgot to have you do nightmare/worst fear

Mgrancey
July 14th, 2021, 14:23
Bump.

Got a lot of possibles but few votes for Friday. Sending a PM to everybody on calendar, but if interested starting Chapter 2 of Blood Drive if we have enough people.

Mgrancey
July 29th, 2021, 00:58
Bump. Hope to have enough people (Min 3 would like at least 4) for Friday night. Will be starting Chapter 2 "Head 'Em Up",

Mgrancey
August 12th, 2021, 12:58
Bump, hopefully playing tomorrow night