PDA

View Full Version : Sharing Stories

Maxxx26
July 19th, 2007, 16:56
Hi everyone, I am pretty new to FG and we just started our first campaign with it. Most of the stuff, like sharing images and using the combat tracker is no problem, but I wanted to ask what needs to be done to share a story entry by the DM and make it such that everyone can edit it, functioning as a quest-log or similar thing for all players where they can all write down what they want. Thanks for any response, I probably have more questions in the future as I am just beginning to learn this programm.

Griogre
July 19th, 2007, 21:07
You found a weakness in FG. There is no way to do exactly what you want. While the GM can share a story book entry it can not be edited or cut and pasted by players. And while a player can share a note, I believe he can only make one person have the right to edit it.

Probably the best work around without changing the ruleset is to have a good typing player make notes and share them.

Maxxx26
July 21st, 2007, 10:26
Thanks for the reply, I think that would work too. As an additional question, is there a way to share NPCs, such that I can give my players the stats for there ships crew, who they control in combat?

joshuha
July 21st, 2007, 14:43
Its actually possible to share both stories and NPCs by adding the <sharable /> XML tag to the windowclass.

Maxxx26
July 21st, 2007, 18:18
As far as I understand, that would mean changing the ruleset or can it be done without touching it?

joshuha
July 21st, 2007, 19:49
Correct you would have to change the ruleset but in this case its just copying the default d20 ruleset, renaming the folder, and changing 2 files.

Maxxx26
July 21st, 2007, 23:11
Ok tried it and it works with the NPCs, but how do you make it such that a story can be shared and also edited by players?