PDA

View Full Version : New Store Cart window - annoying

Tuleen Donai
May 1st, 2021, 16:58
Hey guys,

Now it may have been a bit since I've bought anything, but I was perusing the store and something caught my eye and I added it to my cart. As soon as I did this ANNOYING cart window came up and took up HALF of my Browser window! I tried to get rid of it, looked for an X, hit <ESC>, but nothing. The only apparent way to get rid of that Cart Window, is to REMOVE everything from the cart!!

Not making for a good shopping experience.

esmdev
May 1st, 2021, 17:26
Hey guys,

Now it may have been a bit since I've bought anything, but I was perusing the store and something caught my eye and I added it to my cart. As soon as I did this ANNOYING cart window came up and took up HALF of my Browser window! I tried to get rid of it, looked for an X, hit <ESC>, but nothing. The only apparent way to get rid of that Cart Window, is to REMOVE everything from the cart!!

Not making for a good shopping experience.

I think it would be better as a side cart as opposed to a bottom cart.

ddavison
May 1st, 2021, 17:48
It should take up only 20% of the vertical space. Can you upload a pic of what it looks like for you and what your browser and resolution settings are?

Zacchaeus
May 1st, 2021, 18:47
Indeed. It only takes up a fraction of the bottom of the screen.

Tuleen Donai
May 2nd, 2021, 00:42
You guys are joking, right? 20%? With the Banner up top you can see only 2 items in a list of like 15.

I have a laptop with a 1080P screen. I’m sure you can try this yourself and see the issue.

Zaccheus, that is not what my screen looks like.

And, I really shouldn’t have to go Full Screen with my browser just to shop. (start bar too??)

Laerun
May 2nd, 2021, 01:10
You guys are joking, right? 20%? With the Banner up top you can see only 2 items in a list of like 15.

I have a laptop with a 1080P screen. I’m sure you can try this yourself and see the issue.

And, I really shouldn’t have to go Full Screen with my browser just to shop. (start bar too??)

I am using Google Chrome. The picture attached above is zoomed at 100% (normal view). I have a 21" 1080 Monitor. How big is your laptop screen 15", 17" inches? Is there any chance that you might have your browser zoomed in over 100% to see what is on your screen? I have trouble with my screen at times, even at 21". If one does not have enough viewable space, this can be troublesome. I also have to wear prescription glasses at times to see what is on my screen if I zoom the browser settings out too far for dealing with crowded webpages. I would like a sidebar too maybe, but in this case, it could be that you might have your browser zoomed in too far, and THAT will consume your viewable space, especially on a laptop screen.
The bottom graphic is my browser at 150%, even at 125% the browser's viewable space cuts off the store items in the cart until I zoom back to 100%.

And finally, at 75% , we can reveal even more real estate with a 21" monitor. There is a trade off between your own vision, your viewable space,and the zoom in and out of your current browser. The real culprit lies in between those three factors. We all have different equipment and visual capabilities, so this issue could be uncommon.

Tuleen Donai
May 2nd, 2021, 01:15
46260 Is there any chance that you might have your browser zoomed in over 100% to see what is on your screen? I also have to wear prescription glasses at times to see what is on my screen if I zoom the browser settings out too far for dealing with crowded webpages. 46261

Huh. I hadn’t even thought of that. I wear decently strong readers too. That could have an effect.

Laerun
May 2nd, 2021, 01:20
Indeed. I have that issue too. One reason I do not use laptops is visibility vs mobility. I'd have to get better glasses, open my eyes more, and play with all three of these factors for me. It sucks getting old, and also having the annoying scaling graphics issues with computers, browsers, graphics, etc.
I hope this helps.

Laerun

Laerun
May 2nd, 2021, 01:39
Indeed. I have that issue too. One reason I do not use laptops is visibility vs mobility. I either have to get better glasses, open my eyes more, and play with all three of these factors for me. It sucks getting old, and also having the annoying scaling graphics issues with computers, browsers, graphics, etc.
I hope this helps.

Laerun

ddavison
May 2nd, 2021, 02:17
Yeah, although things look differently on our screens, I understand that your screen may look different and be completely unacceptable. That is why I asked if you could share a screenshot and what settings you have that might be different than a default setup. I’m not sure if it will be possible to account for that in the CSS for the page, but it might be something we can adjust for.

Jiminimonka
May 2nd, 2021, 12:47

Take a screenshot and demonstrate.

Mytherus
May 2nd, 2021, 13:31
I noticed that too. On my laptop which has a 15" display i dont even shop on fgs store since that cart its too annoying. I use to shop a lot on the laptop.

I shop on my desktop still but i have a 35" wide screen on that.

In general its not huge to me but i rather not have ANY cart window "permanently " on the screen. The tried and true clicking the cart icon to see whats in it was always fine by me.

Bonkon
May 2nd, 2021, 18:11
In general its not huge to me but i rather not have ANY cart window "permanently " on the screen. The tried and true clicking the cart icon to see whats in it was always fine by me.

Good Day All :)
I am in 100% agreement with the cart disappearing and popping up when I need it. :)

Moon Wizard
May 3rd, 2021, 07:05
Thanks to everyone that is providing feedback; but I think the issue we're having is that we need to "see" the issue with the smaller screens. Can someone who is having the issue please post a screen shot?

Thanks,
JPG

Tuleen Donai
May 3rd, 2021, 15:41
Well, at least for me, it must've been the "zoom" thing, because my laptop rebooted last night, and this morning it doesn't seem nearly as annoying.

ddavison
May 3rd, 2021, 16:38
Thanks Tuleen.

If you do see it again, please send us a screenshot and we can try to reproduce it and correct it on our end (if possible).