PDA

View Full Version : Conviction Effect

EmptyOwl
April 30th, 2021, 23:52
Hiyas,

So I was trying to make an effect that would mimic the use of Conviction (i.e., adding +1d6 to EVERY roll by a player during a given turn, which can ace). Seems like the SW effects are already close, in that I can increase a die type or add a modifier to all traits or just a given few, but something like [Trait +1d6] would be super convenient.

Is this already doable, am I missing something or is this functionality even possible?

Thanks!

Mike Serfass
May 1st, 2021, 04:44
+dx is not an effect. I'd love to see it added too. I have a few uses for that.

TomtheBu
May 1st, 2021, 08:10
Good morning,

The effect you are looking for is [Extra:Trait =2d]. Itīs partly used for the Deadlands Harrowed Ability to "letting the devil out". If you want an additional d6 added to damage as well, the effect must be [Extra:Trait|Extra:Damage =2d]

EmptyOwl
May 1st, 2021, 15:34
Good morning,

The effect you are looking for is [Extra:Trait =2d]. Itīs partly used for the Deadlands Harrowed Ability to "letting the devil out". If you want an additional d6 added to damage as well, the effect must be [Extra:Trait|Extra:Damage =2d]

Excellent! thanks so much! Seems like this isn't on the wiki though, but appreciate you passing the knowledge on!

amerigoV
May 1st, 2021, 15:35
Good morning,

Whomever owns the wiki should get that in there.

EmptyOwl
May 1st, 2021, 15:43
Now I wonder do Convictoin and Letting the Devil out stack? Seems a bit crazxy....

....and the answer is: at least not in FGU (which is saner)

Mike Serfass
May 1st, 2021, 19:04
Thanks for posting that TomtheBu!

Extra: is limited, but I figured out I can do the following:

[Extra:Notice =2d] to affect just Notice (or Strength, Stealth, any other specific trait).
[>Extra:Damage =1d] on a specific weapon to add that damage to the weapon

This fills a gap I had for setting specific spells and items in my game.