PDA

View Full Version : Add /vsync and /imagequality to Chat SLASH COMMANDS print out

kevininrussia
April 30th, 2021, 21:06
Is there plans to add /vsync and /imagequality to the /? in chat window?

Ludd_G
April 30th, 2021, 21:14
Or even an entry in Options? My players hate having to do slash commands to sort stuff out, and so I'm never sure if they've successfully done it.

kevininrussia
April 30th, 2021, 21:32
How about something like this for Host:

/imagequality [0-3] [character name]

Options is always good, but I even have issues getting them to use that ;-)

Ludd_G
April 30th, 2021, 21:34
That would work for me, and make my players very happy (especially if it helps me squeeze better performance out of their laptops!)

And a similar function for Vsync too would be ideal.

Sterno
April 30th, 2021, 23:18
I do not like the idea of the host having control over the imagequality or vsync options for their players.

Ludd_G
April 30th, 2021, 23:26
You wouldn't have to use it, but for my players it wouldn't be a problem. I'd still prefer a proper set of options in the Options menu though, which my players are much more comfortable using than slash commands.

Cheers,

Simon

Ulric
May 1st, 2021, 03:42
For now I am putting the commands in the Hotkey Bar. One click and they are activated.

EllivasKram
May 1st, 2021, 06:56
I thought VSYNC is remembered by clients and host at a campaign level. ? Is this not true.

Moon Wizard
May 2nd, 2021, 05:03
/vsync and /imagequality are per-user settings, and controlled completely by each user independently. Given that these are graphics quality settings, that is expected and desired.

Since these settings are not needed to be used often, and have been used more to deal with problematic scenarios that we're working through when beta testing; there hasn't been a strong need to create interfaces for these settings.

We haven't finalized on where these settings may end up; or whether they are modifiable in the Settings, via an onscreen console, or somewhere else. For now, the quickest and easiest way for us to add ruleset-agnostic settings is to use the chat command format.

Regards,
JPG

Ulric
May 2nd, 2021, 18:35
I thought VSYNC is remembered by clients and host at a campaign level. ? Is this not true.
In my testing the if settings for /vsync and /imagequality are changed from the default then these changes are not remembered. That's why I made a hotkey bar shortcut.

kevininrussia
May 12th, 2021, 22:24
I am still not clear why we cant have the /vsync and /imagequality reference in the chat help command "/?"

It will be helpful for remembering the command when the need arises like how /scaleui [50-200] is there.

Neovirtus
May 12th, 2021, 22:58
I don't think Moon Wizards content says "we can't have" it in the chat help command.

Not sure if this is accurate or not, but my impression had been that those chat commands were put in for testing, and whether they will stay in the game or not when lighting goes to live is not decided. Granted I don't know why/where I got that impression, Moon Wizard didn't really say that here.

kevininrussia
May 12th, 2021, 23:19
I don't think Moon Wizards content says "we can't have" .

Bad choice of words on my part.

My point is that it will be handy to have on the Test server version. If there is another method on the Live server so be it but I think /vsync is on Live now.

Valyar
May 15th, 2021, 15:32
What /imagequality is doing???

Moon Wizard
May 15th, 2021, 16:25
It reduces the resolution of the FoW/LoS in the background. By default, it is set to /imagequality 2, which is 50%.

There is no need to mess with these settings, unless you have a performance issue and have been asked by support to change.

Regards,
JPG

kevininrussia
May 15th, 2021, 20:32
Thanks for the info on default being /imagequality 2. I think that is a good setting for most systems and looks very good.