PDA

View Full Version : Beginning with Shadowrun. Assistance needed!

stephan
July 18th, 2007, 21:15
Hi everybody and greetigs from Germany.
I came across FG1.5 through an old friend with whom i played a lot p&p rps saome years ago. Because of familiy related things he had to move away 4 years ago. So a couple of months ago he contacted me with the idea of playing togehter again using teamspeak and FG1. He mastered d20 settings, so it was no problem. Since I used to master Shadowrun in the past he asked me to start a campain. Since I have really not much time, and beeing someone who is happy to find the power button on my computer, I wonder if someone can help me out modifying my FG1.5 to run a Shadowrun Campaign 3 or 4th edition.
TIA
Stephan

joshuha
July 18th, 2007, 21:25
Well using FG 1.05 is going to be difficult to do Shadowrun for one big reason, dice pools. FG 1.05 doesn't support much in the way of dice scripts.

FG 2.0 this would be cake and if you are using the new version of Shadowun you could even report number of successes easy (as the TN is constant and the dice pool fluctuates which is "sorta" the opposite of 3rd).

mr_h
July 19th, 2007, 01:14
In this thread (https://fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6645&page=2&highlight=Shadowrun) sloejack states that he was working on a shadowrun 4 ruleset, but it's on hold. Dunno his progress on it.

Toadwart
July 20th, 2007, 04:41
Theres always the option of using FG just for chat, images and dice rolling in the meantime...
A ruleset isn't essential, just helpful.