PDA

View Full Version : Need Treasure Table Advice

Xorn
April 28th, 2021, 18:20
I'm making a library module for the D&D Rules Cyclopedia, and I just got to Chapter 16: Treasure. I've made tables that roll on other tables, pretty easy--but the old BECMI tables have an annoying additional step. Here's the starting treasure table:

https://puu.sh/HCeZr/c55d62cb95.png

So say I want to generate Treasure Type A; there's a 25% chance of 1d6 cp, 30% chance of 1d6 sp, etc, all the way to a 30% chance of 3 magic items. Now I can already see that to automate this I'll need to create a table for A B C D... all the way to V (22 tables). But my question here--is it possible to make a *chance* that it rolls on the table in each column? Something like [50%][6d6x][Subtable: Gems]? I could have *one* d100 roll be applied across all 9 columns, but you're supposed to roll individually for each column, and I don't know if that functionality exists (even as an extension).

Because if I can't, then that means I'm going to need to make 9 subtables for every single treasure type, each of which would be "Treasure Type A CP" 1-25 [1d6] cp, 26-100 Nil. That's 22 x 9 = 198 tables! Well not that many as I don't need a subtable for the Nil results, but it's still a LOT of subtables to determine if I roll on another subtable...

Please tell me some kind of "% chance to roll this subtable" markup...

LordEntrails
April 28th, 2021, 18:54
Just released in the Story Template Pro into Core RPG. This might have some capabilities to help. See capabilities here; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?63527-Story-Template-PRO-(Extension-for-Unity)

But I would start with a table for each treasure type. Not sure where to go from there :(

Zacchaeus
April 28th, 2021, 21:39
Unfortunately there isn't a way to do the percentages other than creating a table which works out the percentage for you.

Xorn
April 29th, 2021, 00:00
Unfortunately there isn't a way to do the percentages other than creating a table which works out the percentage for you.

I was afraid of that. Okay. Well I'm making and populating all the sub-tables (and making magic items) first, so I'll put together all those tables to make it generate full parcels later...