PDA

View Full Version : Unshare PCs and NPCs

Poe the Homunculus
April 28th, 2021, 00:10
Hi, I am 100% sure this has been asked before or on a wiki and I cannot find it.
I shared an NPC with a player as their normal character was on a different quest than the rest of the party. Second time was a player missed a session and I shared a PC with another player.
Afterward he should be playing his own character. Yet they still have access to control the NPC and PC, so how do I "unshare" control of an NPC or PC?

Thank you very much!

LordEntrails
April 28th, 2021, 00:15
PC you Clean or clear ownership in the Character Selection window via right mouse.

NPCs you unshare on the NPC list. It will have a P or S next to the shared items and you can unshare it via right click.

wndrngdru
April 28th, 2021, 00:16
For PCs, on the character screen right-click and select Clear Owner. That will make it available to be chosen by the original owner again.
For NPCs, bring up the NPC in the NPC library. There should be a round icon next to the record (P or S). Just click that to clear it and it should unshare the record.

Poe the Homunculus
April 28th, 2021, 00:43
well, the NPC does not have a P or S next to it. I only dropped it onto the Player's top-left icon, like I was sharing an image only with that one player.

wndrngdru
April 28th, 2021, 01:30
well, the NPC does not have a P or S next to it. I only dropped it onto the Player's top-left icon, like I was sharing an image only with that one player.

The 5E ruleset (I'm assuming this as you did not specify) has a button down amongst the filter and search fields of the NPC library screen that normally says "ALL". You can click that to change it to "SHARED" to show only the records you have shared or made public.
If the NPC isn't listed there then it isn't shared. If the PC still has access to it then you'll need to start examining any extensions you may have loaded. They may have their own sharing mechanisms separate from the core FG capabilities.

Poe the Homunculus
April 28th, 2021, 01:46
Erk, I see. Well, to the extension I go. I do have the Critically Awesome installed