PDA

View Full Version : Moving tokens thru walls (V4.1)

ZoranDob
April 24th, 2021, 02:31
As a GM, once I place a CT token on a map, I can no longer move it through walls etc. It is blocked just as if I was a player. In earlier versions I could move a token anywhere on the map. Is there a way to still do this? Maybe I have a setting on I shouldn't.

Thanks.

Sulimo
April 24th, 2021, 03:01
See here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?66972-FG-Unity-Beta-Release-v4-1&p=586138&viewfull=1#post586138).

GM image token behavior changed to allow line-of-sight to block token movement to mirror player behavior. Use the Shift key to override movement limits, and disable vision/lighting updates.

LordEntrails
April 24th, 2021, 03:11
MOD: moved to Laboratory. Please keep Test channel discussions in the Laboratory.

Sterno
April 24th, 2021, 16:28
Hopefully there's a nice big message letting everyone know about this change when it goes to live, because I've seen post after post of people confused about why they can't move their tokens how they used to anymore, and having no idea that holding shift will give them the old behavior.

I do like this change but it's going to take some getting used to, and a line buried in the patch notes about the change isn't going to be seen by most people.

LordEntrails
April 24th, 2021, 17:32
Hopefully there's a nice big message letting everyone know about this change when it goes to live, because I've seen post after post of people confused about why they can't move their tokens how they used to anymore, and having no idea that holding shift will give them the old behavior.<br>
<br>
I do like this change but it's going to take some getting used to, and a line buried in the patch notes about the change isn't going to be seen by most people.<br>
The devs have said that with updates now there will be a very in your face type of notice. That said, I still suspect 8 out of 10 people will ignore it and not know.