PDA

View Full Version : English DnD 3.5 game (GMT +1 hour) - The rallying call of Rockfell.

DMlaus
July 15th, 2007, 19:18
Hello, I'm Laus and i'm DMing a game of DnD v. 3.5

First off, I've decided to allow most any class from any book. This comes on the condition that any classes other than the ones found in the PHB one/two have to be cleared by me first.

----------

Background/Intro-

The lands of the Kingdom of Morain are not safe. They never have been.

Since the land is so vast, and technology has not yet yeilded anything faster than a horse-drawn cart, all the centres of population have to assume that they will more than likely come under attack from any of the wandering beastmen tribes, bandits, scavenging animals, etc., and that they will be alone when it comes.

Becuase of this, all the towns in this land are fortified, each town needing to be a bastion in it's own right, held together by a number of well patroled and secure roads.

One such town is Rockfell, small in comparison to most, which stands at one of the narrow valleys that give way into frozen tundra of the northlands.

The northlands themselves are completly untamable, a host of valleys, mountains, biting cold and roaming tribes. Some brave souls brave the jagged peaks for their extensive mineral wealth, but their careers are usually short, and brutal.

However, while raids from the marauding tribes are by no means uncommon, recently they have mutiplied in ferocity and frequency to a shocking degree.
Requests for aid from the central government have fallen on deaf ears, as political scandal through the King's court, paralysing any relief effort.

Desperate, the town has promised all it's coffers can hold to someone, anyone, who can aid them where their king cannot.

Sure enough, lured by promises of wealth, glory, and a host of other reasons, adventurers and sell-swords begin to arrive on the supply trains...

----------

Starting at level one, and depending on how many people want to play, i will be using a pregenerated set of ability scores (just to be sure no-one is cheating)

Anyway, with the information given here, and i will of course answer any questions you have, i am looking for players who want to join in this campaign.

I'm looking for people in the same general timezone (GMT +1) to play one Fridays (and/or saturdays), Tuesdays and Thursdays, at Half past nine.

Thanks for your time.

ismael.nadir
July 15th, 2007, 22:43
I would be interested to join. I am new to the Fantasy Grounds, but a veteran of pen and paper gaming. I tend to play rogues, bards or rangers. By GMT+1 you mean CET or UK time?

DMlaus
July 15th, 2007, 22:47
UK.

I'm in Hull, Humberside.

scytale2
July 15th, 2007, 23:29
This sounds fun - I'll play if I am free...

John_Geeshu
July 16th, 2007, 02:51
If Scy's in, then I'm in. Eventually we have to hit on a campaign that will accommodate his greatness, and my rambunctiousness.

VenomousFiligree
July 16th, 2007, 07:01
Sounds like fun, I'll provisionally book a place if I may :)

MB

Astragota
July 16th, 2007, 07:29
I am located in Athens, so scheduled time seems perfect. I am new to the FG, but not new in RPG. I would like to participate as well, if there is an open space. I am currently in one more campaign and looking forward to start my adventures... ;)

Simmo
July 16th, 2007, 08:23
Count me in please if space - UK player

DMlaus
July 16th, 2007, 08:50
Excellent!

So our group now consists of :-

Simmo
Astragota
Murgh
John_G
And possibly Scy

I was aiming for a six man group as an optimum goal, so that makes one (or two) spots left.

ismael.nadir
July 16th, 2007, 11:40
If there is still a chance to join, I would be most honored :). I live in Heidelberg, so I am GMT+2 (CET).

DMlaus
July 16th, 2007, 12:23
Of course you may join in, Ismael.

Last spot, then.Who wants it? :P

ZorxPotz
July 16th, 2007, 12:46
..probably me! those GMT+x Zones seem to be a bit rare lately! like the previous poster IŽm from Germany too, but relatively new to FG, but had a quick session with Mr. Geeshu (see above) before. IŽd like to give it a try! what would you say?

greets, ZP

btw - are you purely runnning the adventure text based or do we use some chat/audio tools?

scytale2
July 16th, 2007, 13:22
So when is this likely to be, so I can confirm my place, or not?

The spots went pretty quick:)

Astragota
July 16th, 2007, 16:49
Looking forward to... ;)

DMlaus
July 16th, 2007, 21:39
Okay, quick update.

Since I can't for the life of me work out how the ip thing works, i use a different method for connecting/ privatley communicating in the game.

I use Hamachi (https://www.hamachi.cc/download/list.php).

To connect to it, download and install it, and choose to join an existing network
and enter "DMlaus" and "FG" for the password.

This then lets you connect to fantasy grounds with me by entering the ip 5.157.236.168

The first session will probably be tommorow (Tuesday) at about nine pm.

Hop on hamchi between now and then if you have any questions/requests you wish to make. Thanks.

VenomousFiligree
July 16th, 2007, 21:54
The first session will probably be tommorow (Tuesday) at about nine pm.

That'll be me out :( , prior plans.

Would need a bit more notice to arrange things...

MB

DMlaus
July 16th, 2007, 21:58
If more warning is needed, I could easily postpone it for thursday/friday.

scytale2
July 16th, 2007, 23:11
I'm either doing it wrong or your address isn't connecting properly. I guess I may have the time wrong. Can you confirm when you will have the server up?

DMlaus
July 16th, 2007, 23:44
I'll be hosting the first session on Thursday, from nine PM onwards.

We'll probably spend a fair chunk of it getting characters ready.

Hope you can all make it.

scytale2
July 16th, 2007, 23:55
Not free this Thursday am sorry to say.

John_Geeshu
July 17th, 2007, 00:36
What about using a server alias?

glacius
July 17th, 2007, 04:41
I would like to play also. Iam new to FG2 and pen and paper role playing.

Astragota
July 17th, 2007, 06:07
Unfortunately Tuesday I can't due to another session....;)Thursday is fine for me...

ismael.nadir
July 17th, 2007, 11:23
I will be there on Thursday.

Simmo
July 17th, 2007, 19:07
eek i can do any day but Thursday....;(

glacius
July 19th, 2007, 04:25
I would like to paly also. I am a newbie to DND and and FG2.

Let me know

Thanks

ZorxPotz
July 19th, 2007, 10:06
hi there DMlaus - IŽam available today too, but when I click on your Hamachi site, it shows a bad link.. why not take up mr. geeshuŽs suggestion using an server alias? pretty easy I guess!
greetz, ZP

suntzu777
July 19th, 2007, 17:39
is there room for 1 more

Rob

ZorxPotz
July 19th, 2007, 19:02
As weŽre getting closer to the settled time I wonder if IŽam the only one having problems with the hamachi-link. If you read this, DMlaus, could you give some more hints or comment about the suggested alternatives..? not that youŽre out there alone later on! :confused:

Simmo
July 19th, 2007, 20:43
i'm having troube as well with the link?

DMlaus
July 19th, 2007, 21:50
Hello. Can you PM me a specific problem you're having?

Also, right now (9:38pm GMT, Thursday) the Server is up and ready.

Edit: I know what the problem is. Seems i left the clsong brack as part of the link, somehow. Just copy/paste the link and delete that bracket.

ZorxPotz
July 20th, 2007, 16:08
ok - it seems we didnŽt took a closer look at your link - but why not edit your post?
but honestly, looking at that page, it seems one have to register and thereŽs also some commerce involved.. so, not too inviting to me, since I am still missing a good argument against the "easy going" server alias which was suggested before.
Has anybody connected with you hamachi yesterday or before that? Are you playing already?