PDA

View Full Version : Rulesets?

thomgonz
July 15th, 2007, 11:45
I'm new to FG II or VTT for that matter. I saw an add in some of the Dragon magazines my boss had around the office. I bought 5 copies for me and my friends and I've been stalking the forums the last couple of days and reading as much I can. It seems that other then the built in 3.5 there aren't any rulesets available. I'm still at the phase of trying to figure this program out and haven't had much time to monkey with it. Is there a list of rulesets that are available as of now or are most of them still development as most of the threads seem to say they are. Is FG II that new of a product? I think this VTT has the potential to spark a huge interest back into pen and paper gaming. Hell because of this site I just bought the Savage worlds Dead lands book and the pocket rule book.

VenomousFiligree
July 15th, 2007, 11:59
I'm new to FG II or VTT for that matter. I saw an add in some of the Dragon magazines my boss had around the office. I bought 5 copies for me and my friends and I've been stalking the forums the last couple of days and reading as much I can. It seems that other then the built in 3.5 there aren't any rulesets available. I'm still at the phase of trying to figure this program out and haven't had much time to monkey with it. Is there a list of rulesets that are available as of now or are most of them still development as most of the threads seem to say they are. Is FG II that new of a product? I think this VTT has the potential to spark a huge interest back into pen and paper gaming. Hell because of this site I just bought the Savage worlds Dead lands book and the pocket rule book.

FG II is fairly new, there are a variety of rulesets available for FG1.05. Digital Adventures is producing comercial rulesets and should have some available in time for Gen Con (see this (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5907) thread), including Savage worlds.

For a healthy Savage Worlds discussion look at the forums over at FUM (https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/community/index.php)

:)
MB

thomgonz
July 15th, 2007, 12:08
Thanks. Reread those posts and got lots of info. One thing when is GenCon so I can get a tenative date on when the SW ruleset will be released. Will everyone who plays have to buy the ruleset or just the GM? I know these are a lot of nub questions but I'm really looking forward to utilizing this software as I'm now half way around the world from all my gaming bodies. :) Plus with looking around this site and seeing how nice the community is I might just pick up a few more buds.

VenomousFiligree
July 15th, 2007, 12:30
Gen Con: August 16-19, 2007

With FGII I believe each person needs to purchase the ruleset.

:)
MB

Kalan
July 15th, 2007, 12:57
Thanks. Reread those posts and got lots of info. One thing when is GenCon so I can get a tenative date on when the SW ruleset will be released. Will everyone who plays have to buy the ruleset or just the GM? I know these are a lot of nub questions but I'm really looking forward to utilizing this software as I'm now half way around the world from all my gaming bodies. :) Plus with looking around this site and seeing how nice the community is I might just pick up a few more buds.
Gen Con Indy is Aug 16-19 2007 :) So we're really really hoping to have Savage Worlds FGII done before then. As we get closer to release, we'll be releasing more information about our Savage Worlds products.

As for who needs what - FGII has changed how rulesets function from the old version. Now only the GM needs to purchase the ruleset and have it installed to play as the information is only transmitted when the players are connected to the host machine. That said however, players would then not have access to the information "offline", if the player would want access to it offline (ie: when not connected to the GM's session), they would have to purchase the ruleset.

Hope that helps you out some :)

V