PDA

View Full Version : macOS FGU 4-13 TEST Build Drawing Pointers using mouse activation fails.

Ulric
April 15th, 2021, 03:06
I noticed that trying to draw an arrow, box, circle, or cones using a mouse and pressing the right and left mouse buttons fails to draw or fails to draw at the point the action was started. The result is no pointer or a pointer appearing in a location that is unintended. If you right click and select a pointer from the menu then the pointer works correctly.

I tested this in the LIVE channel and the error does not occur.

To recreate create a new campaign in the TEST channel and open a FG battle map. Try to create a pointer using the mouse without using the menu selection.

I did not have any extensions loaded and both Channels were tested using the most recent updates.

rhagelstrom
April 15th, 2021, 04:13
I was unable to reproduce on test with macOS

I’m on Intel and not M1 if that makes any difference

Moon Wizard
April 15th, 2021, 04:52
@Ulric,

What kind of mouse are you using? Is it a 3-button external mouse; or a magic mouse; or a trackpad?

Regards,
JPG

Ulric
April 15th, 2021, 09:25
@Ulric,

What kind of mouse are you using? Is it a 3-button external mouse; or a magic mouse; or a trackpad?

Regards,
JPG
I am using a Logitech M325 (https://www.logitech.com/en-us/products/mice/m325-wireless-mouse.910-002651.html). It's a 3-button external mouse.

Ulric
April 15th, 2021, 14:29
@Moon Wizard/

I have now reproduced this error in the TEST channel on a brand new Windows 10 computer. I created a 5e campaign and loaded LMoP and dropped a token on the map. This computer is using a Logitech M310 three button mouse. The first two or three times I measured the pointers originations point was correct and then it started originating from random spots on the map. I did not have any extensions loaded.

Moon Wizard
April 15th, 2021, 16:53
Thanks for following up, and for verifying the same issue on Windows.

I think I found the issue. It looked like the drag start position is not getting set correctly if you press more than one button simultaneously. If you stagger button presses just a little before dragging, it shouldn't happen. I have a fix queued for the next build now.

Regards,
JPG