PDA

View Full Version : Combat tracker script error

rdenning
April 14th, 2021, 22:17
Patched RM FRP today and then opened FG and the update ran today (about 7pm BST).
Ran a combat about 9pm and every time we added to combat tracker or opened it we got
Script Error: (string "vt/scripts/ct_entry.lua"]:443: attempt to call field 'getValue' ( a nil value)

Moon Wizard
April 14th, 2021, 23:43
That looks like it's probably an extension issue. The ct/scripts/ct_entry.lua file that comes with Rolemaster ruleset does not have a getValue call on Line 443.

You should report in the FRP extension thread, since it is a community project.

Regards,
JPG

Majyk
April 15th, 2021, 06:41
Yeah, I think Ardem mentioned it was due to unused code for the upcoming Live release of Vision and Lighting effect that both he and Dakadin have been working upon implementing within the RM side of FG.

Once lighting comes out live for RMC, it’ll auto work for RMFRP’s ext and those log errors on startup on a server will go away(ie. they’ll now be in use/have references and linkage working).
🍻

bmos
April 15th, 2021, 13:47
I think you should redownload that extension. Line 443 (mentioned in the error) doesn't include "getValue" as mentioned in the error (at least when I downloaded the latest version FRP.EXT Version 2.28).

Ardem
April 21st, 2021, 08:54
Hi guys,

FRP 2.29 is out so it might be related, there are some CT changes here, this might fix the issue if not let me know.

rdenning
April 23rd, 2021, 18:43
Hi guys,

FRP 2.29 is out so it might be related, there are some CT changes here, this might fix the issue if not let me know.

OK so we are contuining to get script errors when interfacting with the CT.
As a precaution I deleted all the mods and ext, redownloaded them all and checked for updates.

So we get a script error when the CT is opened. We get error when clicking on the effects icon for a characters.
We get errors when deleting or adding NPCs.

I aslo find the characters boxes on CT have everything open and I cant toggle attacks, parry or movement bits on and off so the CT gets hard to navigate.
Now attacks will work and will resolve but this is obviously impairing the functioanlity of the game.

I aave recorded a 2 min video of this which might help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtFf9ayjqlU

superteddy57
April 23rd, 2021, 22:00
OK so we are contuining to get script errors when interfacting with the CT.
As a precaution I deleted all the mods and ext, redownloaded them all and checked for updates.

So we get a script error when the CT is opened. We get error when clicking on the effects icon for a characters.
We get errors when deleting or adding NPCs.

I aslo find the characters boxes on CT have everything open and I cant toggle attacks, parry or movement bits on and off so the CT gets hard to navigate.
Now attacks will work and will resolve but this is obviously impairing the functioanlity of the game.

I aave recorded a 2 min video of this which might help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtFf9ayjqlU

Have you tried clearing the CT and seeing if adding them back in still results in an error or verified it's happening in a new clean campaign?

Dakadin
April 23rd, 2021, 23:59
Hi rdenning,

I just checked those errors against the line numbers in the RolemasterClassic ruleset and they don't seem to match up so it is likely related to the RMFRP.ext. Which version of it do you have and have you tried downloading the latest version that Ardem posted? If so, I can always download the extension again and look at the code to see if I can help you get past these errors.

Thanks,
Dakadin

rdenning
April 24th, 2021, 10:48
I have tried loaunching an enture new campaign and I get eth script erros still on opening teh CT or interfacing with it. I am using RM FRP ext 2.29 (the latest). I tred completely wiping all mods and ext and redownloading.

Ardem
April 24th, 2021, 13:53
I played a full session with the latest mod and fight and no issues. I did have that error prior to 2.29. If you can send me you campaign file see if I get it on my end.

FGU or FGC??

Ardem
April 24th, 2021, 13:57
Also hit me up in discord when i am on and I will see if I can figure out what is going on for you.

Ardem
April 24th, 2021, 14:06
Ok I see it there is an error in FGC. I looking at it now, see what I can do

Ardem
April 24th, 2021, 14:54
OK this one is a strange one, replace your FRP extension with this link below. It should get you going however the rest and sleep code has been stripped out. I am not making this official this is only and issue with FGC not FGU, and just to get those who are needing it quick up and playing. Hopefully with dakadin help I can work this out.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/prwao8kc1qm5nl6/FRP.ext?dl=0

So for those interested or what to know, the FRP code only change the Combat Tracker Menu Script and Combat Tracker Entry code, which manages the calculations for Rest and Sleep. The 3 xml files have no changes are direct copies, I need these as they call the two script above in the code. I cannot do it like other scripts and modify just only the script because of this wonderful line in the ct_client.xml <script file="ct/scripts/clientct_entry.lua" />

Now for some reason this is all fine and dandy for FGU but for some reason in FGC we getting the errors above which I have no clue I even copied all rmc code in and took mine out and still got the errors. So this has something to do outside my pay grade <smile> Maybe even outside Dakadins.

Dakadin if you made a small silly extension and do includes for CT.xmls and copy your scripts in a script folder you will see the errors in rmc. That should not be an error, you might need to push this up to moon.

P.S. guys, I never get upset ever if someone needs to hit me up in Discord if you need something quick. I always try my best to accommodate issues.

rdenning
April 24th, 2021, 15:24
Tried senindg you the exported campaign ARdem but FG says it is too large. The FRP.ext you sent me (that link you asked me to grab) ahs apparently fixed the issue.
I have he campaign exported before I ran that new ext. Do you still want a look if so do you want to grab it from here: https://we.tl/t-Ka3dc37SfW

Dakadin
April 24th, 2021, 17:54
That's good news that the error isn't occurring with Ardem's changes. I will work with Ardem to figure out what is going on with the code.

rdenning
April 24th, 2021, 18:43
Thanks. As ever both your effortsare appreciated as it is great fun to be playing RM again.

Ardem
April 25th, 2021, 03:15
No need for the export campaign it is not a campaign issue, but a strange error.

Dakadin
April 25th, 2021, 19:40
I figured it out. It is actually because the extension is set to use FG version 2.9. Change the top line in the extension.xml to this and it resolves the issue:

<root version="3.0">

It is because the setValue function of the buttoncontrol isn't available unless the FG version is at least 3.0.