PDA

View Full Version : Token Lighting and FoW

kevininrussia
April 14th, 2021, 00:54
I moved a token holding a lantern into a room then back out a door. I am getting a medium gray FoW and where the vision with light falls off its black. Is that normal? Personally I would rather the FoW history area black too then it would not be an issue. The player should have a FoW history on the statue as it has in its surroundings the way FoW is working now.

Player view ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- GM View
https://i.imgur.com/mx0AWt9.png https://i.imgur.com/4y80DxX.png

Zarestia
April 14th, 2021, 01:21
I can't replicate with normal walls.
Is that only not working with the open door? Could you share your campaign or atleast the LoS Data and image?

Moon Wizard
April 14th, 2021, 02:33
Yes. Can you provide the campaign that contains that image, so that I can pass on to Carl?

Thanks,
JPG

kevininrussia
April 14th, 2021, 04:23
Yes. Can you provide the campaign that contains that image, so that I can pass on to Carl?

Thanks,
JPG

Could you remind me where I can upload the file? Its 62MB

Also I zipped the test channel after deleting most unneeded stuff. I had the map in images in the root, not in the Campaign. I tested after I got it down to 62MB and it still exhibited the same issue with the lighting.

Moon Wizard
April 14th, 2021, 04:33
You can post on something like DropBox or Google Drive; and share the link to [email protected].
(Share as public link; because support-files is not an actual user, just a list).

And we just need any image files used and the campaign, not any of the other folders.

Regards,
JPG

kevininrussia
April 14th, 2021, 05:04
Done

Moon Wizard
April 14th, 2021, 05:05
Kevin,

I got the share link; but it's asking me to sign in since you shared with support-files (as if it is a user). Can you provide the link directly? (i.e. the one that says "anyone with this link can view")

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
April 14th, 2021, 05:41
Thanks, I got the files now.

It does look suspiciously like one of the concepts we were looking at where any light value greater than zero was shown as is; and only then FoW was shown. However, it doesn't have the dim edge it should have for that concept. Also, I didn't think that got in the build, but I'll have to ask Carl. (This concept was trying to solve the FoW making dim light falloff look non-existent for tokens, due to FoW boosting.)

I've opened a ticket for him to review either way.

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
April 14th, 2021, 15:57
I confirmed with Carl that the concept was not included in the build; so this is a bug he is looking into.

Regards,
JPG

kevininrussia
April 14th, 2021, 17:42
I am sure you have it covered but I thought I would add another example. Here with out a door. The LOS is darker than the FoW history. Seems like it should be reversed. Still hoping we will be able to turn off FoW history as an option :-)

https://i.imgur.com/XAz6jHm.png

Moon Wizard
April 14th, 2021, 17:58
It is something we have discussed; but we have to get FoW working before we go there. :)

Regards,
JPG