PDA

View Full Version : Updating from FG1 to 2 questions....

Morfedel
July 13th, 2007, 16:39
Well, my friends and I updated to FG2, and we are now confused on a few things.

For one, as GM, my modules are still there. However, my friends on their computers don't have their characters available anymore - at least on their computers. And as GM, I don't see any characters either.

Where are they? Are we going to have to remake them?

Also, are there any issues I'll have to be aware of in migrating a campaign from FG1 to 2? Anything that doesn't port over well?

And finally, are the rules sets that third parties made still functional in FG2? I was thinking of buying the Arcana Evolved rules set, and possibly Iron Heroes, but I wanted to make sure they would work before I went and dropped the cash for them.

Thanks in advance! :)

Morfedel
July 13th, 2007, 16:50
Nevermind on the rules set question, I just saw the answer to that elsewhere.

Griogre
July 13th, 2007, 20:52
Well, my friends and I updated to FG2, and we are now confused on a few things.

For one, as GM, my modules are still there. However, my friends on their computers don't have their characters available anymore - at least on their computers. And as GM, I don't see any characters either.

Where are they? Are we going to have to remake them?
1) You should probably remake your modules by converting each campaign that made the module to FG2 and re-exporting them.

2) FG1 Characters - are FG1 characters. The local characters on your player's computer are still there but are not converted. The server characters in your compaign if/when the camapaign was converted are in your FG2 campaign. So, no you don't have to remake the characters. However the converstion from FG1 to FG2 is not perfect. The spell book and weapons part of the character sheet changed so much they will have to be re-inputed. Notes do not come over either. Hotkeys will have to be remade.

Also, are there any issues I'll have to be aware of in migrating a campaign from FG1 to 2? Anything that doesn't port over well?
Basically only the base d20 ruleset converts over. If you are not using the base d20 ruleset in FG1 then you need to convert your campaign back to it in FG1 (assuming it *is* compatible) and then Convert the FG1 Campaign to FG2. To convert a campaign using the d20 default ruleset from FG1 to FG2 all you have to do is copy the FG1 campaign folder into the FG2 campaigns folder. Start FG2 and the campaign will be converted.

If you where not using a default d20 compaible ruleset you will need to wait until it is converted to FG2. This is not a trivial exercise. However, Toadwart kindly did a converstion to FG2 of the Generic Character Sheet Ruleset.