PDA

View Full Version : New Version of Parallels -- Better but Still Broken

shammond42
July 13th, 2007, 13:14
I've got the new version of Parallels (3.0) which does emulate the 3D graphics card and can play various 3D games like Call of Duty.

I'm trying to get FantasyGrounds to work. I can get further than other posts here indicate, they were using an older version of FantasyGrounds. I can get the screen up to edit local characters, but none of the graphics render. The screen is solid black, with solid white outlines of the dice and a white band at the bottom.

I've tried windowed, full screen and coherence and I'm allocating a full 64M of video memory.

Has anybody encountered a similar problem on windows that they were able to resolve?

Thanks,
Steve

emb
September 20th, 2007, 19:35
I just fired up parallels, gave it 768 MB memory. I didn't check the video memory.

I'm running it from my boot camp partition, and it runs great straight out of boot camp. However, when I try to launch it in parallels, it displays initially, but then everything goes white for me anytime the screen needs to refresh.

So, for example, if I have to resize it, or if anyone chats anything, those parts of the screen go white.

Bummer... At least it works in boot camp.

emb
September 20th, 2007, 23:20
Just tried it on all full.

I could run World in Conflict (a new game), but no Fantasy Grounds. Why the heck did SmiteWorks do so much custom stuff?

It runs the same as you described, with the black this time, lots of flickering... can't see the dice. Looks like crap.

Basselope
September 26th, 2007, 00:35
I've been having the same problem with FG in Parallels. I have done a lot of messing around with it today and even upgraded my version of Parallels so I could enable DirectX in the video options. I finally got past the error but now the display is not clear at all and is just like the first poster mentioned. I would love to see this resolved as I have my Parallels currently all setup for gaming and don't want to have to boot back and forth between Boot Camped windows and Mac OS X.

shammond42
October 19th, 2007, 20:16
I just grabbed the latest parallels update and still not luck. It looks better, but still not even close to good enough to play with. Boot camp works, but it is annoying not having the rest of my mac environment available while I play.

Steve