PDA

View Full Version : getWoundPercent always returning the same?

Kelrugem
April 6th, 2021, 00:59
Hi :)

I am drawing a mental blank: I am looking at the ActorHealthManager and see the following code

function getWoundPercent(v)
return 0, STATUS_HEALTHY;
end

This does not look right, the 0 seems to be always the returned percent of the wounded state and, hence, also always healthy :) I think the function should look different, or do I misunderstand something? :)

Best wishes,

Kelrugem

EDIT: Seems to be on live and test like that, if I did not look wrongly

dogfisc
April 6th, 2021, 02:47
That looks like a backstop, and you should instead use getWoundPercent in ActorManager35E.

Kelrugem
April 6th, 2021, 02:49
That looks like a backstop, and you should instead use getWoundPercent in ActorManager35E.

(I know about the function in ActorManager35E, I just wondered about why the CoreRPG one looks like it looks :D)

Kelrugem
April 6th, 2021, 02:53
Yeah, a backstop indeed makes sense; CoreRPG has seemingly no health or wound field :) (I thought it has, but seemingly not)

Moon Wizard
April 6th, 2021, 16:25
It's a placeholder so I can create common health calculation helper fields without errors getting thrown. CoreRPG has no concept of health fields (since they're so unique to each game system); so it always returns unwounded and healthy by default.

Regards,
JPG

Kelrugem
April 6th, 2021, 16:56
It's a placeholder so I can create common health calculation helper fields without errors getting thrown. CoreRPG has no concept of health fields (since they're so unique to each game system); so it always returns unwounded and healthy by default.

Regards,
JPG

Thanks :) Yeah, my mistake was to think CoreRPG has health fields :D