PDA

View Full Version : Can't pick up and drop tokens even when unlocked.

Pacal
April 5th, 2021, 18:31
I am unable to pick up and drag tokens within a map. Is this a bug or do I need to do something different now to be able to do that?

Zacchaeus
April 5th, 2021, 20:02
How are you placing the tokens on the map?

Pacal
April 5th, 2021, 20:43
Combat tracker.

Zacchaeus
April 5th, 2021, 21:21
Ok, well then you should have no issues selecting and dragging a token. Are you using any extensions? Have you tested in a new campaign without extension? Also what ruleset are you using? And you are using Unity in Test right? (since you have posted in the Laboratory forum).

EllivasKram
April 5th, 2021, 21:27
I have noticed DM's like players cannot in V4.1 drag across walls etc.. unless you press SHIFT and then drag across the walls etc

Pacal
April 5th, 2021, 21:35
I have noticed DM's like players cannot in V4.1 drag across walls etc.. unless you press SHIFT and then drag across the walls etc

BINGO! I will test this tonight and see if it works for me.

Pacal
April 5th, 2021, 21:37
Ok, well then you should have no issues selecting and dragging a token. Are you using any extensions? Have you tested in a new campaign without extension? Also what ruleset are you using? And you are using Unity in Test right? (since you have posted in the Laboratory forum).

I am using the Unity Test version. I just realized that I did not explain the problem correctly. I am able to drag the tokens just not through walls. I have many extensions on. I will try the shift option then try it without extensions if it does not work.

EllivasKram
April 5th, 2021, 21:40
There was a post in the million odd posts in this 'Laboratory' area - where this feature was mentioned.. but its all getting lost now in threads.

Zacchaeus
April 5th, 2021, 21:54
Yes, it would have helped if you mentioned you were trying to drag through walls. A previous release now requires holding SHIFT whilst dragging. This was done so that the DM couldn't accidentally drag a token through a wall during normal movement.

houseofdexter
April 12th, 2021, 17:22
I did see this on the Thursday. I had 2 Large NPC Tokens that I could not move as a GM (Note there was a Light Tokens, under each of the tokens). I had to delete the NPC tokens and replace them from the CT to get them to move. This is the only time I've seen this behavior.

Moon Wizard
April 12th, 2021, 17:24
What's a "Light Token"?

Regards,
JPG

houseofdexter
April 12th, 2021, 17:29
Sorry...Light Source created on map. Also the large tokens where created with encounter.

houseofdexter
April 12th, 2021, 17:55
More info. I had 4 Large Tokens created by encounter. Each of the Large Tokens had a light source under them, 2 of 4 of the Large Tokens could not be moved but 2 of them could be moved.

Pacal
April 12th, 2021, 18:00
Shift works, confirmed! I suggest locking this thread as this is not a bug but actually a feature, and a good one at it.

houseofdexter
April 12th, 2021, 18:00
Ok...think I know what happened. There was also a LOS walls under the Large Tokens(PotA columns 4.09.02 E2 Temple of the Eternal Flame). I didn't try the shift to see if that would get them off the column.

Pacal
April 12th, 2021, 18:03
Yes! Sometimes there is a pillar with walls defining its location and if you accidentally place the token on top of it, it will actually be inside the walls and not able to move or see pass them. You need to hold shift.

houseofdexter
April 12th, 2021, 18:47
Actually the encounter had them place over the column(walls) but the weird part, each of the Large tokens where under the columns(walls) and 2 of them could be moved (without shift) and 2 of them could not be moved.