PDA

View Full Version : Deadlands: Lost Colony "Script Execution Errors" in Marshal´s & Player´s Guide !!!

TomtheBu
April 4th, 2021, 23:15
It´s nearly impossible to read through the Marshal´s or Player´s Guide of Deadlands: Lost Colony without throwing up a lot of script execution errors. Nearly every chapter brings up an error. Mostly the Marshal´s Background and Setting Rules in the Marshal´s Guide and a lot of the Introduction and Making Heroes of the Player´s Guide. I haven´t checked the whole books but I think, many more pages are buggy!

The Plotpoint campaign module "The Demon you know" seems to be ok at first glance.

The code is [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "ref/scripts/ref_blocklayoutmanager.lua"]:210: setFrame: Specified frame does not exist.

Please help! Thanks in advance

damned
April 4th, 2021, 23:19
Are you on FGC or FGU?
Do you have the Deadlands extension loaded?

TomtheBu
April 4th, 2021, 23:29
I am on FGU with the latest SWADE Update 5.2.16

The error shows up with or without the Deadlands Extension loaded. I tried to unload everything but the Deadland Modules and the SWADE Rules but it didn´t help

IceBear
April 5th, 2021, 00:00
I'll test it on my end later when I get a chance

IceBear
April 5th, 2021, 01:17
Ok, I get the same error reading the Marshall's Guide Reference manual. I think Doswelk did this before the big change to FGU back in February that changes a lot of the graphics and layout. Since it seems to be complaining about the layout, I suspect it has to do with that. I'll ping Doswelk on Discord and point him to this thread if he hasn't already seen it.

Talyn
April 5th, 2021, 01:28
That error would be from a custom refblock frame, which should be in the theme extension. Possibly the setting extension -- is there a separate extension for Lost Colony?

There is nothing "wrong" however, it's just that the Unity client is extremely persnickety about things and sometimes using "fake" refblock frames is (I guess "was" now that Unity whines and complains at every turn) one of our little "tricks" for faux-indentation of a small section of text. If you don't have the theme loaded, you'll still see the text, just not the frame texture.

IceBear
April 5th, 2021, 02:08
I'll have to double check but don't think there's a separate theme for Lost Colony. I think Doswelk has a list of modules that he is planning on splitting out the themes for

Moon Wizard
April 5th, 2021, 03:47
I just pushed a quick fix for this. Please update and try again.

JPG

Doswelk
April 5th, 2021, 07:27
I cannot re-create problem.

I have no extensions running (not even the DLLC one)

==================================

However I have added the missing skill: Transmute (so an updated version should be pushed out shortly this may fix the issue as I cannot re-create it) and uploaded the adventure Widowmaker to QA.

TomtheBu
April 5th, 2021, 10:29
Hello all, thank you for the fast responses and help, but I am sorry to tell you that even after the update, the error still persist.

It doesn´t matter if I have loaded any extension or not. Both modules - the marshal and player guide throw up the same error when reading through, although not all pages (but many) are affected. I wonder why Doswelk can´t re-create it. Thank you anyway for testing this and for the skill update :)

(Since adding the full Deadlands: Lost Colony Module to my FGU, the Extension from the "One Billion miles from home" adventure isn´t availailable in the Extensions Loading List any longer)

I am on FGU with the latest SWADE Update 5.2.16 (The error just throws up in FGU, not in FGC)

@IceBear thank you for testing on your pc. Can you please check again, if it still the same error on your system as well?

Thanks in advance

IceBear
April 5th, 2021, 11:59
Hello all, thank you for the fast responses and help, but I am sorry to tell you that even after the update, the error still persist.

It doesn´t matter if I have loaded any extension or not. Both modules - the marshal and player guide throw up the same error when reading through, although not all pages (but many) are affected. I wonder why Doswelk can´t re-create it. Thank you anyway for testing this and for the skill update :)

(Since adding the full Deadlands: Lost Colony Module to my FGU, the Extension from the "One Billion miles from home" adventure isn´t availailable in the Extensions Loading List any longer)

I am on FGU with the latest SWADE Update 5.2.16 (The error just throws up in FGU, not in FGC)

@IceBear thank you for testing on your pc. Can you please check again, if it still the same error on your system as well?

Thanks in advance

I'm still in bed but hopefully later today I'll get to test again. Doswelk sent me a video of him clicking on the various links in the Marshall's Reference without an issue. I know when I was testing I opened several pages without issue and then I *think* I clicked on one of the buttons in a link and after that I started getting the errors. Didn't really test properly with step by step analysis...I'll try to do better later

Doswelk
April 5th, 2021, 12:11
There was an issue with the module (not linked to the reported errors), this has been uploaded and should be in the next patch update, I could not re-create the problem with the updated version, so hopefully it is fixed.

TomtheBu
April 5th, 2021, 13:12
Hi Doswelk,

thank you very much! I was a bit slow but now I understand what you mean with your last posting.

I just wait for the next update of the module and try again :)