PDA

View Full Version : Storyweaver MapPacks01,02: Basic Rooms and places of divinity

SirJoe
July 11th, 2007, 00:11
Ok folks, here is the first bunch of free community maps. These are all very basic and not specifically 'themed' but they will get us up and running. I am happy for suggestions and new ideas. Please comment.

Files that end with S contain maps scaled at 32pixles per 5f. The following post contains the maps ending in L with maps scaled at 50 pixles per 5f.

Best regards,
Sir Joe

SirJoe
July 11th, 2007, 00:36
These are the large scale maps, suitable for use with Firey Dragon tokens, etc.

SirJoe
July 11th, 2007, 00:44
Some sample thumbnails of a couple of maps in the packs.
141 142 143 144

NymTevlyn
July 11th, 2007, 03:30
Wish I could turn them into tokens so I could build decent looking dungeons on the fly. But we'd need a separate token layer to do that properly.

Kalan
July 11th, 2007, 05:24
Those are some really nice maps...which then begs the question...

DUUUUDDDEEE ;) When you gonna get that tutorial you was on abotu done ;) The one thing that has always eluded me in CC3 is gettin the scale to look and work right...not to mention exporting it into FG so it doesn't look craptastic when you zoom in (and still maintain a lowish file size)...

SirJoe
July 11th, 2007, 14:36
Those are some really nice maps...which then begs the question...

DUUUUDDDEEE ;) When you gonna get that tutorial you was on abotu done ;) The one thing that has always eluded me in CC3 is gettin the scale to look and work right...not to mention exporting it into FG so it doesn't look craptastic when you zoom in (and still maintain a lowish file size)...

I'm working on it. Trust me! :D I had to mess about and learn all sorts of little niggly things to do it right... mostly to do with export settings, selection of bitmap tiles within cc3 and finally how FG2 itself handles images. Before I post up my final tutorial, I am wanting to make sure that I cover all types of maps: rooms, buildings, cities and town, and overland. To be honest, I am not happy with some the wall's tile resolutions (especially in the 30x30 rooms) and there are a few other niggly things I'd liek to improve. I expect this will take another couple of weeks to do right, as I need to edit maps and experiment a bit more.

Cheers,
Sir Joe.

VenomousFiligree
July 11th, 2007, 17:18
Those are some really nice maps...

What he said :D

MB

SirJoe
July 15th, 2007, 23:59
Hey ya. Ok the first set of maps are up. I will be posting several themed sets of 'stamp down' room sections with pure white backgrounds a bit later (it's a busy week now).

However, I'd like to hear from you all about what sorts of maps / rooms you'd like to see next. There is no point in me making rooms unless they are useful, so let me know and I'll crank up the ol' CC3 and get to work. Here are some some of the things I'd like to see in the descriptions:

1. What is the room used for? A quick general description.
2. Approximate size of room in feet.
3. Floor - what is it made from - what does it look like? Eg. "Grey stone tiles, or elaborate mosaic of a daemon face'
4. Walls - what are they made from and what do they look like (top view only)

Cheers,
SirJoe

tdwyer11b
July 16th, 2007, 00:53

I'm liking the texture for the walls and floors in this map!! Any chance I'd be able to get it?

SirJoe
July 16th, 2007, 10:03
The textures used in the rooms where all from CC3 with the DD3 additions and as such I probably can't post them up here. However, check out the CSUAC - they have HEAPS of good tiles and textures.
Cheers,
JS

kepli
July 16th, 2007, 10:47
The textures used in the rooms where all from CC3 with the DD3 additions and as such I probably can't post them up here. However, check out the CSUAC - they have HEAPS of good tiles and textures.
Cheers,
JS
The CSUAC contains of art from the DJ site, so if you are already downloading DJ art from the DJ site, you don't exactly need the CSUAC ;)
If you are using CC3/DD3, the CSUAC for CC3 might be good, since the guys put the art in CC-cataloges if I am not mistaken :)

tdwyer11b
July 16th, 2007, 13:41
Yeah, I've been waiting for the CSUAC to be hosted at the GM's Parlor, unless you guys know of an alternate download site.

Kalan
July 16th, 2007, 16:23
They had posted a link to the CC2 list a while back...I'll have to see if I can dig it up and let ya know.