PDA

View Full Version : Removing Wild Die from a specific trait?

Teotimus
April 3rd, 2021, 11:02
Is there any way to remove the Wild Die when rolling one specific trait? I've tried to use the Effect keywords but it doesn't drop below d4, and clearing the dice on the trait modifiers doesn't seem to work either. I guess this is impossible?

Thanks in advance!

IceBear
April 3rd, 2021, 11:14
Is there any way to remove the Wild Die when rolling one specific trait? I've tried to use the Effect keywords but it doesn't drop below d4, and clearing the dice on the trait modifiers doesn't seem to work either. I guess this is impossible?

Thanks in advance!

Trying to understand why this is needed...a houserule? It's assumed that if you're a wild card you will always roll a wild die.

I think if you just roll one of the dice from the tabletop it won't add a wild die. So if you want them to roll what their strength is without a wild die then have them roll the appropriate die from the pool at the bottom.

If it's an NPC you can temporarily turn off their wild card status.

Teotimus
April 3rd, 2021, 13:14
Trying to understand why this is needed...a houserule? It's assumed that if you're a wild card you will always roll a wild die.

I think if you just roll one of the dice from the tabletop it won't add a wild die. So if you want them to roll what their strength is without a wild die then have them roll the appropriate die from the pool at the bottom.

If it's an NPC you can temporarily turn off their wild card status.

Thanks for your answer. Some settings (like Beasts & Barbarians) have effects that can temporarily remove the Wild Die from some PC's specific trait. I hadn't thought of using the dice from the tabletop, it might be an option...

IceBear
April 3rd, 2021, 13:52
Ah...haven't played B&B. I'll be honest I don't think it'll add a wild die but I can't swear to it. I think you'll need to make sure you turn on Desktop Dice can ace