PDA

View Full Version : FG2 Problem

Superbored21
July 10th, 2007, 21:51
Alrighty, I got FG from a friend a while ago, he said he was giving it away and it was already active, and he included the serial that he used to install it just in case I needed it. So, I wanted to upgrade to FG2, so I used the serial from FG1, but it said it was invalid. ??? Help, thanks

joshuha
July 10th, 2007, 22:09
Are you putting the dashes in? You should be.

Superbored21
July 11th, 2007, 00:34
Yeah, I am

Ged
July 11th, 2007, 05:47
And using only numbers and capital letters without extra spaces either before or after the license key?

Edit: the advice above is valid, but the EULA states that "... You may transfer a license to another individual once if the software has not been used on any system ..." Therefore the original poster is not permitted to install the software using the license obtained the manner described above.

Superbored21
July 11th, 2007, 18:11
Yeah, I am....still not working...I can post the serial if you want

joshuha
July 11th, 2007, 18:39
Please don't post it. Send it to [email protected]. They may need you to provide identifying information about the serial number such as owner's e-mail address where they got it from etc. There may also be technicalities about transferring serial ownership but that is beyond my expertise and if your friend did give it to you (and is not using his) this may be ok.

The High Druid
July 14th, 2007, 02:41
Ged, I'm not very good this this sort of thing, and may have this totally wrong . . .

But havn't you just invalidated the EULA of FG2 by providing official support for someone who appears to have gained the software in violation of part 1 of that agreement?

Dachannien
July 14th, 2007, 03:44
Um.... I'm gonna go with "no" on that.

The High Druid
July 27th, 2007, 19:04
Edit: the advice above is valid, but the EULA states that "... You may transfer a license to another individual once if the software has not been used on any system ..." Therefore the original poster is not permitted to install the software using the license obtained the manner described above.

Aye Ged. Thing is . . .

he said he was giving it away and it was already active

Given FG didn't require any form of activation, "already active" sounds an awful lot like "already been used", which would mean the transfer restriction was broken.

Superbored21
August 3rd, 2007, 22:43
Did I do something illegal by using the software.....?