PDA

View Full Version : changing the campaign name

DNH
July 10th, 2007, 13:09
rather foolishly, in hindsight, i created a new FG2 campaign for my players with the name of the adventure they are currently embarking on (i won't name it here, in case any of them is watching!). i would obviously prefer a more general campaign name (such as "Mystara" for such it is) and would therefore like to change the campaign name. is it possible to do this? if so, how?

i realise i can create a new campaign with the new name but then i would lose all the characters, maps etc that i have already placed under the existing one. or can i simply copy the relevant folders (characters, images) over to the new campaign and that would work?

i also see there is something about "export" and while i don't know if this is relevant to what i am asking, please bear in mind that i am working with a custom ruleset, not d20, so i would have to work on the export xml before using that.

any thoughts?

Dachannien
July 10th, 2007, 13:27
Just rename the folder the campaign is in.

Your players may end up having to redownload everything, though. They can try renaming the similarly-named folder in their "Application Data\Fantasy Grounds II\cache" folder, but this may or may not work. Remember to back up your campaign, just in case.

Valarian
July 10th, 2007, 13:52
Can you create the new campaign folder and copy the db.xml file to get the characters etc?

joshuha
July 10th, 2007, 13:59
Just rename the folder the campaign is in.

This works fine. Yes they will have to do a download of some info again (its automatic) but not a huge amount since the ruleset itself hasn't changed.

John_Geeshu
July 10th, 2007, 15:28
You can also create a new folder and copy across the database, images, etc. I used this technique to get around database corruption. For whatever reason the corruption did not copy across with the database. I'm free and clear. Besides, as far as I am aware, players don't see the name of the campaign anywhere on their screen, it is only used as a name for the campaign folder.