PDA

View Full Version : Playing music for players in FG?

giriflava
April 1st, 2021, 00:00
Hi guys sorry a noob question but is there an easy way to play atmospheric music for the players in my Fantasy Grounds game? I think I heard Roll20 has a feature and wondering if something similar in FG?? Thanks so much and stay safe.

Aramis Dante
April 1st, 2021, 00:47
There are a couple solutions but my personal favorite requires you to purchase RPG Sounds about 15 bucks on steam. You can download your own sounds, music or whatever or buy their soundpacks at about 5 bucks for each set. In addition to this which is why I bought it, was because it will assign you a webaddress in which you can pipe your music what have you through that. All your players need to get is the web address you use for it. You don't have to screw with setting, discord or anything like that. Have fun.
Aramis. ps. there are other solutions out there but this is the easiest for me.

i3ullseye
April 1st, 2021, 06:09
This comes up all over the place. And for every time it gets asked, at least three different good options get posted hehe.

I personally use Syrinscape, which is a subscription, pay as you go, or even a minimal free service. But the real question is how do you voice chat in your game? Whichever method you use for voice will help decide how you get your players to hear the sounds. Syrinscape has a web player where, as long as your players are logged onto a web page link you send them, you control the sounds coming out of that web page. So they keep that running in the background. No fuss, no muss.

My group have some issues with this, for various hardware (and operator) errors hehe. But we use Discord for our voice chat. So I use Discord Audio Pipe to add a bot to our Discord channel, and it plays whatever I have set to output sound to it, which in this case is my Syrinscape. I used to jump through a lot of extra hoops to do this, but this simplified things immensely. Here is the post with the info..... hope it helps....

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?66632-Discord-Bot-for-Syrinscape-Stereo-output-to-discord-using-Discord-Audio-Pipe

Malaith
April 2nd, 2021, 02:30
I still can't believe that FG doesn't add a music player. Like everyone else! (Foundry, Roll20, Astral). So sad.

i3ullseye
April 4th, 2021, 19:09
I still can't believe Foundry, Roll20, Astral, etc... only offer a shared map and basic token functionality compared to scriptable automations like Fantasy Grounds. ;) So sad.

Malaith
April 5th, 2021, 14:31
I still can't believe Foundry, Roll20, Astral, etc... only offer a shared map and basic token functionality compared to scriptable automations like Fantasy Grounds. ;) So sad.

The idea is to improve FG, i use it a lot. With that way of thinking, Foundry will continue to gain followers. The automatisms for CoC are the same as those of Roll20. Not to mention smaller systems like Shadows of the demon lord that directly have no presence here (they were broken with updates from FGU and Morecore). Anyway, as a FG user i would like them to add music and sound management.

If someone doesn't like this constructive criticism, don't care... :)

Naurthoron
April 5th, 2021, 16:22
You can use the AudioOverseer extension that is free. It works either with Syrinscape or with your own local sounds library. You will need to route the audio yo the software you use for speaking (e.g. Discord, Teamspeak...).

If you would like it integrated directly into FG you can post a request there or vote for an existing one https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/.

Naurthoron
April 5th, 2021, 16:25

Foundry offers scriptable automation btw.

Jiminimonka
April 6th, 2021, 19:43
I still can't believe that FG doesn't add a music player. Like everyone else! (Foundry, Roll20, Astral). So sad.

Eventually it will. FGU is still in its fledgling stages, more things will get added over time.

In the mean time - there are a few ways to integrate Syrinscape into FG (search the forums for Audio Overseer for a start).

giriflava
April 7th, 2021, 17:59
thanks guys really appreciate the ideas posted here!!!!! You guys rock

vegaserik
April 8th, 2021, 15:56

I just don't think it's a high priority since there's so many options for it. I'd rather they put their time into stuff for the games themselves and I can easily use Syrinscape online. They even have Cthulhu packs.

Primo
April 12th, 2021, 17:53
I just don't think it's a high priority since there's so many options for it. I'd rather they put their time into stuff for the games themselves and I can easily use Syrinscape online. They even have Cthulhu packs.

Tbh, if it's connected to the user experience, it should always be a priority. Not a "stop whatever you're doing and do this" priority, but at least, somewhere in the roadmap. It's a stupidly simple mechanic which technically would be simpler to use, even on a VTT that already requires a software (like acessibility = 0) to run.

Thinking this way, yea.. there are other user experience improvements to be made.

Jiminimonka
April 12th, 2021, 18:16
There is a road map that we don't get to see. Imagine what these forums would look like if a deadline was missed on a published roadmap?

Sound will come. Obviously everything is super easy to deliver and takes just a flip of a switch, but Smiteworks just pretend it is complex to annoy the user base... ;)

Peregrino
April 19th, 2021, 10:41
I use this :

https://tabletopaudio.com/film_noir_sp.html

I must say it's very nice and easy just send the streaming link to your player end that's it.

If you can support the author via Donation.

bmos
April 19th, 2021, 12:26
Foundry offers scriptable automation btw.Sort of. I play in a Foundry game and there are some pretty glaring weaknesses compared to FG's automation capabilities.
Plenty of strengths too, but it's definitely not one sided.

Lonarandir
July 5th, 2021, 19:50
I use Syrinscape https://syrinscape.com/ which can be accessed through your FGU table by purchasing a mod from DrivethroughRPG, https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/301496/Fantasy-Grounds-Syrinscape-Sound-Links.

This of course incurs an additional cost, so a free option is to add a music bot such as Groovy https://groovy.bot/ to play Youtube music videos. It is as easy as drag and drop the url onto the /play command. However, it is worth checking how to set it up correctly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji5F6ksPGc0&t=1205s.

*Neuro*
July 6th, 2021, 08:40
As a long time GM on FGC (since 2016) and now FGU, the biggest missing thing now is the possibility to stream music, background music through FGU itself.

I don't need Syrinscape, I just want to stream my spotify music or other music files mp3 or the like.

Some games such as ALIEN RPG would benefit greatly from such a feature.

In one youtube stream David M. of Smiteworks said that they are thinking about it. Are they still thinking about it or Smiteworks is now actively working on the music integration?

All you fellow GMs know that this is the feature we miss. Do you agree?

Workarounds that I have read about streaming music through discord bots, syrinscape online are not very satisfactory for me, unfortunately.

Zacchaeus
July 6th, 2021, 09:02
No, I don't need music - it's a distraction and adds nothing at all for me. But music - or at least sounds of some kind is on the roadmap from what the devs have said in the past. I think right now there's still a focus on lighting and a few other things (Moon Wizard said in another thread that he's working on text rendering) but I'm reasonably sure that sounds will be the next big item to get released. Exactly what form that'll take is speculation at this stage.

Amerisun
July 9th, 2021, 02:11
I was very much like Zacchaeus, I didn't want or like music in my games (as a DM or player). But as I shifted online because of the pandemic, Dm'ing games with my players, some of them get distracted listening to other music while playing the game. I have noticed when I have sounds and music that changes with the mood / what they are doing, every one of my players are more engaged while they "wait for their turn" in combat, role playing, etc.

It's a challenge though setting up really good soundscapes in Syrinscape and takes some additional preparation, but it's awesome when I describe they see a shadow in the sky, and to roll initiative.. and just then the dragon's roar can be heard through their headphones and the drums of war start beating. :-) So for me, having sounds / music / a little ambiance I have learned to really love it once I opened up to it, and I feel like I am missing something when there is a battle, and there is no battle music.

Neuro - I am with you that there should be a way to play music / sounds in the FG engine itself, but probably a few other things need to be shored up first in the engine / feature set. I hope they will implement something, the problem is that if they do implement something, they have to be careful in how they do it so they don't get into legal problems with becoming a "radio station" by definition of the legal terms of that since it would have to probably stream through their service to the players connected. There are ways to stream YouTube through the discord bot I have in my tutorial post (in my signature) instead of Syrinscape, but it does take setup, and I think it would be excellent if it was built in to the software everyone is already using to connect to the game.

I look forward to the future of Fantasy Grounds now it's in Unity, the sky is the limit now as they are on a solid foundation that can grow with the community. Just a matter funding and their priorities, not technical boundaries anymore.

vegaserik
July 10th, 2021, 15:26
Sort of. I play in a Foundry game and there are some pretty glaring weaknesses compared to FG's automation capabilities.
Plenty of strengths too, but it's definitely not one sided.

I will give Foundry credit, it looks smooth. The animated maps and tokens along with ambient sound are all amazing, but yeah the gameplay isn't even close to FG standards, even with a ton of mods added to help with automation. I do love their ability to load a form fillable pdf character sheet and play using that. I think it's called PDFoundry.

aribethdm
July 24th, 2021, 17:30
I use discrod and the BOT rythm https://rythm.fm/ then I can write !play "Mysterious music" (without quotations) or wahterever name of youtube video with the music I want, players will have to adjust the volume according to their taste

drownedcreation
June 4th, 2023, 22:50
Eventually it will. FGU is still in its fledgling stages, more things will get added over time.

In the mean time - there are a few ways to integrate Syrinscape into FG (search the forums for Audio Overseer for a start).

Yea no thanks... two years later, still no music player. This was the final straw and the reason I canceled my subscription and went back to tabletop simulator. If I'm going to have to write software to make the entire system work anyway, I'd rather start from an engine that doesn't look like reheated dog ****... and which has the literal most basic functionality in a "music player" built in.

Zacchaeus
June 4th, 2023, 23:02
Yea no thanks... two years later, still no music player. This was the final straw and the reason I canceled my subscription and went back to tabletop simulator. If I'm going to have to write software to make the entire system work anyway, I'd rather start from an engine that doesn't look like reheated dog ****... and which has the literal most basic functionality in a "music player" built in.
Pity, since sound integration is in the next update which is TEST right now.

drownedcreation
June 5th, 2023, 00:01
Doesn't feel like a pity to me. My TTS setup absolutely crushes with all the mods I've downloaded and written, alongside the "sound integration" working in PRODUCTION.

ianmward
June 18th, 2023, 00:00
Fantasy-Grounds-v4-4-0 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?78080-Fantasy-Grounds-v4-4-0) now includes sound control, integrating with Syrinscape…

drownedcreation
June 20th, 2023, 06:46
Fantasy-Grounds-v4-4-0 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?78080-Fantasy-Grounds-v4-4-0) now includes sound control, integrating with Syrinscape…

This is only slightly less terrible. It's absurd to not be able to choose an mp3 and hit the play button.

ianmward
June 20th, 2023, 12:09
This is only slightly less terrible. It's absurd to not be able to choose an mp3 and hit the play button.

You can also upload files, but I think what has been done with the sound context and linking to different elements, like stories and NPC types is pretty impressive. Much more powerful than other systems I’ve seen.

drownedcreation
June 20th, 2023, 19:37
You can also upload files, but I think what has been done with the sound context and linking to different elements, like stories and NPC types is pretty impressive. Much more powerful than other systems I’ve seen.

Theoretically, sure. But practically speaking, no one is using that. Some minority will try it out once or twice and then forget about it because of the time- and cost-prohibitiveness of the solution. Not having the ability to press a button and "play music" this many years later is beyond ridiculous.

Zacchaeus
June 20th, 2023, 19:46
Theoretically, sure. But practically speaking, no one is using that. Some minority will try it out once or twice and then forget about it because of the time- and cost-prohibitiveness of the solution. Not having the ability to press a button and "play music" this many years later is beyond ridiculous.

I'm not sure what you mean by just 'press a button and play music'. Where is this music coming from? What player is being used? How is this getting to your players? What costs are involved that makes it prohibitive? Have you looked at how sound integration in FG works? Have you tried it? What issues did you find and we may be able to help - assuming that you are really interested of course and not just making posts for the sake of making them.

Trenloe
June 20th, 2023, 20:48
Theoretically, sure. But practically speaking, no one is using that. Some minority will try it out once or twice and then forget about it because of the time- and cost-prohibitiveness of the solution.
I think you massively underestimate the power, flexibility and ease of the new sound solution - and very much underestimate the amount of people that will use it. I see a lot of people using it, especially with the sound link modules - open a Bugbear NPC (or add it to the CT) and immediately have access to all of the sounds related to that creature - no searching, they're just there in the sound context window. Add a goblin and a spider to the CT and all related sounds are ready to go (see screenshot below). I'm going to be using this all of the time in my FG games and, judging by the fact that the PHB and MM sound links are currently 3rd and 4th in the recent top sellers chart, so will lots of others FG users.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57868

Amerisun
June 20th, 2023, 23:01
I think you massively underestimate the power, flexibility and ease of the new sound solution...

I'm not sure what you mean by just 'press a button and play music'. Where is this music coming from? What player is being used? How is this getting to your players? What costs are involved that makes it prohibitive? Have you looked at how sound integration in FG works? Have you tried it? What issues did you find and we may be able to help - assuming that you are really interested of course and not just making posts for the sake of making them.

The current sound implementation of FG is powerful, and many people will use it (me included). It's also a great foundation for future growth. If you have a Syrinscape subscription and are playing any of the pre-built sound link packs, it will be fantastic to have the adventure or monster easily play sounds or music and have all that work done ahead of time with a small investment in the sound sets/adventures / etc. for prepackaged adventures.

I will try to encapsulate what I think user DownedCreation was attempting to articulate but failed to do so. Also being critical and trying to offer some constructive criticism as well. I am slightly disappointed in the current implementation. It will not allow you to play a sound or music in FG and everyone connected hear it. Some other VTT's can do this. If you want to do this you either need Syrinscape or local files with some technical implementation like VB Virtual Audio Cable, Discord Bots, or VLC configurations (or others) so your players can hear it.

I know also that the foundation of FG is Unity, and it's not meant for audio streaming to everyone connected. Something that you could do with TCP / HTTP streaming technology bolted onto the side. Then you still have the same problems that Syrinscape already has with lag/caching and other issues. That's a lot of work to get this feature working, and should they put the work here instead of other features that would be excellent for a VTT?

Unfortunately, I know it's not a question of whether it can be done, but should it, when and then how. I manage a dev team building B2B software, so an ROI and business case are needed in combination with priorities on development tasks that would allow your platform to be compelling in the marketplace. IMHO if FG wants its platform to appeal to the most extensive user base, they need to make it as easy to onboard new customers as possible. FG currently requires specialized skills to use it. The coding for automation, the creation of sound sets, the understanding of local vs. remote, image sizes, VP8 vs VP9, slow connectivity, etc. Users that have been using FG for a long time find some of the new features a challenge to learn and need to work at it to understand and use its full power. It's not intuitive right out of the gate. I see it in the groups I play with and the questions they ask. Why it takes so long to receive images from a DM? Why is that WEBM I uploaded grey and not working? Wait, why can't you hear the local file I am playing? Quite a few users will complain or simply leave because of problems like this if other platforms are easier to use. How do you give ultimate power to your users to the platform so they can do anything they want but make it easy to use simultaneously? It takes a lot of work to solve. It would be best to have some guardrails to protect someone from shooting themselves in the foot without removing the platform's power.

So even though there are a lot of challenges, and I understand them, I am happy with the direction it's going. I want FG to flourish; I prefer it over other VTT's. But it would be nice to have some focus on usability and guardrails. Also with all that said, as a customer I wish I could stream audio straight from FG to my players without the need for anything else. :-)

drownedcreation
June 21st, 2023, 01:01

I am not really interested and I am just making posts for the sake of making them. I already canceled my FG subscription and went back to tabletop simulator, with prejudice.

drownedcreation
June 21st, 2023, 01:03
I think you massively underestimate the power, flexibility and ease of the new sound solution - and very much underestimate the amount of people that will use it. I see a lot of people using it, especially with the sound link modules - open a Bugbear NPC (or add it to the CT) and immediately have access to all of the sounds related to that creature - no searching, they're just there in the sound context window. Add a goblin and a spider to the CT and all related sounds are ready to go (see screenshot below). I'm going to be using this all of the time in my FG games and, judging by the fact that the PHB and MM sound links are currently 3rd and 4th in the recent top sellers chart, so will lots of others FG users.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57868

You'll use it a few times and never again, because who cares about "bugbear sounds"??

drownedcreation
June 21st, 2023, 01:07
The current sound implementation of FG is powerful, and many people will use it (me included). It's also a great foundation for future growth. If you have a Syrinscape subscription and are playing any of the pre-built sound link packs, it will be fantastic to have the adventure or monster easily play sounds or music and have all that work done ahead of time with a small investment in the sound sets/adventures / etc. for prepackaged adventures.

I will try to encapsulate what I think user DownedCreation was attempting to articulate but failed to do so. Also being critical and trying to offer some constructive criticism as well. I am slightly disappointed in the current implementation. It will not allow you to play a sound or music in FG and everyone connected hear it. Some other VTT's can do this. If you want to do this you either need Syrinscape or local files with some technical implementation like VB Virtual Audio Cable, Discord Bots, or VLC configurations (or others) so your players can hear it.

I know also that the foundation of FG is Unity, and it's not meant for audio streaming to everyone connected. Something that you could do with TCP / HTTP streaming technology bolted onto the side. Then you still have the same problems that Syrinscape already has with lag/caching and other issues. That's a lot of work to get this feature working, and should they put the work here instead of other features that would be excellent for a VTT?

Yes that is was I was implying without spending the time to articulate it, since I already canceled my FG subscription and no longer care. I have no intention of subscribing to Syrinscape or jumping through hoops to play music that my players can hear. It's absurd.

Trenloe
June 21st, 2023, 14:05
You'll use it a few times and never again, because who cares about "bugbear sounds"??
Excuse me, but what do you know what I'll actually do or what I care about? I've been using music/SFX in my Fantasy Grounds games for 5 years now and I can tell you with 100% confidence that I will use the new functionality regularly. Just because you don't care about the quick, convenient access to relevant context based sounds in Fantasy Grounds doesn't mean that a lot of other people won't care about it and use it.

Every group plays RPGs a little differently than the next group, and that's no difference with playing RPGs on VTTs. Your "TTS setup absolutely crushes with all the mods" you showed us in post #24 for example - it looks cool (kinda) but that is definitely something I'd try a few times and not use - because that's not what I'm looking for in my online RPG gaming. Does it make either of us wrong? No, of course not - but don't assume that other people won't care about something that you don't care about. You're looking for something that Fantasy Grounds can't do - and you've moved on to something that's better for you; that's not "absurd" or "ridiculous", that's your choice and I respect that. I politely ask you to do the same.

Gwydion
June 21st, 2023, 14:40
I was about to post something similar to what Trenloe just did. For me, the new sound implementation is really well done and much more integrated. I, like Trenloe, will be using the sounds consistently as I have done without this implementation for 5+ yrs. That being said, sounds like TTS is a great fit for you so that is awesome. Happy Gaming!

HywelPhillips
June 21st, 2023, 17:10
I have been using Syrinscape in FGU for a couple of years. I upload music to their servers for my playlists (legally - I have a subscription to a huge music library because I am a film-maker by profession) and trigger a combination of atmospheric sounds and music directly inside FGU. I have been using MatteKurre's excellent extension to do this to date, which also automated a bunch of chat trigger stuff.

Who cares about bugbear noises? I do. I've programmed a whole bunch of triggers for common foes, and for a lot of my player's stuff too so when the shaman summons a nature spirit there's a sound effect, when the warlock Eldritch blasts there's a sound effect, when there's a critical hit or a fumble or a wolf makes a bite attack there's a sound effect. The Weird Science healing sound FX in my Deadlands game is different from the Life Cleric sound FX in my D&D game.

The new FGU functionality expands upon this extension's functionality, with the new "smart" self-assembling mood board in particular being a significant step up in ease of use for triggering complex sounds whilst GM'ing. I'll be moving my stuff over from the old extension to the new functionality in chunks, because the new FGU way of doings an improvement for me.

If all I wanted was a simple way of playing a track from my computer, it would probably be frustrating. But having discovered Syrinscape I REALLY don't want to let it go, and the FGU way of tying in to their functionality gives me personally a great deal of bang for the buck.

Would I like synchronised sound delivery to players with range-sensing ambient sounds a la Foundry in FGU? Sure.

Is what they've implemented thus far a waste of time? For me, emphatically not. I'll be using it every session.

Cheers, Hywel

P.S. As others have said, it's also a big win in terms of development team manpower and costs compared with what we would ideally have, which is a Syrinscape competitor level of sound control plus Foundry levels of interactivity on a player-by-player basis. I'm a big believer in the 80:20 rule - you can often get 80% of the effect of the perfect solution by implementing the most straightforward 20% of the functionality.

Syrinscape provided an API with all the relevant hooks in to able to implement this in a straightforward way. It's clear from discussions elsewhere that implementing a whole synchronised multiplayer sound delivery subsystem in Unity is NOT the quick win one might imagine. So while it looks to us as though "all I want is a playlist of tracks like Roll20" is the simplest thing to ask for, it was actually more cost effective to hook into the Syrinscape APIs and also work with the Syrinscape and FGU existing licencees to allow stuff like the LMOP, PHB and MM sounds.

drownedcreation
June 21st, 2023, 19:30
Excuse me, but what do you know what I'll actually do or what I care about? I've been using music/SFX in my Fantasy Grounds games for 5 years now and I can tell you with 100% confidence that I will use the new functionality regularly. Just because you don't care about the quick, convenient access to relevant context based sounds in Fantasy Grounds doesn't mean that a lot of other people won't care about it and use it.

Every group plays RPGs a little differently than the next group, and that's no difference with playing RPGs on VTTs. Your "TTS setup absolutely crushes with all the mods" you showed us in post #24 for example - it looks cool (kinda) but that is definitely something I'd try a few times and not use - because that's not what I'm looking for in my online RPG gaming. Does it make either of us wrong? No, of course not - but don't assume that other people won't care about something that you don't care about. You're looking for something that Fantasy Grounds can't do - and you've moved on to something that's better for you; that's not "absurd" or "ridiculous", that's your choice and I respect that. I politely ask you to do the same.

I forgive you, but you will absolutely stop using it after the novelty quickly wears off. It is ONE HUNDRED percent absurd that fantasy grounds doesn't have a built-in way to play music to connected players.

Edit:

drownedcreation
June 21st, 2023, 19:33
I have been using Syrinscape in FGU for a couple of years. I upload music to their servers for my playlists (legally - I have a subscription to a huge music library because I am a film-maker by profession) and trigger a combination of atmospheric sounds and music directly inside FGU. I have been using MatteKurre's excellent extension to do this to date, which also automated a bunch of chat trigger stuff.

Who cares about bugbear noises? I do. I've programmed a whole bunch of triggers for common foes, and for a lot of my player's stuff too so when the shaman summons a nature spirit there's a sound effect, when the warlock Eldritch blasts there's a sound effect, when there's a critical hit or a fumble or a wolf makes a bite attack there's a sound effect. The Weird Science healing sound FX in my Deadlands game is different from the Life Cleric sound FX in my D&D game.

The new FGU functionality expands upon this extension's functionality, with the new "smart" self-assembling mood board in particular being a significant step up in ease of use for triggering complex sounds whilst GM'ing. I'll be moving my stuff over from the old extension to the new functionality in chunks, because the new FGU way of doings an improvement for me.

If all I wanted was a simple way of playing a track from my computer, it would probably be frustrating. But having discovered Syrinscape I REALLY don't want to let it go, and the FGU way of tying in to their functionality gives me personally a great deal of bang for the buck.

Would I like synchronised sound delivery to players with range-sensing ambient sounds a la Foundry in FGU? Sure.

Is what they've implemented thus far a waste of time? For me, emphatically not. I'll be using it every session.

Cheers, Hywel

P.S. As others have said, it's also a big win in terms of development team manpower and costs compared with what we would ideally have, which is a Syrinscape competitor level of sound control plus Foundry levels of interactivity on a player-by-player basis. I'm a big believer in the 80:20 rule - you can often get 80% of the effect of the perfect solution by implementing the most straightforward 20% of the functionality.

Syrinscape provided an API with all the relevant hooks in to able to implement this in a straightforward way. It's clear from discussions elsewhere that implementing a whole synchronised multiplayer sound delivery subsystem in Unity is NOT the quick win one might imagine. So while it looks to us as though "all I want is a playlist of tracks like Roll20" is the simplest thing to ask for, it was actually more cost effective to hook into the Syrinscape APIs and also work with the Syrinscape and FGU existing licencees to allow stuff like the LMOP, PHB and MM sounds.

Lot of stockholm syndrome going on in this place. Glad I got out.

Trenloe
June 21st, 2023, 19:54
I forgive you, but you will absolutely stop using it after the novelty quickly wears off.
You obviously don't understand how it works and how easy it will be to integrate sounds into my games; as pointed out you also have no idea how I run my games - so for you to state this as absolute is what's absurd here. As has already been stated - we look for different things in our games, you go do your thing and I'll stay here and be very happy doing mine and don't arrogantly attempt to predict what I will and won't do. Have fun on the other side. See ya!

drownedcreation
June 21st, 2023, 22:56
You obviously don't understand how it works and how easy it will be to integrate sounds into my games; as pointed out you also have no idea how I run my games - so for you to state this as absolute is what's absurd here. As has already been stated - we look for different things in our games, you go do your thing and I'll stay here and be very happy doing mine and don't arrogantly attempt to predict what I will and won't do. Have fun on the other side. See ya!

Are you getting that "easy" integration for free, or are you paying for a subscription on Syrinscape?

Why are you getting so defensive about what a stranger on an internet forum said? I can't help but feel as if you're trying to convince yourself rather than me. I think you know fully that you will immediately abandon this nonsense the moment the novelty has worn off. Perhaps you're upset with yourself over that realization because, due to the stockholm syndrome I mentioned, you actively want to be the guy supporting the lunacy that is fantasy grounds in its current form.

Just a theory.

Zacchaeus
June 21st, 2023, 23:04
Ok, enough of this rubbish. I’m closing this thread.